The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7920
Original post by geoking
Because? I gave an argument, youve just made a statement...

You said unquestionable. Where was the argument?
Original post by geoking
Read your opening two sentences. How is that not outrageously sexist?

Makeup has been around for hundreds of years so why has it now become a hinderance? Can you please address that instead of being ****ing rude and just asserting your idea over mine?
Actually its because of girls like you who are insecure and aggressive that girls are confused because make up DOES unquestionably make them look better but you're saying they shouldn't wear it. THAT MAKES NO SENSE. So go you and your message of confusion. Doing a grand job for society deflecting your image issues onto others and not just being truthful.

How about you stop and have an honest conversation with yourself? But lets be realistic, that won't happen for at least a decade.

Why? Because there's something called 'media' which didn't exist hundreds of years ago. Wherever you look, the TV, the Internet, magazines, billboards etcetera, you'll have a picture of a 'beautiful' (but fake) woman's face and body plastered on it, defining what 'real beauty' is. The media has been perpetuating the image that women have to be young, skinny, tall, big-breasted, tight-assed and 'fresh'-faced to be "perfect". But unfortunately, in real life, away from all the photoshopping and enhancing, very few women fit this criteria, so they often undergo expensive and painful cosmetic surgery or cover themselves with make-up in order to try to attain that ideal. Have I finally addressed it? Yes I ****ing have.

If I was so insecure, why would I argue and state that I don't wear make-up most of the time? Surely, according to you, I should be wearing make-up because I am so insecure, no? You're contradicting yourself, it's hilarious. I'm being aggressive because you clearly have no clue what you're saying, so I'm trying to drill it into your incomprehensible brain. I'm also being aggressive because you're being quite abusive by stating that girls only look good with make-up on. Imagine all the other girls who could be reading this and thinking so little of themselves because they don't wear make-up and consider themselves to look fine without it. Guys like you have such high expectations of us, claiming that we only look good when we're looking artificial, obviously I'm going to take this to heart and argue back. Not all girls should have to fall for yours and society's demands. If they feel like they look good without make-up, then they have every right not to wear make-up, it's got absolutely **** all to do with laziness or self-esteem, like you seem to believe. And please, do tell me, where have I said that girls shouldn't wear make-up? Stop trying to twist my words around. And please stop assuming. I never said I was insecure, you're clearly the confused one here. Why would girls be confused over my argument? I'm sorry honey but you're making no sense.

How about you stop and go knock some common sense into that mind of yours? But let's be realistic, that won't happen for at least a decade.

Please don't quote me back. You're arguing a lost cause here, we're derailing the thread and frankly, I'm not interested.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by geoking
Read your opening two sentences. How is that not outrageously sexist?

Makeup has been around for hundreds of years so why has it now become a hinderance? Can you please address that instead of being ****ing rude and just asserting your idea over mine?
Actually its because of girls like you who are insecure and aggressive that girls are confused because make up DOES unquestionably make them look better but you're saying they shouldn't wear it. THAT MAKES NO SENSE. So go you and your message of confusion. Doing a grand job for society deflecting your image issues onto others and not just being truthful.

How about you stop and have an honest conversation with yourself? But lets be realistic, that won't happen for at least a decade.

I agree.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
girls don't "only look good with make up on" but make up is used to enhance what you have naturally which is good if you don't use too much.
girls don't have to wear it, but if they want to let them. live and let live...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7924
Let's not derail the thread.......

Make up or not who cares :smile:
Original post by sbj
You said unquestionable. Where was the argument?

Find me the person who doesn't look better when makeup is applied to them correctly.
Original post by geoking
Find me the person who doesn't look better when makeup is applied to them correctly.

Me. There is absolutely no way to make me look better than I already do.
Original post by euphrosyne
Why? Because there's something called 'media' which didn't exist hundreds of years ago. Wherever you look, the TV, the Internet, magazines, billboards etcetera, you'll have a picture of a 'beautiful' (but fake) woman's face and body plastered on it, defining what 'real beauty' is. The media has been perpetuating the image that women have to be young, skinny, tall, big-breasted, tight-assed and 'fresh'-faced to be "perfect". But unfortunately, in real life, away from all the photoshopping and enhancing, very few women fit this criteria, so they often undergo expensive and painful cosmetic surgery or cover themselves with make-up in order to try to attain that ideal. Have I finally addressed it? Yes I ****ing have.

If I was so insecure, why would I argue and state that I don't wear make-up most of the time? Surely, according to you, I should be wearing make-up because I am so insecure, no? You're contradicting yourself, it's hilarious. I'm being aggressive because you clearly have no clue what you're saying, so I'm trying to drill it into your incomprehensible brain. I'm also being aggressive because you're being quite abusive by stating that girls only look good with make-up on. Imagine all the other girls who could be reading this and thinking so little of themselves because they don't wear make-up and consider themselves to look fine without it. Guys like you have such high expectations of us, claiming that we only look good when we're looking artificial, obviously I'm going to take this to heart and argue back. Not all girls should have to fall for yours and society's demands. If they feel like they look good without make-up, then they have every right not to wear make-up, it's got absolutely **** all to do with laziness or self-esteem, like you seem to believe. And please, do tell me, where have I said that girls shouldn't wear make-up? Stop trying to twist my words around. And please stop assuming. I never said I was insecure, you're clearly the confused one here. Why would girls be confused over my argument? I'm sorry honey but you're making no sense.

