The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thatitootoo
Hervorragend!! :h:

Ich weiß, dass ich weinen werde! Ich liebe ihn!
^^ Ja, das ist selbstverständlich :wink:
AQUISMO MAG MICH NICHT MEHR
Aber wieso? :frown:
Reply 9903
*Read in German accent*
Kiss him troo zee phone

German, or Jamaican? :tongue:
Original post by Ronove
German, or Jamaican? :tongue:

LOL This is TOOTOO speak !! xD

I've recently been corrected by my German teacher on my pronunciation of "durfen"
I used to say it likem dOOrfen but I've now toned it down a bit! :tongue:
^^ Ja, das ist selbstverständlich :wink:

Hating life at the moment-mein Handy funktioniert nicht, also kann ich WeChat nicht benutzen! Ohne FB ist es unmöglich etwas zu organisieren! Macht mir so traurig! :cry2: My friend's good with phones so hopefully he'll be able to fix it.
Original post by super_kawaii
Hating life at the moment-mein Handy funktioniert nicht, also kann ich WeChat nicht benutzen! Ohne FB ist es unmöglich etwas zu organisieren! Macht mir so traurig! :cry2: My friend's good with phones so hopefully he'll be able to fix it.

O dear!
Ich hoffe auch, daas er es reaparieren könnte!

If your luck does not turn around pretty soon... there might be a new "super river" overflowing the entire stretch of China, before this thread reaches 10K posts! :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9907
[QUOTE="thatitootoo;46124700"]
Original post by AquisM

Nin hao, Aquismo :hi:

How is the imperial race to Imperial College working out?? :cool:

Are you the only one who applied there in your current school? I was just wondering...And are any of your friends from Hong Kong applying to Priceston/Harvard/Yale and the like?

I always wondered how Oxbridge compares to Ivy League from a neutral perspective :tongue:

Haha I didn't apply to Imperial. Their requirements are ridiculously high. I do know a few people who have and got offers in my school.

A lot of people applied for Ivies this year. USA is becoming increasingly popular, at least at my school. If you want a neutral perspective, I'm not the person to ask. :tongue: I'm strongly pro UK.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AquisM

Haha I didn't apply to Imperial. Their requirements are ridiculously high. I do know a few people who have and got offers in my school.

A lot of people applied for Ivies this year. USA is becoming increasingly popular, at least at my school. If you want a neutral perspective, I'm not the person to ask. :tongue: I'm strongly pro UK.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aquismo has spoken! :wink:

Oh really :redface: I seem to remember you having an interview in London a couple of weeks ago? Was it Kings or UCL? Or am I just imagining events on TSR? :tongue:

That's really interesting. I would have thought the IB would practically be a link to UK universities (despite having the word 'international' in it)
Do these people still have to take the SAT and such?

Oh and do you have your offers yet? :fishing:
O dear!
Ich hoffe auch, daas er es reaparieren könnte!

If your luck does not turn around pretty soon... there might be a new "super river" overflowing the entire stretch of China, before this thread reaches 10K posts! :wink:

He said I've just run out of data and should have it back at the start of the month. :woo:

Ja, dies Thread wird bald gelockt! Who'll start the new one?
He said I've just run out of data and should have it back at the start of the month. :woo:

Ja, dies Thread wird bald gelockt! Who'll start the new one?

Woooo! No floods :tongue:

I think zee Fish should start another one, for he is the one who brought us aspiring-polyglots together
and brought life to the Foreign Languages section des TSRs :wink:
Woooo! No floods :tongue:

I think zee Fish should start another one, for he is the one who brought us aspiring-polyglots together
and brought life to the Foreign Languages section des TSRs :wink:

Under 100 posts until it's locked! I hope fish quotes us all!
Under 100 posts until it's locked! I hope fish quotes us all!

