The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Still though If rafa can defend RG and then somehow come out of Wimbledon as the Champion it will make up for this and then he will further make more history by being the only person to win 3 majors on all surfaces and then tie BORG with 3 Channel slams. This year is not over Loads of stuff still left that Nadal can do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ubi1
Back however am waiting to hear his interview even stan acknowledged that Rafa was injured his back

I imagine Rafa won't want to talk about the injury straight away. He'll play down its significance today, just like he did when he lost to Darcis because he knows it detracts from the winner if the story is going to be all about him and his injury.
Reply 282
Original post by TheMagicRat
I imagine Rafa won't want to talk about the injury straight away. He'll play down its significance today, just like he did when he lost to Darcis because he knows it detracts from the winner if the story is going to be all about him and his injury.

Yh thats what am thinking Rafa saved the day for stan by not retiring today!he could have so easily retired but played through the pain!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Credit to Nadal for letting Wawrinka have his moment and fight to the end! Seeing him wincing at the end of the second set was one of the most awkward moments I've seen on a tennis court. It's a shame cos the match could have been quite the epic, given how Stan was hitting the ball in the first hour. Australian crowd need to have a look at themselves though- cheering on the underdog is one thing but booing Nadal when injured was not really called for.
Here you go: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/25904514

He even addresses the crowd's boos like a gentleman.
Reply 285
Original post by ubi1
Na this was worser than murray or federer it was even worser then his match with del potro in 09 us open when he broke his abdomen also his second serve was at 39 miles stan was like wtf

Posted from TSR Mobile

How can you say his back was worse than Murray's right now when Murray had to have surgery on his back, and currently we do not know whether Nadal will miss any tournament and if so, how many due to the back?
Reply 286
Original post by Sirocco11
Phenomenal feat - with his versatility on all surfaces you've got to think he's a challenger at all four slams now.

Definitely he's a contender at 3 of them - the AO (obviously), the French and the US Open.

However, he's not made it past Round 2 at Wimbledon since 2009, in a run that includes 3 1st Round exits. I think he could pick up some tips from Severin Luthi, Norman and his compatriot on how to achieve more success on the grass and adapt to the surface as quickly as possible after the French.

Have a feeling this could do wonders for him mentally though. He fought back well to regain momentum in the 4th set today - perhaps he can hold up much better in future matches against Nadal
Reply 287
Original post by Krish4791
Definitely he's a contender at 3 of them - the AO (obviously), the French and the US Open.

However, he's not made it past Round 2 at Wimbledon since 2009, in a run that includes 3 1st Round exits. I think he could pick up some tips from Severin Luthi, Norman and his compatriot on how to achieve more success on the grass and adapt to the surface as quickly as possible after the French.

Have a feeling this could do wonders for him mentally though. He fought back well to regain momentum in the 4th set today - perhaps he can hold up much better in future matches against Nadal

Contender at the French?
Reply 288
Original post by ubi1
Contender at the French?

I think so - he's had some good results there. If he doesn't have to go through Federer or Nadal at RG, he could potentially reach a Semi-Final or a Final (MAYBE even win it)
Reply 289
I think so - he's had some good results there. If he doesn't have to go through Federer or Nadal at RG, he could potentially reach a Semi-Final or a Final (MAYBE even win it)

SAD PRESSER PLEASE WATCH:

[video="dailymotion;x1ac1ta"]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ac1ta_sad-presser_sport[/video]
Reply 290
17 > 13
23 > 14

Two of Federer's biggest records are safe for now. So overall, a good tournament for Federer and his fans.

Argh, why didn't Nadal get injured against Federer? :angry:

Hugh props to Stan the man for winning his first major. So deserving. Also, a valiant effort by Nadal, so well done to him too.
Reply 291
Original post by Roger1
17 > 13
23 > 14

Two of Federer's biggest records are safe for now. So overall, a good tournament for Federer and his fans.

Hugh props to Stan the man for winning his first major. So deserving. Also, a valiant effort by Nadal, so well done to him too.

I would have preferred him to have lost to Dimitrov.
Reply 292
Original post by ubi1
I would have preferred him to have lost to Dimitrov.

He went from being injured against Dimitrov to fine against Federer to injured again against Stan. Lol, I can't figure it out.
Reply 293
Original post by Roger1
17 > 13
23 > 14

whats 23 > 14?
Reply 294
Original post by Roger1
He went from being injured against Dimitrov to fine against Federer to injured again against Stan. Lol, I can't figure it out.

Yaar watch the match after he came back from MTO he got booed and then the guy couldnt even hit a serve over 140k his second serve was 39km :frown::frown::frown:

He couldn't even run or move!
Watch it you will see!
Reply 295
Original post by Roger1

Because he loves playing Federer - it fires him up, and he goes out and plays his best tennis
Reply 296
Original post by Roger1

got to love nadal, he'll always save himself a 100% performance against old fed

he and berdych live for those precious moments on court with fed :lol:
Reply 297
Original post by Jack93o
whats 23 > 14?

Fed's consecutive GS SF streak. Nole was closing on it, but he lost in the QF to Wawrinka.

Original post by ubi1
Yaar watch the match after he came back from MTO he got booed and then the guy couldnt even hit a serve over 140k his second serve was 39km :frown::frown::frown:

He couldn't even run or move!
Watch it you will see!

Yeah, the crowd ere really pathetic. Many people think he faked his injury, but why would he do that with so much on the line?

Because he loves playing Federer - it fires him up, and he goes out and plays his best tennis

Yeah, Nadal always plays his very best against Federer and Federer his very worst.
Reply 298
Original post by Jack93o
got to love nadal, he'll always save himself a 100% performance against old fed

he and berdych live for those precious moments on court with fed :lol:

I agree about Nadal, but Bedych not really.
Reply 299
Original post by Roger1
Fed's consecutive GS SF streak. Nole was closing on it, but he lost in the QF to Wawrinka.

Yeah, the crowd ere really pathetic. Many people think he faked his injury, but why would he do that with so much on the line?

Yeah, Nadal always plays his very best against Federer and Federer his very worst.

Exactly he won 3rd set beacuse of stans errors Nadal was just hitting the ball. Crowd was incredibly disgraceful. Laver and Sampras were Kinda sad!:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest