The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by twisted
is it just me or is C2 very boring

Just you lol. :tongue:
Reply 8361
Mock results today, pretty interesting. Think just about everyone cocked up the chemistry, or it was really harshly marked :lol:
Original post by Tibbz2
Mock results today, pretty interesting. Think just about everyone cocked up the chemistry, or it was really harshly marked :lol:

I scraped a B in chem, they are very harshly marked :redface:
Reply 8363
Original post by L'Evil Fish

Highest mark in our year was in the B boundary! I got an E :tongue: Did spend most my time drawing Walter White so I probably deserve it :lol:

Got an A in Maths/Physics so either I'm okay at them or they're just marked very leniently!

How did you do in everything else?
Original post by Tibbz2
Highest mark in our year was in the B boundary! I got an E :tongue: Did spend most my time drawing Walter White so I probably deserve it :lol:

Got an A in Maths/Physics so either I'm okay at them or they're just marked very leniently!

How did you do in everything else?

Yikes! Our year was the same but highest was an A :tongue:

Well done :biggrin: I scraped an A in bio, and French and Physics were full UMS I think :biggrin:

Is chem ocr a?
Reply 8365
Yikes! Our year was the same but highest was an A :tongue:

Well done :biggrin: I scraped an A in bio, and French and Physics were full UMS I think :biggrin:

Is chem ocr a?

Wow, well done! :eek::biggrin:

We haven't got the actual marks for Mechanics/Physics yet :frown: Got 97% on the C1/C2 paper though which I was happy with, doubt I did anywhere as good as that on Mechanics or Physics though :tongue:

OCR A for chem yes
Reply 8366

oh why were they harshly marked ? example ?

and which unit is this :smile:
Reply 8367
My mock results are as follows ( realising there aren't many results :lol: )

Bio 1 .... A
Chem 1 .... not marked yet
Physics 1 ... not completed yet
C1 .... sit on friday
M1 sit next friday

i also have a quantitative ISA (biology) next week :frown:

On the bright side i received this email earlier (about medical work experience) :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :eek: :eek:

Happy to supervise you,

Pls contact medical personnel with a copy of this email and get ‘clearance’

You can watch + ask questions but will not be allowed to do any practical procedures / be directly involved in patient care.

Ben Kumar
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Tibbz2
Wow, well done! :eek::biggrin:

We haven't got the actual marks for Mechanics/Physics yet :frown: Got 97% on the C1/C2 paper though which I was happy with, doubt I did anywhere as good as that on Mechanics or Physics though :tongue:

OCR A for chem yes

Woah, well gone :biggrin:

Their Mark schemes are so annoying

Original post by techno836
oh why were they harshly marked ? example ?

and which unit is this :smile:

f321 like saying an element is oxidized and reduce simultaneously in a reaction, and then giving changes is

1/3 marks

You have to say

Ox/red simultaneously
'Change one' oxidation
'Change 2' reduction

For the marks
Reply 8369

Woah, well gone :biggrin:

Their Mark schemes are so annoying

f321 like saying an element is oxidized and reduce simultaneously in a reaction, and then giving changes is

1/3 marks

You have to say

Ox/red simultaneously
'Change one' oxidation
'Change 2' reduction

For the marks

ahhh so like Cl is both oxidised and reduced as it changes from 0 to -1 oxidation state in HCl and changes from 0 to +7 oxidation state in compound x (couldn't remember name :lol: )
Went to Southampton uni today on an EPQ research trip :biggrin:
Also my mocks start on the 10th of February :colondollar: :biggrin:
Reply 8371
Who is doing an EPQ as well here? First talk of ours were today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ahhh so like Cl is both oxidised and reduced as it changes from 0 to -1 oxidation state in HCl and changes from 0 to +7 oxidation state in compound x (couldn't remember name :lol: )

No!!! That gets 1/3 still!!

You'd have to say:

Reaction is a disproportionation reaction because Cl is both oxidized (0 to +7) and reduced (0 to -1) simultaneously.
Reply 8373
No!!! That gets 1/3 still!!

You'd have to say:

Reaction is a disproportionation reaction because Cl is both oxidized (0 to +7) and reduced (0 to -1) simultaneously.

oh .... so i lose 2 marks for not putting simultaneously :O .... Damn , well i won't be losing them 2 marks anymore ;D
oh .... so i lose 2 marks for not putting simultaneously :O .... Damn , well i won't be losing them 2 marks anymore ;D

not just that, you need to write what the oxidation is exactly and reduction too!
Reply 8375
not just that, you need to write what the oxidation is exactly and reduction too!

ohh yeah :L i normally do that one, it's strange how much i remember when you put an exam in front of me :lol: ...
ohh yeah :L i normally do that one, it's strange how much i remember when you put an exam in front of me :lol: ...

it's annoying though, because you know the answer but Mark scheme wants an exact way
Reply 8377
it's annoying though, because you know the answer but Mark scheme wants an exact way

true :frown:

in biology there was a 1 marker asking what else is transported in the xylem besides water ... you had to put mineral ions, not just ions..

and a very common mistake is putting cell membrane instead of cell surface membrane
true :frown:

in biology there was a 1 marker asking what else is transported in the xylem besides water ... you had to put mineral ions, not just ions..

and a very common mistake is putting cell membrane instead of cell surface membrane

That first ones fair enough though :tongue:

My bio. She said your answers are right but they're not on the markschemes... :colonhash:
Ngggggghhhhhhh, I made so many stupid mistakes in my chemistry test today! But on the bright side there was a long question on iodine-thiosulfate titrations, which I think I did okay on *fingers crossed*

Latest