The Student Room Group

Past papers the way to a B/A at as level?

I find it hard to revise by taking notes reading the textbook on whole topics so is it okay to complete ppqs and exam papers as the main source of revision and then go over the topics i lost marks out on?
Yes. That's how a lot of people do revision. But it would depend on what subjects you are doing. For maths, it's effectively all you can do. But for the humanities, it's probably not the best idea.
Reply 2
Original post by bluepowerade
I find it hard to revise by taking notes reading the textbook on whole topics so is it okay to complete ppqs and exam papers as the main source of revision and then go over the topics i lost marks out on?

As the above poster said it really depends on what subjects you do. For the sciences and maths it is very useful and vital to do as many past papers as possible to get the higher grades. However I know plenty that don't focus on papers for humanities such as History and English Literature that get As because focusing on content etc. is more important in that respect. What subjects do you do? :h:
Reply 3
History chem geog maths physics. Would they be useful for geography?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
It has been shown scientifically that reading stuff doesn't do much to help you remember it. You need to practise writing it out.
Reply 5
What happens when you run out of papers? You shouldn't start them until 1-2 months time. First, learn the content by going through the book and taking notes. There's no way around it.

Quick Reply

Latest