The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone seen the photos of the live action movie for Attack On Titan?
What you think of em?
Original post by Scienceisgood
What you think of em?

Can you post them on here, or provide a link?
Ok, if the trailer or a sneak peek doesn't come out for the the new series of Fairy Tail soon, I am going to cry. :frown:

Less than 3 months left until the end of April and still nothing other than the info of it being released in April... :frown:
Ok, if the trailer or a sneak peek doesn't come out for the the new series of Fairy Tail soon, I am going to cry. :frown:

Less than 3 months left until the end of April and still nothing other than the info of it being released in April... :frown:

Has it been about a year or so since it ended, the break doesn't seem long enough. I don't read the manga, so I dont know how far they are in the story, but bleach has started back up yet.

What you think of em?

Looks decent so far, regardless of how it turns out I'm watching it.
Original post by Dr Tenacious
Has it been about a year or so since it ended, the break doesn't seem long enough. I don't read the manga, so I dont know how far they are in the story, but bleach has started back up yet.

The Grand Magic Games ended well and the story is currently using the last dark guild, Tartaros in the Baram Aliance (The 3 major dark guilds) and is comprised entirely of demons from the book of Zeref.

Not giving away any details, just the very brief outline.
Oh yeah, and Zeref FINALLY said he will destroy humanity to prevent history from repeating itself.

Also, it *sounds* as though Jellal is going to die. Not gonna say why but in order for Tartaros' master to be released, a certain seal has to be broken and even Igneel couldn't beat the guild's master 400 years ago.

I would pick up reading it again if I were you, you should be able to catch up by the time it returns. :smile:
:tumble:

I'm in need of some manga recommendations once again, please. :puppyeyes: This time either unlicensed series that are available scanlated, or licensed series that are available to buy as e-books in the UK. Preferably complete series too (finished in Japan AND fully translated). Aside from those specifications, any series of any length or genre is fine, and would be greatly appreciated. :smile:

So far everything I've bought for Kindle has been from emanga.com, which is cheap, but very difficult to just browse through (the tags suck). Aside from Give my Regards to Black Jack and Earthian, most of the titles on there that have caught my interest are 1-2 volumes long, so I'll be out of ideas soon. As for Amazon's Kindle store, I found out they offered free previews, so had a look at House of Five Leaves. Great file quality, and I liked the anime, so I'll likely start that soon. :smile:

With regards to scanlations... I haven't a clue where to start, there are so many titles out there. :p: For some reason I've nervously stuck to artists I know, using it as an excuse to read any of their works that haven't been translated (Boukun Tyrano-san, Shino-chan and Hikari no Machi being a few examples), but I'll run out of those as well if I keep up my current pace. So yeah, feel free to treat me as a complete n00b when making suggestions, as if they're not published in English or adapted into anime then I likely won't have heard of them. :o:
(edited 10 years ago)
Aj, just thinking but, i know you have this thing about only reading completed manga (you hate cliff hangers or something?) but have you started reading any of the long running series (bleach, one piece, Naruto, fairy tail, attack on titan etc...?) at all?
Aj, just thinking but, i know you have this thing about only reading completed manga (you hate cliff hangers or something?) but have you started reading any of the long running series (bleach, one piece, Naruto, fairy tail, attack on titan etc...?) at all?

Nah, it's nothing to do with cliffhangers - I watch ongoing anime, and am collecting 15 ongoing manga series too, though I'm waiting on English published volumes as opposed to scanlators. I count myself lucky to get one new volume a year for a lot of those... and I don't really want to add to the backlog, hence why I'm looking for series I can read straight through from start to finish. :smile:

To answer your question, I was always put off by the length of the long running shounen series when it came to buying, simply because of shelf space (and that was 6-7 years ago, they're a lot longer now!) The longest series I own are Negima!, which was only on about 10 volumes when I started it, and Rave Master, because a friend gave me over half the series for free. I'd consider them in e-book form, and had actually been considering Attack on Titan or Fairy Tail to replace Psyren (since Viz only have three more volumes to publish).
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6389
Original post by AngryJellyfish
:tumble:

I'm in need of some manga recommendations once again, please. :puppyeyes: This time either unlicensed series that are available scanlated, or licensed series that are available to buy as e-books in the UK. Preferably complete series too (finished in Japan AND fully translated). Aside from those specifications, any series of any length or genre is fine, and would be greatly appreciated. :smile:

So far everything I've bought for Kindle has been from emanga.com, which is cheap, but very difficult to just browse through (the tags suck). Aside from Give my Regards to Black Jack and Earthian, most of the titles on there that have caught my interest are 1-2 volumes long, so I'll be out of ideas soon. As for Amazon's Kindle store, I found out they offered free previews, so had a look at House of Five Leaves. Great file quality, and I liked the anime, so I'll likely start that soon. :smile:

With regards to scanlations... I haven't a clue where to start, there are so many titles out there. :p: For some reason I've nervously stuck to artists I know, using it as an excuse to read any of their works that haven't been translated (Boukun Tyrano-san, Shino-chan and Hikari no Machi being a few examples), but I'll run out of those as well if I keep up my current pace. So yeah, feel free to treat me as a complete n00b when making suggestions, as if they're not published in English or adapted into anime then I likely won't have heard of them. :o:

While I'd like to give you some recs I'm a bit of a disaster when it comes to knowing what's licensed, since I've taken to avoiding looking at what's available to buy in an attempt to stem my impulse to spend money......that and the fact that the majority of the manga I read seems to BL these days....which I doubt you'd be interested in :tongue:

I can give general recs though~!
Bloody Monday
Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer
High School Debut
Magico
Monochrome Factor
Nineteen, Twenty-One
Prunus Girl
Rurouni Kenshin

All are fully scanlated at least - clueless about the licensing for most to be honest :redface:
Original post by caraniel
While I'd like to give you some recs I'm a bit of a disaster when it comes to knowing what's licensed, since I've taken to avoiding looking at what's available to buy in an attempt to stem my impulse to spend money......that and the fact that the majority of the manga I read seems to BL these days....which I doubt you'd be interested in :tongue:

I can give general recs though~!
Bloody Monday
Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer
High School Debut
Magico
Monochrome Factor
Nineteen, Twenty-One
Prunus Girl
Rurouni Kenshin

All are fully scanlated at least - clueless about the licensing for most to be honest :redface:

Meh, one of the first titles I downloaded for Kindle was Love Neco, and I also bought the first two volumes of Earthian a few days ago. :p: Chances are the BL will keep on racking up if emanga remains one of the only sites to cater to the UK market, since they don't offer much else. :giggle:

As for those you've suggested:

Bloody Monday - Available for Kindle on Amazon. PERFECT. :biggrin:

Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer - Seven Seas just got that.

High School Debut - Viz have it, but it's region restricted. :s: I might treat such titles in the same way I treat R1 licensed anime and download it anyway, but the fact I could just buy it in print will weigh heavily on my mind...

Magico - One for the scanlation list, cheers!

Monochrome Factor - License died with Tokyopop, followed by JManga, so all's good. :biggrin:

Nineteen, Twenty-One - This one's short, sounds interesting though. Plus I need to check out more Manhwa.

Prunus Girl - Ah yes, this was very much on my radar already...

Rurouni Kenshin - Also available on Kindle! Loved the anime, so this will now be high on my list. :yes:

Many thanks!
Meh, one of the first titles I downloaded for Kindle was Love Neco, and I also bought the first two volumes of Earthian a few days ago. :p: Chances are the BL will keep on racking up if emanga remains one of the only sites to cater to the UK market, since they don't offer much else. :giggle:

High School Debut - Viz have it, but it's region restricted. :s: I might treat such titles in the same way I treat R1 licensed anime and download it anyway, but the fact I could just buy it in print will weigh heavily on my mind...

Monochrome Factor - License died with Tokyopop, followed by JManga, so all's good. :biggrin:

Nineteen, Twenty-One - This one's short, sounds interesting though. Plus I need to check out more Manhwa.

Rurouni Kenshin - Also available on Kindle! Loved the anime, so this will now be high on my list. :yes:

Many thanks!

I am starting to think if you had a big enough house, you could make a library room for manga alone...
I am starting to think if you had a big enough house, you could make a library room for manga alone...

That would be my ideal home! Though reality is usually more harsh - a couple of my friends have sold parts of their anime and manga collections over the past year to raise money/clear space when moving to their own homes... I just hope I'm never faced with the same situation. :zomg:
Reply 6393

Many thanks!

I should really up my manga intake - mostly stick to my long-running series and pick up some smutty BL or fluffy shoujo one-shots whenever I have some free time. Been pondering picking up Attack on Titan, but think I'll wait for the inevitable second season of the anime - it's just so visually dynamic I think it works better animated.
I should really up my manga intake - mostly stick to my long-running series and pick up some smutty BL or fluffy shoujo one-shots whenever I have some free time. Been pondering picking up Attack on Titan, but think I'll wait for the inevitable second season of the anime - it's just so visually dynamic I think it works better animated.

I've somehow managed to read one volume of manga a day since the start of the year... don't think I can keep that up forever, though. :p:
Reply 6395
I've somehow managed to read one volume of manga a day since the start of the year... don't think I can keep that up forever, though. :p:

You mad, mad person you......although saying that I went though a couple of months last year where I read a novel a week so I can completely get how you've managed that.

It has been quite a long time since I marathoned a manga series though....a few of my long running series have just finished so I should really replace them with something. But at the moment I'm on another One Piece binge which is eating up all my time.

Speaking of which.....anyone know when the Punk Hazard arc ends?
Speaking of which.....anyone know when the Punk Hazard arc ends?

In the manga? *wikis* Chapter 699. :yes: I'm currently working my way through the anime adaptation of the arc, myself, just passed the 600 ep mark. :zomg:

Finished Gisou Honey Trap... had all the right tags, but the pacing and ending were both meh. Will be starting Magico next!
Reply 6397
In the manga? *wikis* Chapter 699. :yes: I'm currently working my way through the anime adaptation of the arc, myself, just passed the 600 ep mark. :zomg:

Finished Gisou Honey Trap... had all the right tags, but the pacing and ending were both meh. Will be starting Magico next!

Nah the anime - One Piece is the only one I'm not following of the "big three" shounen manga. I've just watched ep600 myself - wondering if I'm going to catch up to broadcast if the Punk Hazard arc isn't actually over yet....don't really want to be watching One Piece weekly since I vastly prefer to marathon it every 6 months or so.
I've heard good things about the series "Planetes".

Just out of interest, is it worth watching?
Nah the anime - One Piece is the only one I'm not following of the "big three" shounen manga. I've just watched ep600 myself - wondering if I'm going to catch up to broadcast if the Punk Hazard arc isn't actually over yet....don't really want to be watching One Piece weekly since I vastly prefer to marathon it every 6 months or so.

In that case, it's episode 625. :yes: I only marathon complete arcs myself, so I didn't watch it for a year!

Latest