The Student Room Group

AQA Psychology Predictions Table

Hey folks,

I have created a table that may help in estimating the possible questions that can come up for Aggression, relationships and Sleep. It's not clear cut but it does visually give you some data and some information as to what questions have been asked over the last 4-5 years and presents it in a visual form so hopefully you can take a estimation yourself on whats likely.

The table shows the possible questions that can be asked based on the spec and when it was last asked (which paper/year). If you see something that hasnt popped up for a while I would say its a possibility.

Looking at the data myself I am leaning towards..:

Relationships: The model of breakdown or parental investment it seems.

Aggression: Neural/Hormonal explanations for aggression, institutional explanations of aggression or genetics and aggression.

For sleep & Bio Rhythms: - Sleep is very hard to predict for and has a lot of topics - It can be something on the 3 rhythms, sleep disorders or exogenous and endogenous zeitgebers.

Heres the table itself so you can make your own judgements:

AQA Psychology Possible Questions

A* Model Essays For AQA Psychology

Useful? or not? Let me know on the website and if it is I can look at some other materials too.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Mephestic

Looking at the data myself I am leaning towards..:

For sleep & Bio Rhythms: - Sleep is very hard to predict for and has a lot of topics - It can be something on the 3 rhythms, sleep disorders or exogenous and endogenous zeitgebers.

No, it is highly likely to be something on exogenous zeitgebers, these have NEVER once appeared in any way. Bound to come sooner or later.

Have'nt thought about one on all three rhythms, like circadian, infradian and ultradian together? :/

Very useful though, thanks!
Reply 2
Original post by kk_15
No, it is highly likely to be something on exogenous zeitgebers, these have NEVER once appeared in any way. Bound to come sooner or later.

Have'nt thought about one on all three rhythms, like circadian, infradian and ultradian together? :/

Very useful though, thanks!

I believe that question appeared in Jan 2011's paper If im reading the table correctly?

But your right that is a strong possibility as even that was a while ago. I think the rhythms are also possible.
I believe that question appeared in Jan 2011's paper If im reading the table correctly?

But your right that is a strong possibility as even that was a while ago. I think the rhythms are also possible.

Just looked, it was: "Discuss the role of endogenous pacemakers in the control of one or more biological rhythms." (9 marks + 16 marks)
Reply 4
Original post by kk_15
Just looked, it was: "Discuss the role of endogenous pacemakers in the control of one or more biological rhythms." (9 marks + 16 marks)

Stupid me I misread endogenous and exogenous etc. I may need to alter the table due to that..gah
Stupid me I misread endogenous and exogenous etc. I may need to alter the table due to that..gah

You know how I remember it? EXogenous, EXternal cues. Get it? :wink:
Reply 6
Original post by kk_15
You know how I remember it? EXogenous, EXternal cues. Get it? :wink:

Clever lol! I like it!! :biggrin:
Reply 7
It'd be awesome if you could create a table for all the units in PSYA3 :smile:. I do Aggression and the table was helpful
Reply 8
Original post by Melas1
It'd be awesome if you could create a table for all the units in PSYA3 :smile:. I do Aggression and the table was helpful

I will look into it once I finish my latest book on Sleep & Bio Rhythms. Translating my A* answers across is taking longer than anticipated!

Once done I will make it across the board,

-Saj
(edited 10 years ago)
is there an app you can buy these from :P..

ALSO how do you retain so much info ???? I just cant do it :frown:. Unlike you we all have to cram between 5 to 8 exams in june? since jan exams are no more..
Reply 10
Original post by gloriousgloria
is there an app you can buy these from :P..

ALSO how do you retain so much info ???? I just cant do it :frown:. Unlike you we all have to cram between 5 to 8 exams in june? since jan exams are no more..

Hi Gloria,

Cramming the answers is possible, I did it while working full time too and no teachers so its definitely do-able.

There's a method I mention in the books for how I did it, it was a form of chunking and acronyms and that worked well for me.
(edited 10 years ago)
Explanations for insomnia has never came up?
That's bound to happen in June then!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending