The Student Room Group

Economics applicant thread UCAS 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cardigansandjeans
Has anyone had any offers from warwick to do straight economics? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have an offer from Warwick too, also applied in October and got it in November.
Original post by Yllasjarvi
AAAA at AS, UMS 92% but haven't done Further M. Predicted A*A*AA

Thanks. And well done! It's amazing you got an offer but you have amazing grades so its not suprising they offered you! :smile:

Original post by purplemind
I have an offer from Warwick too, also applied in October and got it in November.

Can I ask you the same thing - As grades and predicted?
Sorry if I'm being nosy. I applied in November and still haven't heard back from warwick, got offers from all 4 others so I'm just asking around. Thanks for helping out

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can I ask you the same thing - As grades and predicted?
Sorry if I'm being nosy. I applied in November and still haven't heard back from warwick, got offers from all 4 others so I'm just asking around. Thanks for helping out

Posted from TSR Mobile

AAAAAA at AS + A* in A2 (but 1 AS and A2 is in native language) so really count those 5As and A*A*A*A* predicted.
It's fine, I understand that. :smile: But some universities like taking their time and I don't think Warwick have given out too many offers yet.
Original post by purplemind
AAAAAA at AS + A* in A2 (but 1 AS and A2 is in native language) so really count those 5As and A*A*A*A* predicted.
It's fine, I understand that. :smile: But some universities like taking their time and I don't think Warwick have given out too many offers yet.

Wow that's really amazing! Well done! And thanks, I knew they'd take their time but I got a friend who applied for accounting and she got her offer from warwick before Christmas. There's only one other person at my school applying for economics and he's not applying at warwick. Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
were any of you at Manchester open day today?
for BEconSc
commeeee on UCL, where you at with the offer dawg?!

anybody else planning on going to a Nottingham and/or a Bath open day for offer-holders? i dunno if i can really be bothered :tongue:
Original post by Fas

anybody else planning on going to a Nottingham and/or a Bath open day for offer-holders? i dunno if i can really be bothered :tongue:

If you're thinking of firming/insuring them then you should definitely go.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fas

Yup, going to both.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
If you're thinking of firming/insuring them then you should definitely go.

Posted from TSR Mobile

probs be going to the Bath one then haha, Nottingham is out of the window now.
Original post by Pro Crastination
Yup, going to both.

Posted from TSR Mobile

nice, which Bath day are you going to?
Original post by Fas
nice, which Bath day are you going to?

The 5th of March. I'd say it's worth going, I'm going to try and find out about what the situation would be if I messed up A2s, because I recall them saying around 7% of their economics students failed to reach their offer, so did another year at college and got in that way. Obviously if the offer jumps up to A*A*A then it's not really worth it, but I am seriously considering it as an option because I love Bath.
I have successfully sent my application on December 28 but I still have not received any offer... Do I have to worry? I mean by now is more than a month that I am waiting.. Is anybody else still waiting for an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got a rejection from LSE. At least no more waiting for their decision.
just wondering if anyone had had an offer from Edinburgh for L100?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by krisko31
I have successfully sent my application on December 28 but I still have not received any offer... Do I have to worry? I mean by now is more than a month that I am waiting.. Is anybody else still waiting for an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You shouldn't be expecting many replies any this close to sending off your application.
I sent mine off on the 9th October and I'm still waiting for 2 decisions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone had any offers from warwick to do straight economics? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got an offer for straight economics from Warwick
Reply 2976
Are there any Oxford E&M offer holders? There seems to be none on the Stalking page.
Original post by sherrycui
I got an offer for straight economics from Warwick

Well done! What were the conditions can I ask?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well done! What were the conditions can I ask?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The typical offer is A*aab,b for the whole a level fourth subject or an A for AS fourth subject
Original post by sherrycui
The typical offer is A*aab,b for the whole a level fourth subject or an A for AS fourth subject

I know but is that what they offered you? They would already know your AS results

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending