The Student Room Group

Student finance eligibility etc.

Hello all,

Basically, I have a few questions about student finance etc. and would appreciate it if anyone could provide me with some answers?

If I do not have a 'settled status' but definite leave to remain (3 years) and have a non-EU passport, am I eligible for a tuition fee loan?
Is everyone entitled to the entire £9,000 tuition fee loan regardless of household income?
Also, is it true that if you do a dentistry degree at the end of your five years you can apply for the NHS to pay all your loans?

If I have questions about student finance who is the correct person to ask?

Thank you very much!!!
Hi,

If you have Limited Leave to Remain (LLR) you are ineligible to receive support from Student Finance England, unless LLR is granted on Humanitarian Protection grounds for example: refugee status.

If you are deemed eligible for funding, then regardless of your household income, you would be eligible for up to £9000 of Tuition Fee Loan.

Regarding the NHS paying all your loans, speak to the NHS directly. Their contact details can be found at - http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/students

We are happy to help with any student finance questions you may have.

Thank you.
Reply 2
Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Hi,

If you have Limited Leave to Remain (LLR) you are ineligible to receive support from Student Finance England, unless LLR is granted on Humanitarian Protection grounds for example: refugee status.

If you are deemed eligible for funding, then regardless of your household income, you would be eligible for up to £9000 of Tuition Fee Loan.

Regarding the NHS paying all your loans, speak to the NHS directly. Their contact details can be found at - http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/students

We are happy to help with any student finance questions you may have.

Thank you.

Thank you, does that mean I would also be ineligible for maintenance loans and grants? Also, would I pay the normal £9000 or the fees of an international student?
hi, if u r settled in uk. that is, have indefinite leave to remain in uk but have not stayed up to 3 years. would you be eligible for student finance. basically my problem is that am in my final year of my study and been funding myself but could not meet up with the funding in my final year which is £9900 i can only afford half of it and only need like 5k to finish this year. is there any help?

Quick Reply

Latest