The Student Room Group

Does this mean you're gay or bisexual?

I consider myself bisexual because I am sexually attracted to both men and women.

However, in a example situation, if my dream man and my dream woman were laying on a bed together, and I was allowed to .... "spend some time and do whatever I wanted sexually" with one of them, I would ALWAYS choose the man.

Does that make me gay or not? It's very confusing.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
If you're attracted to both men and women in the first place, then just because you'd pick the man in that scenario doesn't mean you're necessarily gay. Just more attracted to men than you are women.

I think what would make someone gay would be if they weren't attracted to women at all, in a sexual context.
Reply 3

That's a silly questionnaire if I've ever saw one. :rolleyes:
Original post by Red one
That's a silly questionnaire if I've ever saw one. :rolleyes:

foolproof m8
Reply 5
yes your prob more inclined to side with the gay side
No, just means you're more inclined to the gay side of the spectrum.
Reply 7
If you're not out as a bisexual but recognise your bisexual desires on the low down then it may be because the man is the forbidden fruit. I mean would your family be fine if you had a boyfriend?
Reply 8
Original post by Wilfred Little
foolproof m8

I'm sure that's what attracted you to it in the first place. :rolleyes: Then again only a fool would use a questionnaire to determine their orientation.
Original post by Red one
I'm sure that's what attracted you to it in the first place. :rolleyes: Then again only a fool would use a questionnaire to determine their orientation.

I already know my sexuality lol?
Reply 10
Original post by Wilfred Little
I already know my sexuality lol?

Are you gay? I'm getting a gay vibe from you.
Original post by Red one
Are you gay? I'm getting a gay vibe from you.

You say it, as if I should be insulted...
Original post by Ebony19
If you're not out as a bisexual but recognise your bisexual desires on the low down then it may be because the man is the forbidden fruit. I mean would your family be fine if you had a boyfriend?

They wouldn't approve, but I don't care what they think.
It's just you admitting to yourself that you have no game and think it will be easier to get laid with a bloke.
Reply 14
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
They wouldn't approve, but I don't care what they think.

You say that but the fact of the matter is in your mind ****ing a man is rebellion.
Forbidden fruit is sexier, you want it more.
Girls are on a plate and they would accept it if they knew you were having sex with your girlfriend, but they wouldn't if they knew you were having sex with a man.
Reply 15
I consider myself bisexual because I am sexually attracted to both men and women.

However, in a example situation, if my dream man and my dream woman were laying on a bed together, and I was allowed to .... "spend some time and do whatever I wanted sexually" with one of them, I would ALWAYS choose the man.

No. It just means you prefer to be sexual with men (and attraction is about more than sex anyway). It happens. Sexuality is a spectrum and is fluid. Not every person is 100 percent males, 100 percent female, or 50:50.

There are many who are bisexual (and may identify as bisexual) but prefer males over females or vice versa. This can be a constant preference or it can change.

So, yes, I would still consider you to be bisexual, if this is how you defined yourself.

Or, you know, just throw labels out of the window. I know I'm not bothered with them (and have never really felt comfortable referring to myself as bisexual anyway).

bisexual with a preference towards males.

first reply nailed it (hehe) - sexuality is not black/white, everyone exists somewhere on a scale between 99.999999999999r% straight to 0.00000000000001% straight I.E ghey.

personally i'm probably about an 85% straight meaning i have caught the gay to a smaller extent that you (you are probably 20-40% straight meaning you have well and truly caught the gay)

martin x

Quick Reply

Latest