How about you stop and go knock some common sense into that mind of yours? But let's be realistic, that won't happen for at least a decade.

Please don't quote me back. You're arguing a lost cause here, we're derailing the thread and frankly, I'm not interested.

You do realise that getting angry at someone who doesn't share your views makes you a bigot? So far you've been sexist and a bigot, and you wonder why I then say you are insecure? Be glad I didn't just label you as a vile human being.

Fake women? What? Make up doesn't make them fake, it means they are wearing make up...Does using hair products mean my hair is fake? Stop regurgitating extreme feminist garbage. Beauty has also been shown not to be something created by the media but down to a subconscious genetic level - average features show good genes and are also labelled as attractive features.
Of course few women are going to match up to super models, hence why they are called supermodels and not "average women", just as all guys realise they aren't going to be 6ft+ with a chiselled jaw and 8 pack. But that comes down to you being secure in who you are and what you have been given at birth rather than screaming at everyone who is better looking than you and pretending they don't exist. Clearly you have a hard time accepting you for yourself and are endlessly comparing yourself to the unobtainable, hence why the media makes you feel insecure. That's your fault, not the media's fault.

You're only being aggressive because you clearly have issues and this is touching a sore spot. Deal with your insecurities instead of taking them out on a stranger.

Those who aren't wearing make up as I said are just being lazy. As we've agreed, everyone wants to look good, therefore it only makes sense to wear make up. It's about looking the best you can for yourself something you still haven't figured out. I don't have high expectations of women other then expecting them to self-reflect on their actions every so often, and as the above shows, if you like looking good (who doesn't?!) you'll wear makeup. This has literally nothing to do with what I want a woman to look like, or anything to do with society, it's to do with you yourself wanting to look good for you, yourself. Stop making excuses and figure out why you are choosing not to look your best for yourself.
Original post by uktotalgamer
Me. There is absolutely no way to make me look better than I already do.

Jeez, how ugly are you then?
Original post by DirtyHarry01
Jeez, how ugly are you then?

Aren't you a clever lad!
Reply 7930
Original post by geoking

I see every day a lot of women. Which one should I pick?

Or let's use this thread. I went to the first page of this thread to see when I will find one. And on page 2 I already found one woman (hope this is not embarassing for her).

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2306898&page=2&p=42048773#post42048773

I could go on and show you just from here many women who are perfect. No make up of world could make this woman more beautiful then she is already.
To fake your appearance with some colors won't help you to make you look better because you already see that this is fake. How can you call something fake better than the original one?
I have never heard that a fake illustration is more worth than its original.
Fake is fake. But your sick view of beauty is telling you something different.

This is the makeup of the 80s.

Do you find this beautiful? Better then the original?
I guess not. But back at that time everybody looked like that because this was their view of beauty. All women claimed at that time make up makes you look better. Now after 30 years I guess you will laugh at them.
And today this is like that. After 30 years you will laugh about the looks of this time. Because again you will change your view of beauty. You just go along what the mainstream tells you what is beautiful. Now you can not differentiate it. Your subconsious tells you today a woman must have makeup to look better. But this kind of makeup, right?
But how about the 80s? Exactly the same thing. What happened? You let your mind control from the mainstream culture and you think this is beauty. No, it is not.
It is like music. Today you say House music is good. After 30 years you will understand what kind of crap it was.

Try to look behind the scenes. Fake is fake.
(edited 10 years ago)
I reckon some people on here are in dire need of some clearasil.
Original post by Black Cat
Let's not derail the thread.......

Make up or not who cares :smile:

This :facepalm2:

Guys, make a new thread about makeup. Gawddamn.
Reply 7933
Original post by Precious Illusions
This :facepalm2:

Guys, make a new thread about makeup. Gawddamn.

Yeah, Precious Illusions is trying to scout the talent. :tongue:
Original post by MJ1012
Yeah, Precious Illusions is trying to scout the talent. :tongue:

It's difficult to stalk when users insist on writing essays about makeup. :sigh:
i loooooooooove make up happy thread happy thread

excuse the hair just about to make it all fab for going out :smile:

Spoiler

Original post by euphrosyne

Fight fight fight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OOOOOOOOOOO
Reply 7937
It's difficult to stalk when users insist on writing essays about makeup. :sigh:

Exactly, it's disrupting my vigorous masturbation.

too far? :K:
Original post by MJ1012
Exactly, it's disrupting my vigorous masturbation.

too far? :K:

Not far enough.
Reply 7939
Not far enough.

It actually hit my ceiling, so I'm pretty happy with the results.

Latest