The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Congrats on those with offers. I am still waiting to hear back from UCL and City. Seeing as some of you have been emailed offers then I can't imagine I have good news coming my way. It is rather frustrating having to wait to hear and knowing that some people know whilst others dont, I wish they would just put us out of our misery :frown:
Reply 341
Hi Everyone,
I am just wondering does anyone know that the Essex interview is like? I have an interview at the end of April but they didn't tell me much about it...is there a video or group interview like in other uni's??
Also does anyone know what they focus on there and what kind of people they are looking for? I heard they want people who will 'give up' everything else for the two years, which is fine by me if I could just get in :h:
Its so hard to know what kind of reflecting on your work experience to prepare!
Original post by Charlottejt27
Congrats on those with offers. I am still waiting to hear back from UCL and City. Seeing as some of you have been emailed offers then I can't imagine I have good news coming my way. It is rather frustrating having to wait to hear and knowing that some people know whilst others dont, I wish they would just put us out of our misery :frown:

Hi Charlotte

I agree, very frustrating. I've put my eggs in one basket with UCL so I hope it's good news!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 343
Hi Dani
I was there yesterday, I walked out with you after our library visit! I too got an email offer today :-) good luck making your decision.. I might see you in September!
Reply 344
Original post by gemz475
Hi Dani
I was there yesterday, I walked out with you after our library visit! I too got an email offer today :-) good luck making your decision.. I might see you in September!

Hi Gemz,

Oh that's great news, Congratulations, I'm delighted for you. It's great to put a face to a name. I can't believe we found out so early. I was really surprised.
Well you remember how awfully I thought my interview had gone but I guess you just never know. The decision-making process is going to be a killer. They're all such great courses. You may well see me in September. It may all come down to the toss of a coin!
Found out this morning that I got an offer for UCL, I'm over the moon and the interviewers and staff there were so lovely and welcoming. I just can't believe they had an offer out to me so quickly!
I hope to see some of you in September!!
Original post by SJL233
Hey, I am still waiting to hear from them as well. Did you apply anywhere else? X

It is such a waiting game haha! I have also applied to city and not heard back from them either. What about you? :smile: x
Reply 347
Original post by BeccaKosinski
It is such a waiting game haha! I have also applied to city and not heard back from them either. What about you? :smile: x

I'm waiting to hear from City too. I think we're due to hear next Friday.
I'm assuming no news is bad news from UCL so City will be my last hope for getting on the course this year. Fingers crossed we get places!
Reply 348
Hi everyone!
I found out this afternoon that I've been offered a place at UCL! Very shocked as I thought my interview was awful! I was there on Tuesday for my interview, very surprised at how quickly they made their decisions! Definitely will be accepting this offer as I preferred it to City!
Massive congrats to everyone else that have had offers so far!
See you fellow UCLers in September!
Reply 349
Original post by Katehb
Congrats DANI_F! Fantastic news you must be SO pleased!

Thanks Kate,
I'm over the moon. Best of luck with your applications.

Original post by cosmic.love
Found out this morning that I got an offer for UCL, I'm over the moon and the interviewers and staff there were so lovely and welcoming. I just can't believe they had an offer out to me so quickly!
I hope to see some of you in September!!

Congratulations Lauren,
I didn't get a chance to chat to you on Tuesday but I'm delighted for you for getting your offer. Now all I have to do is decide between UL and UCL and I'll be set. I'm in two minds about it.

Original post by bex_h
Hi everyone!
I found out this afternoon that I've been offered a place at UCL! Very shocked as I thought my interview was awful! I was there on Tuesday for my interview, very surprised at how quickly they made their decisions! Definitely will be accepting this offer as I preferred it to City!
Massive congrats to everyone else that have had offers so far!
See you fellow UCLers in September!

Congratulations on your offer Bex,
So far four of us on here who were interviewed on Tuesday have received offers of places. It was a good day to be there it seems.
I may be seeing you in September, it all depends on where's the best fit. Congrats again.
I have been put on the waiting list for UCL apparently. Really gutted tbh as I still have no definitive answer and its not doing my anxiety any good. :frown:

Those with offers for UCL, is there a date you have to let them know by?
Reply 351
Once the portal gets updated you have 4 weeks to accept or decline the offer on there! I've heard a few people on waiting lists in previous years have got places so fingers crossed you will x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rightyo! Thank you for the info, fingers crossed xx
Reply 353
No worries! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 354
I have been put on the waiting list for UCL apparently. Really gutted tbh as I still have no definitive answer and its not doing my anxiety any good. :frown:

Those with offers for UCL, is there a date you have to let them know by?

I know it must be difficult not having a definite yes/no but you should feel proud to have made the waiting list - it's so competitive so you're obviously a strong candidate.

When were you interviewed? Did they give you any feedback?

Fingers crossed you get a place!

Posted from TSR Mobile
No I asked for feedback and they said they didnt give any. I was interviewed on the 14th x
People that got into UCl, would you mind just telling me what experiences you've had?
Reply 357
Charlotte, it is not just about the experience, the actual interview is the deal breaker. As someone else has already said, you have been placed on the waiting list rather then turned down. To answer your question, when I got in, I had worked as SLT assistant for 2 years and volunteered with Headway and the Stroke Association at week-ends for about 3 years.
People that got into UCl, would you mind just telling me what experiences you've had?

Hey Charlotte. I volunteered with stroke group and headway for a few months, and worked one day a week at a primary school (volunteer). I found it really hard to get direct experience with SALTs so only managed a few days shadowing, but in a good range of settings. I found a few interesting ways to observe therapists though - I joined a makaton course less by a SALT and I persuaded an independent therapist allow me to make teas and coffees at a course she was running for parents/carers of children with ASD. I'm about to start work as a Physiotherapy Assistant, which I think helped get me to interview stage even though a) it's the wrong allied health profession and b) I hadn't started it when I was writing applications. I also work from home as a phonetic editor for a communications company, which although isn't clinical, I think helped get to interview stage.

If I'm honest, I think everyone that gets to interview stage is more than capable and whether or not you get in is so unpredictable that it's just luck.

This has been a testing few months for sure, and I genuinely hope that you're not feeling too anxious. Best of luck to you.
Thank you for the info, and for your kind words :smile: We will all get there eventually, one way or another! haha

Latest