Suggestion on how to close the thread (the last page)

:fuhrer:

1) "Goodbye, it's been a pleasure" in ONE language of your choice.
2) Find a poorly worded quote of yourself to correct. (hindsight FTW) :wink:
3) Pay no attention to the former suggestions of that silly thatitootoo, and let things just happen' :wink:
Reply 9913
Aquismo has spoken! :wink:

Oh really :redface: I seem to remember you having an interview in London a couple of weeks ago? Was it Kings or UCL? Or am I just imagining events on TSR? :tongue:

That's really interesting. I would have thought the IB would practically be a link to UK universities (despite having the word 'international' in it)
Do these people still have to take the SAT and such?

Oh and do you have your offers yet? :fishing:

HAHAHA Yeah sorry for the late reply, I had to revise for mocks and my internet was very bad for the past week. Got it fixed now.

LOL I had an interview more than a month ago at Cambridge (which has lower requirements than Imperial.... :O) So no you're not losing your mind.

Well, not really. IB is truly international, as it is becoming more and more popular in Hong Kong, UK and to an extent the US. It is massively undervalued in the States, much more than it is in the UK, but still many universities respect it. Stanford (which I applied to) gives a decent amount of credits for the IB Diploma. Yes, we have to take SATs as well (a pain when you have uni apps and various other things to finish).

Yeah, I've just heard from UCL today, so that means I've got offers from all my unis (UCL, Manchester, Newcastle and Sheffield) except Cambridge. Now I can finally relax. :P
Original post by AquisM
HAHAHA Yeah sorry for the late reply, I had to revise for mocks and my internet was very bad for the past week. Got it fixed now.

LOL I had an interview more than a month ago at Cambridge (which has lower requirements than Imperial.... :O) So no you're not losing your mind.

Well, not really. IB is truly international, as it is becoming more and more popular in Hong Kong, UK and to an extent the US. It is massively undervalued in the States, much more than it is in the UK, but still many universities respect it. Stanford (which I applied to) gives a decent amount of credits for the IB Diploma. Yes, we have to take SATs as well (a pain when you have uni apps and various other things to finish).

Yeah, I've just heard from UCL today, so that means I've got offers from all my unis (UCL, Manchester, Newcastle and Sheffield) except Cambridge. Now I can finally relax. :P

:eek: Sounds like you've had a hectic few weeks! ¡Felicidades on getting your offers from those other impressive institutions! :tongue:

I've been PRSOM'd (I seriously need to venture out of this thread and go rep some other members!)
But I truly appreciate your insight :biggrin:
Reply 9915
:eek: Sounds like you've had a hectic few weeks! ¡Felicidades on getting your offers from those other impressive institutions! :tongue:

I've been PRSOM'd (I seriously need to venture out of this thread and go rep some other members!)
But I truly appreciate your insight :biggrin:

Dank je! (Hope Google Translate was right there. :P) I hope all that helped you. :biggrin:
私と話してほうし???頑張って!
Original post by AquisM
Dank je! (Hope Google Translate was right there. :P) I hope all that helped you. :biggrin:

Just when you thought you've seen it all'
You receive a quote in which Aquismo accurately uses Dutch!
:rofl:

Hmmm I guess a good general knowledge of the education system is just useful :tongue: Besides, it might come in handy if I decide to fast-track a Sociology A-level next year! (There is an entire 'Education' unit) :ahee:
Reply 9918
Just when you thought you've seen it all'
You receive a quote in which Aquismo accurately uses Dutch!
:rofl:

Hmmm I guess a good general knowledge of the education system is just useful :tongue: Besides, it might come in handy if I decide to fast-track a Sociology A-level next year! (There is an entire 'Education' unit) :ahee:

HAHAHA Thank God for Google. :P

Ah I see. Well if you do, good luck! Even if you don't, good luck with your studies! :biggrin:
Original post by AquisM
HAHAHA Thank God for Google. :P

Ah I see. Well if you do, good luck! Even if you don't, good luck with your studies! :biggrin:

Yesh.

MUCHAS GRACIAS!
Good luck to you too; I'm sure your firm uni will snap you up like a fortune cookie! :wink: :grin:

Latest

Trending

Trending