The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xxstace123xx
Should I apply for student finance now I have confirmed my place?

Also does anyone know if you can change it? The reason I ask is I am predicted a first, so if I get that I'll get enough grant to not get maintenece loans but I don't want to risk it if I get a 2:1.

Hi,

I applied yesterday online and when it comes to 'will you have any other income?' it specifically says underneath - do not include grants, loans, bursaries etc from university/government.

So doesn't matter either way.

Cindy
Reply 5181
I've been offered a place at Newcastle, Northumbria and Sunderland. Really can't decide between Newcastle and Northumbria! Anyone got any thoughts?? Thanks
I'm torn between my head and my heart. Do I choose a uni that I love and has been my number one since I started looking, despite a longer commute (Derby), or a uni that is closer but I didn't like quite as much (Trent)? I am leaning towards my heart but not entirely sure what would be the right decision!
Original post by Esmeralda4
I'm torn between my head and my heart. Do I choose a uni that I love and has been my number one since I started looking, despite a longer commute (Derby), or a uni that is closer but I didn't like quite as much (Trent)? I am leaning towards my heart but not entirely sure what would be the right decision!

Remember you need to want to get up everyday and go! You may not feel that way with Trent. How much time difference is there between both? 15/20 mins I would go with your heart, 30/40 mins maybe go with your head. Also are you going by train or car?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by womanonamission
Remember you need to want to get up everyday and go! You may not feel that way with Trent. How much time difference is there between both? 15/20 mins I would go with your heart, 30/40 mins maybe go with your head. Also are you going by train or car?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It will be bus or train. When I have done the journeys by bus there has been a 20 to 30 min difference, depending on traffic. Obviously train would be a bit quicker though slightly more expensive for me.
Original post by kittykebab
Hi,

I applied yesterday online and when it comes to 'will you have any other income?' it specifically says underneath - do not include grants, loans, bursaries etc from university/government.

So doesn't matter either way.

Cindy

Ok thanks,

Does anyone know if I have to do a totally new application or can I do it off the one I already have for my undergraduate?
Reply 5186

Oooooo have you received an offer from trent!?!
What is the largest challenge in which primary school teachers are facing at present?
Original post by MS90
Oooooo have you received an offer from trent!?!

Yeah. They emailed me but it hasn't gone up on track yet...
Ok thanks,

Does anyone know if I have to do a totally new application or can I do it off the one I already have for my undergraduate?

Hi,

You have to use the same ID number etc as your previous student loan as it all needs to link up. But the application itself is a new one.

Cnndy

If it's practical then I'd say heart - just because it's such a tough year and you need that support network. I felt that I'd get that from Derby, but Trent didn't even reply to my emails at the initial stages which put me off enough not to even go to the interview after I was offered Derby!

But it is further to travel and it will involve later nights/earlier starts I guess....

xx
Reply 5191
Yeah. They emailed me but it hasn't gone up on track yet...

Awesomeeee...i still havent heard anything yettt...i hate the waiting...espesh if its just a wait for a rejection haha
Reply 5192
Has anyone been offered a place at the University of Cumbria (Lancaster campus) for the General Primary PGCE course? Anyone that attended 15th January 2014 interview? Thank you :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by kittykebab
If it's practical then I'd say heart - just because it's such a tough year and you need that support network. I felt that I'd get that from Derby, but Trent didn't even reply to my emails at the initial stages which put me off enough not to even go to the interview after I was offered Derby!

But it is further to travel and it will involve later nights/earlier starts I guess....

xx

Yeah, I am worried about the increase is travel time and money....but I keep thinking about Derby and I remember how excited I was by the place and the course when I first visited. It IS doable, I think. It's just scary making that final decision!
Original post by MS90
Awesomeeee...i still havent heard anything yettt...i hate the waiting...espesh if its just a wait for a rejection haha

Aww! I find it weird that unis don't let everyone from an interview day know at the same time. From what I can gather, the same happened with Derby. Strange!
Reply 5195
Yeah, I am worried about the increase is travel time and money....but I keep thinking about Derby and I remember how excited I was by the place and the course when I first visited. It IS doable, I think. It's just scary making that final decision!

Hiyaa! I have an interview for primary pgce at trent soon, i was wondering what to look forward to? Im still waiting for my interview pack to come through, i know there is some independent research to do on teaching and learning? and there will be a group presentation aswel..?..What is it like ? :smile: any help will be much appreciated!
Original post by mjkp
Hiyaa! I have an interview for primary pgce at trent soon, i was wondering what to look forward to? Im still waiting for my interview pack to come through, i know there is some independent research to do on teaching and learning? and there will be a group presentation aswel..?..What is it like ? :smile: any help will be much appreciated!

Hi! The interview was really chilled out and pretty enjoyable actually, nothing to worry about at all. It fits the schedule they send to you and the interview group is quite small (it was for us anyway). Make sure you are confident and have all your research prepared and you should be fine. Good luck!
Has anyone on this thread been offered a place with school direct placement with Cumbria university?I am waiting to hear back from an interview last week has anyone else had an offers. And How did their interview process go?
Reply 5198
Aww! I find it weird that unis don't let everyone from an interview day know at the same time. From what I can gather, the same happened with Derby. Strange!

Yeaah...fingers crossed they arent doing the yes ones first and then the no ones later or else im screwed haha!
Ok thanks,

You do it on the same application as undergrad - same details x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending