The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

does middlesex university say this to everyone who gets an offer?

i received an email and it says this:

Good news! We’re delighted to say that we think you’re great. So great, in fact, that we’ve made you an official offer to study with us. Congratulations. The tutors were very impressed by your application you’re just the person we’re looking for at Middlesex.

do they say this to everyone who receives an offer? i am not sure whether to take it as patronizing or a good thing
Original post by TheGameOfScience
do they say this to everyone who receives an offer? i am not sure whether to take it as patronizing or a good thing

It is a bit patronising, isn't it. :laugh:
Original post by RamocitoMorales
It is a bit patronising, isn't it. :laugh:

i know looooool!! was my application that bad that they patronised me and offered me in pity... actually i think its because i mentioned that i help and teach kids with science *facepalm* i now hate middlesex uni, defo not putting that as my firm or insurance:mad: can i ask u a question? how would you feel about that or do next if they or another uni sent that to you?:frown:
Original post by lNurl
My dear friends

No more exams and 12 days of freedom. :bigsmile:

What are you doing for a celebration? :tongue:

does middlesex university say this to everyone who gets an offer?

i received an email and it says this:

Good news! We’re delighted to say that we think you’re great. So great, in fact, that we’ve made you an official offer to study with us. Congratulations. The tutors were very impressed by your application you’re just the person we’re looking for at Middlesex.

I like Middlesex. :moon:
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
What are you doing for a celebration? :tongue:

I like Middlesex. :moon:

ozur dilerim, anlamadım,why do you like middlesex?:biggrin: i feel like middlesex just mugged me off they so patronizing i am defo not firming it!!!
ozur dilerim, anlamadım,why do you like middlesex?:biggrin: i feel like middlesex just mugged me off they so patronizing i am defo not firming it!!!

Turkish middlesex party guys are pretty entertaining :colondollar:
Turkish middlesex party guys are pretty entertaining :colondollar:

Loooooool my cousin graduated from middlesex last year so i guess he is part of that :wink::biggrin:
Reply 3147
What are you doing for a celebration :

Cleaning the house, how fun can it be ! :frown: we gonna have guests at this weekend :smile:
arghhh damnit :frown: i am in a2 and my exam boards are psych chem- AQA and biology- OCR, if you are doing aqa A spec in psych i can give you some full ums notes for unit 1, that i got from a thread and a great person called nm786 sent me:biggrin:

Could you please send me those notes? would be so so helpful. Sorry to gatecrash this thread, but i am Turkish :colondollar:
Hi guys :hi: half turk half cypriot here
Original post by rosewater1
Could you please send me those notes? would be so so helpful. Sorry to gatecrash this thread, but i am Turkish :colondollar:

:huff:

You only come to us when you need us.

I'm a new member! and no i'm here for you lovely lot :tongue:

helloo i am half cypriot myself:biggrin: sure i'll send u the notes, what other a levels are you doing?

loooooooooooooool
helloo i am half cypriot myself:biggrin: sure i'll send u the notes, what other a levels are you doing?

Thank you! half cypriots FTW :five: biology, maths, chemistry and general studies :smile:
Thank you! half cypriots FTW :five: biology, maths, chemistry and general studies :smile:

YES!!! LOOOL woah thats a lot so u do psy on top of that which equates to like 5 a levels :O i also do chem and bio, absolutely love chem and bio so much, one day i am always think i like chem better other days i always think i like bio better lol
YES!!! LOOOL woah thats a lot so u do psy on top of that which equates to like 5 a levels :O i also do chem and bio, absolutely love chem and bio so much, one day i am always think i like chem better other days i always think i like bio better lol

But i dont do anything for general studies, have read some pages out of the book and i dont get it :tongue: im scared of burning stuff and mixing things so im not a huge fan of the practicals in chemistry :wink:
But i dont do anything for general studies, have read some pages out of the book and i dont get it :tongue: im scared of burning stuff and mixing things so im not a huge fan of the practicals in chemistry :wink:

ohhh LOOL i can understand that, but i think thats one of the best parts of chemistry its the only science and subject where you can blow stuff up its so amazing and chemistry is everywhere gases even hitting our faces whilst we type our messages on the keyboard also made of plastic, such an amazing science, although i chose to study biology instead :tongue: i never did a level maths or physics so i would struggle with chem at degree level although i enjoy it so much, but biology is also interesting as well and its where science truly started for mee:biggrin:... lol sorry i kind of blabbed on here *facepalm* sorry
ohhh LOOL i can understand that, but i think thats one of the best parts of chemistry its the only science and subject where you can blow stuff up its so amazing and chemistry is everywhere gases even hitting our faces whilst we type our messages on the keyboard also made of plastic, such an amazing science, although i chose to study biology instead :tongue: i never did a level maths or physics so i would struggle with chem at degree level although i enjoy it so much, but biology is also interesting as well and its where science truly started for mee:biggrin:... lol sorry i kind of blabbed on here *facepalm* sorry

At least you probably dont spill things twice during your practical assessment :wink: surely they'll teach you the maths you need for your chemistry degree? you probably dont need maths, i dont think differentiating the equation of a curve will be completely necessary for chemistry :smile:
At least you probably dont spill things twice during your practical assessment :wink: surely they'll teach you the maths you need for your chemistry degree? you probably dont need maths, i dont think differentiating the equation of a curve will be completely necessary for chemistry :smile:

looooooool aha true they will teach you the maths but at the time i didnt think i will be able to handle it and its a lot more complex maths like vectors, co-ordinates differentiation , calculus, statistic, angles (but a complex version) including quite a lot of maths from physics a levels plus maths was never my strong suit despite my interest for science, but i should have trusted myself, i mean after all it is just practice right?although its too late now for me to change :frown: but i might either go through clearing and get into a uni that does chemistry or just switch pure biology for biochemistry since all of the universities i have applied for don't do chemistry for some reason. well one of them does i think lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending