The Student Room Group

How to revise case study's?

For geography GCSE what is the best way to revise case study's?
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Original post by cnstudy
For geography GCSE what is the best way to revise case study's?

it really depends on your learning style but what really worked for me was to back fact sheets for each topic with all the case studies for each topic. the fact sheets included things like location/general facts, short term and long term effects, short term and long term responses, management etc. i made then after each topic was learnt at school. then when it came to revising i wrote each case study out as a series of bullet points and highlighted the key words then i typed them up as a word document. remember though you don't need to know every statistic precisely, the numbers (e.g. number of deaths) can be made up to a certain extent as long as the number you state is realistic, but to make it easier roundup any numbers to a more memorable number.
hope this helps
Best thing to do is remember the key points, in reality you can only remember 7 things easily. so remember 7 important things of the case study.
Reply 4
I'm also struggling. You could try writing it over and over again, or pretend you're explaining it to someone else.
Reply 5
What I did was fairly simple, get a copy of the sheet or a booklet from a teacher perhaps. if not get a book with the information you need and I simply highlighted the parts I needed to remember. And for case studies you don't need to know everything about the place just a few key points. Remember P.S.I (Place Specific Information)
Reply 6
create a poster for each case study, (i know this is a lot...) including all the important points (eg location, date, responses, extra info etc) and put them up in your room so you look at them everyday :smile:

hope this helps x

Quick Reply

Latest