The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4580
Original post by arminb
Sorry guys I was in school. On this presentation, page 11 i think it states that UK 52% EU 10% and non-EU 38%. So I'm afraid the stats are true. But maybe they don't have quota for EU students and that is only about the no. of EU students applying.
Don't be disheartened. It makes it more valuable this way. I am international and everyone says that I was only accepted because they want money not because I was good.With you, its the other way.

I see, that's a legit source :wink: let's hope it's mostly due to number of applicants and that they might favour international grades, such as A-levels and the IB :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 4581
Original post by Marhju
I see, that's a legit source :wink: let's hope it's mostly due to number of applicants and that they might favour international grades, such as A-levels and the IB :smile:

Best of luck. And don't worry about having taken IB. Its a very respected qualification, even Oxbridge accept it.
Reply 4582
Original post by Ess R Kay
Anyone here applied for econ and econ history course? Offers/rejections, etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't applied but I know someone who applied for Econ with Econ History and they received an offer last week.
Reply 4583
Original post by reapplicant
When did you receive the "strong enough" email?
I applied at the same date as you did but only got the acknowledgement and 2 week email. Maybe I'm not strong enough to be considered further haha

I received the two weeks email on 22nd January, and the "your application is strong enough to be considered further, this can take approximately seven weeks " email on 23rd. I don't think it can be considered a good sign, you could even receive an offer on friday! We just have to wait..
I applied for Law, what about you?
Original post by arminb
Best of luck. And don't worry about having taken IB. Its a very respected qualification, even Oxbridge accept it.

I didn't apply with IB but with my German Abitur as an EU applicant. Do they like that too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4585
Original post by meatballhead
I didn't apply with IB but with my German Abitur as an EU applicant. Do they like that too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I honestly don't know. I am just a student like everyone else. :redface:
Reply 4586
Original post by eugenia_
I received the two weeks email on 22nd January, and the "your application is strong enough to be considered further, this can take approximately seven weeks " email on 23rd. I don't think it can be considered a good sign, you could even receive an offer on friday! We just have to wait..
I applied for Law, what about you?

I have gotten the same mail for law&anthropology...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gracelich
Still waiting.....applied on 9th October.

Posted from TSR Mobile

don't worry, didn't see anyone receive any news from History Dep. Would be worse if we'd had!
Original post by puella_optima
don't worry, didn't see anyone receive any news from History Dep. Would be worse if we'd had!

No holding out much hope for hearing back this week lol. I heard of someone who applied on 1st October one year, and got a rejection on 6th May - 2 days before the response deadline for UCAS. Sod's law that will be me this year :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4589
No holding out much hope for hearing back this week lol. I heard of someone who applied on 1st October one year, and got a rejection on 6th May - 2 days before the response deadline for UCAS. Sod's law that will be me this year :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn, that's terrible! I thought UCAS's 31st March deadline for applications before Jan 15 was a rigid one, which the universities had to meet.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by sstt
Damn, that's terrible! I thought UCAS's 31st March deadline for applications before Jan 15 was a rigid one, which the universities had to meet.

Nope. If you look on the track homepage, it says something about the 8th May being the last day for decisions being transferred. Obviously, uni's try to stick to 31st March, but it doesn't always happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4591
Has anyone's final 'strongest in cohort, 4weeks extra till final decision' emails deadline passed yet? Is anyone still waiting for a response after they were due one? Due a response on the 24th Jan but still waiting

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TARIK_
Has anyone's final 'strongest in cohort, 4weeks extra till final decision' emails deadline passed yet? Is anyone still waiting for a response after they were due one? Due a response on the 24th Jan but still waiting

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still waiting for a response. I was due a decision on the 24th too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4593
Still waiting for a response. I was due a decision on the 24th too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did you apply for?

I'm guessing we'll hear back this Friday, last Friday lots of offers and rejections seemed to go out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TARIK_
What did you apply for?

I'm guessing we'll hear back this Friday, last Friday lots of offers and rejections seemed to go out

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for straight History. 99% it will be a rejection....just depends on when they decide to send it lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4PYgoMfX9A&feature=youtu.be hey guys, I made a little presentation for HMD (Im one of my schools Holocaust Educational Trusts ambassadors. Would appreciate it if you had a watch and remember those affected by the Holocaust. Thank you :smile:
Original post by puella_optima
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4PYgoMfX9A&feature=youtu.be hey guys, I made a little presentation for HMD (Im one of my schools Holocaust Educational Trusts ambassadors. Would appreciate it if you had a watch and remember those affected by the Holocaust. Thank you :smile:

I'll watch it, thanks for sharing :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got my offer for BSc Economics L101 and got my CIE (international exam board) grades last friday and I missed my offer by 3% UMS :frown: Im so devastated I dont know what to do :frown: Im going to send it for a remark but apparently theres a low chance of grades going up from a B to an A so yeah my other option is going to UNiversity of Manchester... its a big gap from LSE to Manchester :frown:
Reply 4598
Original post by Ess R Kay
Hows the process been going for you then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied on the 29th of November and got a 7 week e-mail about 6 days after. What about you?
Reply 4599
Original post by james0527
Got my offer for BSc Economics L101 and got my CIE (international exam board) grades last friday and I missed my offer by 3% UMS :frown: Im so devastated I dont know what to do :frown: Im going to send it for a remark but apparently theres a low chance of grades going up from a B to an A so yeah my other option is going to UNiversity of Manchester... its a big gap from LSE to Manchester :frown:

how do you know that they'll reject you? Maybe they will let you in since you just missed it with a little difference.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending