The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by ubi1
Exactly he won 3rd set beacuse of stans errors Nadal was just hitting the ball. Crowd was incredibly disgraceful. Laver and Sampras were Kinda sad!:frown:

Laver was crying as well.
Reply 301
Original post by Roger1
Laver was crying as well.

I know because Rafa couldn't play 2nd set or the 3. It was horror for Rafa watch it please I want you to see what Rafa fans just went through!:frown::frown::frown:
Reply 302
Original post by Roger1
I agree about Nadal, but Bedych not really.

if you watch berdych's performances against federer over the past few years, you'll see that he always plays abnormally well against him
Reply 303
Original post by Jack93o
if you watch berdych's performances against federer over the past few years, you'll see that he always plays abnormally well against him

Berdych only started dominating Federer from 2010 onwards when Federer was past his prime. Before then Federer dominated Berdych. Since 2010, their H2H is 5-3 to Berdych, but Federer has had a couple of match points in two of those five defeats. It's more to do with Federer's level dropping, but Berdych does play with a lot more confidence against Fed and Murray than he does against Nole and Nadal. I agree with that.

Original post by ubi1
I know because Rafa couldn't play 2nd set or the 3. It was horror for Rafa watch it please I want you to see what Rafa fans just went through!:frown::frown::frown:

Lol, I saw it. I'm sure it ain't as bad as what us Federer fans have gone through for the last year and a bit.
Reply 304
Original post by Roger1
Berdych only started dominating Federer from 2010 onwards when Federer was past his prime. Before then Federer dominated Berdych. Since 2010, their H2H is 5-3 to Berdych, but Federer has had a couple of match points in two of those five defeats. It's more to do with Federer's level dropping, but Berdych does play with a lot more confidence against Fed and Murray than he does against Nole and Nadal. I agree with that.

Lol, I saw it. I'm sure it ain't as bad as what us Federer fans have gone through for the last year and a bit.

Aye, Nadal may have to go through a rougher patch when he declines.:frown:
Reply 305
Original post by ubi1
Aye, Nadal may have to go through a rougher patch when he declines.:frown:

Every player does. :frown:
Reply 306
Original post by Roger1
Every player does. :frown:

Nadals next tournament starts at 10th Feb so he has 2 weeks to recover from this back injury and hopefully the blister should fully disappear.
Reply 307
Who would you say would be tougher for Rafa to beat out of Murray and Djokovic if gets to the second week of Wimbledon ?
Reply 308
Original post by ubi1
Nadals next tournament starts at 10th Feb so he has 2 weeks to recover from this back injury and hopefully the blister should fully disappear.

Yeah hopefully.
Reply 309
Original post by ubi1
Who would you say would be tougher for Rafa to beat out of Murray and Djokovic if gets to the second week of Wimbledon ?

Good question. Murray is a better grass court player than Nole, but Nadal H2H with Murray at Wimbledon is 3-0 in Nadal's favour and Nole defeated Nadal for Wimbledon 2011, so it's really a toss of a coin imo.
Reply 310
Original post by Roger1
Good question. Murray is a better grass court player than Nole, but Nadal H2H with Murray at Wimbledon is 3-0 in Nadal's favour and Nole defeated Nadal for Wimbledon 2011, so it's really a toss of a coin imo.

Since Nadal won't Face Djokovic until the final of Wimby. Nole may be beaten by Murray in semis unless Nadal draws Murray again in his half! And Potential Xfactors are Stan,Delpo and Goat!:wink:
Reply 311
Original post by ubi1
Since Nadal won't Face Djokovic until the final of Wimby. Nole may be beaten by Murray in semis unless Nadal draws Murray again in his half! And Potential Xfactors are Stan,Delpo and Goat!:wink:

Rog is a HUGE X factor at Wimbledon - if he doesn't have to face Rafa, I can certainly see him being a big contender for the title there as long as he continues to play freely
Stan needs to improve on grass, but this win will give him more confidence
DelPo is inconsistent - no idea what he will do. :tongue:
Reply 312
Original post by Krish4791
Rog is a HUGE X factor at Wimbledon - if he doesn't have to face Rafa, I can certainly see him being a big contender for the title there as long as he continues to play freely
Stan needs to improve on grass, but this win will give him more confidence
DelPo is inconsistent - no idea what he will do. :tongue:

Nadal may have to go through Federer, and Delpo to reach the final while Murray has to go through Berdych and Nole so it could be equally difficult draws on both sides I hope!
You can't use Nadal and Murray h2h at Wimbledon seeing as how long it has been since they last played and that Murray has improved by a lot since then

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 314
Original post by TH3-FL45H
You can't use Nadal and Murray h2h at Wimbledon seeing as how long it has been since they last played and that Murray has improved by a lot since then

Posted from TSR Mobile

We still haven't seen them play each other play since 2011 as well - could have happened twice already if not for Mayer and RF :smile:
Reply 315
Original post by ubi1
Nadal may have to go through Federer, and Delpo to reach the final while Murray has to go through Berdych and Nole so it could be equally difficult draws on both sides I hope!

For Nadal Del Potro's height, baseline prowess and forehand make him a much more dangerous opponent than any of those other three. With Murray and Djokovic its much more a battle of stamina. Berdych is not in the same league.
Reply 316
Original post by Rakas21
For Nadal Del Potro's height, baseline prowess and forehand make him a much more dangerous opponent than any of those other three. With Murray and Djokovic its much more a battle of stamina. Berdych is not in the same league.

HAHAH great break down! However I can sense this loss as a motivator for Nadal:redface:
Reply 317
Want to know one way to ensure you wouldn't win the slam? Get draw in Deopo's half.

Saw in that Twitter that since he won the 09 USO, every winner of the slams has come from the other half of the draw than him!
What were the odds on wawrinka winning today? I was thinking to myself of making a small bet on him to win. I wish I had done now.
Really happy for Wawrinka- I hope he takes confidence from this win and can push forward to challenge for more majors. In the past he seemed to lack the belief that he could beat the top players but GS wins over Nadal, Djokovic and Murray have proved otherwise. I remember seeing him play live at Wimbledon 08 and thinking this guy is seriously talented! The backhand even then was poetry in motion.

Quick Reply

Latest