The Student Room Group

PLEASE HELP - Poor exam technique - Send me A grade AS Level History essays please!

Please please please. I'm doing WJEC AS Level Britain 1906 - 1950 and Nazi Germany. However, I honestly don't care if you are not doing my course or exam board. I just need to see essays of A grade quality because I just can't seem to get the exam technique right and think reading A grade essays will help a lot. I'm tearing myself apart here honestly at rock bottom please help!

Preferably high A grades. However any A is fine.

PM me please. Thank you so so so so much to those who do!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by cookieesxo
Please please please. I'm doing WJEC AS Level Britain 1906 - 1950 and Nazi Germany. However, I honestly don't care if you are not doing my course or exam board. I just need to see essays of A grade quality because I just can't seem to get the exam technique right and think reading A grade essays will help a lot. I'm tearing myself apart here honestly at rock bottom please help!

Preferably high A grades. However any A is fine.

PM me please. Thank you so so so so much to those who do! Will +rep for as long as TSR will allow! Thank you!

I could send you one, but it'll be completely irrelevant to your course. As long as you don't mind, I'll happily do it :smile: (it's on Stalin's Russia, I did it last year and it got me 29/30) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did that last year, no essays though sorry!
Reply 3
Original post by Lucy96
I could send you one, but it'll be completely irrelevant to your course. As long as you don't mind, I'll happily do it :smile: (it's on Stalin's Russia, I did it last year and it got me 29/30) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That would mean a lot :smile: Thank you so much! The course doesn't bother me much I just need to analyse the writing style really. Thank you!
Original post by cookieesxo
That would mean a lot :smile: Thank you so much! The course doesn't bother me much I just need to analyse the writing style really. Thank you!

You're welcome :biggrin: if you need any further advice on structure, I'll try and help as best as I can. I'm currently doing A2 History which includes Nazi Germany, so if you get stuck, don't hesitate to ask! (Sadly I don't have an essay though) good good :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Here's mine:

Hitler was a douchebag.

Is this the kind of thing? :wink:
Reply 6
I did similar courses well pretty much the same but the difference being our board was AQA. scored 88 and 92 in both papers. I can see if I have any essays for you, I should have some revision notes however if you would like them
Reply 7
Original post by Lucy96
You're welcome :biggrin: if you need any further advice on structure, I'll try and help as best as I can. I'm currently doing A2 History which includes Nazi Germany, so if you get stuck, don't hesitate to ask! (Sadly I don't have an essay though) good good :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so so so much! You are amazing!
Reply 8
Original post by Ciranore
I did similar courses well pretty much the same but the difference being our board was AQA. scored 88 and 92 in both papers. I can see if I have any essays for you, I should have some revision notes however if you would like them

That would be wonderful thanks :biggrin: Thank you so much!
Reply 9
I'm new to this so not sure how I can transfer my notes over, if you have an account on get revising I can post them on there :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Ciranore
I'm new to this so not sure how I can transfer my notes over, if you have an account on get revising I can post them on there :smile:

yeah i have an account on there just post (or PM) me the links when uploaded! Thank you so so much :smile:
Reply 11
sent you a PM :smile:
Original post by Lucy96

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi If you could send me that essay too, that would be a great help. As I too struggle with how to write effective essays. Thanks :smile:
Original post by Peace&Love
Hi If you could send me that essay too, that would be a great help. As I too struggle with how to write effective essays. Thanks :smile:

Sure thing :h:
Ok so this is a general format and can be adapted if you wish

introduction- set out what you intend to argue- essentially give pointers and introduce the notion of historical debate around said topic, lastly always answer the question (to what extent etc..). keep this concise but accurate

Paragraphs- dont make these obscure, start off by making the point you intend to make and then provide the detailed analysis, and then provide any evidence&historical interpretation to support this claim (note for the high grades- detailed analysis and historical interpretation is so so important. Your analysis should be like 'links in a chain, and if there aren't atleast 4 or 5 links then it probably isn't detailed enough)- general rule of thumb for paragraphs is follow PAE (Point, Analysis, Evidence) and lastly keep focus on the question

conclusion- DO NOT introduce any new points, here you are simply tying up your argument and providing a final judgement, (which must not change from your original judgement)

This is a general idea of essay structure i have used before with others and for all purposes meets the 'jumping through hoops' criteria set out by A-level mark schemes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending