The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Umme
Really?? I'm for secondary biology. U? Yeh good luck to both of us. Worried about this presentation :/. Hopefully both go well for you :smile:

Modern Foreign Languages. :smile: I am bit nervous and a bit excited. :tongue:
Just had an offer for secondary English from Durham university! So excited! Just firmed it :biggrin:

Any one else going?

Is there a facebook group out there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dannyfinn5
I've applied to Loughborough, Edge hill and Strathclyde to do a Secondary pgce in Physical Education. Just wondering if anybody is doing the same and heard anything back yet as I'm getting a bit worried.
Thanks
Danny

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for edgehill just before Christmas for a Post Compulsory PGCE. I have my interview next week. I heard from them about two weeks after the christmas break. Might be worth emailing them. That being said, I have not found the college particulary quick with regards to communication, so you may be waiting a while for a response.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5243
wooo i got an offer from UEL my first choice, i just need to pass the literacy part of the skills test. im debating whether to go to my greenwich interview this friday.
Hi Guys
I have applied for a primary PGCE with Brighton as my first choice.
I have been called for an interview at the end of February.
Is there a Facebook group for Brighton PGCE starting in 2014?
I would be interested to hear from other Brighton applicants, has anyone already had their interview? How was it?
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Kieran
Reply 5245
hi has anyone had or are going to an interview for SCHOOLS DIRECT with EDGE HILL being the university? i have one on wed at the KNUTSFORD ACADEMY and was wondering how anyone has found it. mine is for SECONDARY PSYCHOLOGY.. any help would be amazing thank you :smile::smile:
Omg! I got into the IOE!!!!

:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5247
Congratulations!!!! Which course?
Reply 5248
So I'm unbelievably frustrated right now. Applied for a PGCE in Secondary English, which I understand is an already highly competitive course for places as it is. I'm still waiting on references after submitting my application over 3 weeks ago. I got a very good reference from the teacher whose school I run an after school club in, however I am still awaiting my Uni tutors!

I have been pestering her all week. I went to her on Monday; "I'll do this today." Went to her yesterday "Yes, I'm just doing it now." It's reaching midday now, and nothing. I have explained to her that I've been told most courses fill up at the end of January at the latest. I'm being polite as possible, but it's getting me nowhere. I am basically helpless since she is the only tutor that really knows me personally and since I'm still at University I have to give an academic reference. I applied late in the year as it is, and now I've pretty much resigned myself to not getting a place. I may not have even if my reference had got in on time, but it certainly doesn't help.
Reply 5249
Original post by Esmeralda4
Don't say that! Stay positive!!

This may seem random...but did you receive an email from trent saying that you had an interview?or did you have to wait for the letter with all the details on?
I had an interview this week and wanted to know is it ever a good idea to email the course leader to see if he has made a decision.
Original post by MS90
This may seem random...but did you receive an email from trent saying that you had an interview?or did you have to wait for the letter with all the details on?

I found out about my interview via post, no email or track update.
Reply 5252
So any advice on what I should do?

Also, whilst your waiting for references does UCAS inform you if a course has closed application?
Reply 5253
I found out about my interview via post, no email or track update.

Yeah i assumed so!has your track updated yet?ive still had no email or track update...not looking good haha!
To DJ1993... Phone won't let me quote today :s

Not sure on advice to give you, but I do know that if a course closes before you get references completed, it will show on your choices page of application and presumably you won't be able to submit until you change that choice. It's unlikely you'd get an email or anything from ucas, but it should show on your application!

Hopefully it all comes together for you soon! Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by DJ1993
So any advice on what I should do?

Also, whilst your waiting for references does UCAS inform you if a course has closed application?

I would be totally honest with your referee, and tell them that it is vital you get your application in today. If they still don't have it done by the end of the day, ask someone else to do it, but make sure that they can complete it within two days maximum. You don't have to have someone who knows you well for your academic reference. Mine was my course leader who doesn't even know who I am. They just have to provide evidence that you can cope with the academic demands of the course (which they can tell from your records). I did that and got interviews to all three. At this stage, I would prioritise getting your application submitted over the quality of your references. As you will know, courses are closing right now and the next one could be your choice! I waited two weeks for my reference and was a nervous wreck, so I know how you feel. Good luck.
I submitted my application for primary two and a half weeks ago and still have not heard anything from Reading - should I contact them? Is this an unusual amount of time to wait? I've heard from my other choices :s-smilie:
Reply 5257
Gaaaaah...didnt get into my chosen pgce course!!gutted!i am now in the tough situation of attempting to go through apply 2 or waiting another year!!hmmmm tough decision :/
Original post by MS90
Gaaaaah...didnt get into my chosen pgce course!!gutted!i am now in the tough situation of attempting to go through apply 2 or waiting another year!!hmmmm tough decision :/

Apply 2 can't hurt so I'd go for it!
Will you be getting feedback? That will help with your decision as to whether you're ready to apply again now or if you need the year to improve your application/interview skills etc.
Reply 5259
Apply 2 can't hurt so I'd go for it!
Will you be getting feedback? That will help with your decision as to whether you're ready to apply again now or if you need the year to improve your application/interview skills etc.

I dont think they give feedback...they said on our interview pack they dont give it cos of how many applicants they have...hmm...tough decision!

Latest

Trending

Trending