The Student Room Group

Why did she call me ignorant on text?

I met a girl last Saturday night, had a good chat, she's single.. so get her number.. and I text her few days later " Hey, why dont you come over to mine this week?" she replied "Hi ignorant, cant this week, I'm really busy but maybe next week? What does that mean???/ You here that dating is dead, and have cut to chase so what did I do wrong, shes 19 by the way (dont know if thats makes any difference!!!
Reply 1
Read the text you sent her... sounds like you want sex, that's what you did wrong and she rightly called you out on it.
You need to ask her on a date, not just round yours eek.
Original post by tehFrance
Read the text you sent her... sounds like you want sex, that's what you did wrong and she rightly called you out on it.

Original post by Amandablanks
You need to ask her on a date, not just round yours eek.

Nonsense. Why would she suggest 'maybe next week?'.

OP it looks like an auto correct typo. Otherwise I don't know, maybe based on events or information that we don't know about.
Looks like an auto correct thing. Text her back, ask what's up. It's amazing how many things communication solves.
Reply 5
Either match it or ignore it.

match it = "He arrogant, hopefully I'm free next week :P" <Double standard text, call her arrogant, then be arrogant. cheeeeeeeky.

ignore it = You don't give a **** she called you ignorant. Who cares anyway?

or like someone else said it could be autocorrect. Personally I'd ignore it as I like to set my mind to that when it comes to this sort of thing.
Reply 6
Original post by ldha
I met a girl last Saturday night, had a good chat, she's single.. so get her number.. and I text her few days later " Hey, why dont you come over to mine this week?" she replied "Hi ignorant, cant this week, I'm really busy but maybe next week? What does that mean???/ You here that dating is dead, and have cut to chase so what did I do wrong, shes 19 by the way (dont know if thats makes any difference!!!

I imagine from the structure of the message it was probably autocorrect

She probably meant to typ your name or 'I'm afraid' or something
Original post by thatrollingstone
Nonsense. Why would she suggest 'maybe next week?'.

OP it looks like an auto correct typo. Otherwise I don't know, maybe based on events or information that we don't know about.

Could be. But I'd be annoyed if a guy asked me straight round his.
Reply 8
I'd happily put a few bob on it being an autocorrect issue.
Original post by Wattsy
I'd happily put a few bob on it being an autocorrect issue.

Yeah it might be. Surprised she didn't correct herself though like' oh sorry I meant...'
Reply 10
Reminds me of the time a colleague's Professional email autocorrected the name of the addressee to "Hermit"...
Reply 11
Original post by Katie_p
Reminds me of the time a colleague's Professional email autocorrected the name of the addressee to "Hermit"...

I was wrong, it turned out, that she text me over the weekend, I had my phone off so didnt get text, in fact shes coming over tonight... haha
Reply 12
Original post by ldha
I was wrong, it turned out, that she text me over the weekend, I had my phone off so didnt get text, in fact shes coming over tonight... haha

Never turn your phone off!!!! :headfire:

At least it turned out well though
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending