The Student Room Group
University logo
Abertay University

Ethical hacking and digital security

I was wondering if anyone else has applied for any of these courses and if so has anyone received any offers.

thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
My friend has applied and he hasn't heard back yet.
University logo
Abertay University
Reply 2
Original post by Fox_M
I was wondering if anyone else has applied for any of these courses and if so has anyone received any offers.

thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I received an unconditional offer last week that i plan to accept.
Reply 3
Congratulations, I received a conditional offer last week , I need to get 1 C at any higher.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Fox_M
Congratulations, I received a conditional offer last week , I need to get 1 C at any higher.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations, hopefully I will see you there.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
I got an unconditional offer too for Ethical Hacking. Can't wait for September!!

Should be an awesome course.

Original post by shephi43
Yeah I received an unconditional offer last week that i plan to accept.

Original post by Fox_M

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats to both of you!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Nice, congratulations might see you there
Reply 7
Original post by Fox_M
Nice, congratulations might see you there

Do you have facebook or skype? if so pm me? Would be good to get to know people who will be on same course.

Anyone who's on ethical hacking course, feel free to pm me your facebook or skype.
Reply 8
I've had an unconditional offer for Ethical Hacking. Where is everyone thinking about for accommodation?
Reply 9
I think there's a little irony in offering personal details in a thread about hacking and digital security to anonymous forum users without posting history. I assume this course covers social engineering :p:
Reply 10
Original post by DarkWhite
I think there's a little irony in offering personal details in a thread about hacking and digital security to anonymous forum users without posting history. I assume this course covers social engineering :p:

Haha funny :biggrin:

However, Theres very little information being posted here, Social engineering is a risk yes, However my facebook information is public anyway. Don't really post much on there.

Just becareful what info you share online, that is all you need to worry about.

@M4tt_T4ylor

I'm thinking of applying to parker street in april, if not there either hub or alloway halls.

But I like look of Parker street so thats my 1st choice.
Original post by JamesIT
Haha funny :biggrin:

However, Theres very little information being posted here, Social engineering is a risk yes, However my facebook information is public anyway. Don't really post much on there.

Just becareful what info you share online, that is all you need to worry about.

@M4tt_T4ylor

I'm thinking of applying to parker street in april, if not there either hub or alloway halls.

But I like look of Parker street so thats my 1st choice.

I was looking at Parker street as my main choice as well
Reply 12
I really really hate myself for not applying to either of those courses! I applied to the Web design and Communication, just so that I would have a safe choice.
Oh well, I'll keep my fingers crossed for an offer for Napier's Computer Security course instead.
Original post by violetsy
I really really hate myself for not applying to either of those courses! I applied to the Web design and Communication, just so that I would have a safe choice.
Oh well, I'll keep my fingers crossed for an offer for Napier's Computer Security course instead.

It's worth contacting them [Abertay]. As they were changing it so everyone in SECAM or whatever they call the school of engineering, computing and applied mathematics now, will study the same first two years allowing you to move between the courses.

Plus there will be plenty of drop-outs so you'll be able to do ethical hacking in third and fourth year, i.e. the two that count.
Reply 14
[QUOhalls in parkwtt_T4ylor;46251062]I've had an unconditional offer for Ethical Hacking. Where is everyone thinking about for accommodation?

Got halls in parker street, you?
Reply 15
I got a place during clearing for ethical hacking, looking at Parker street as well.
I'm entering my 4th year of ethical hacking and countermeasures this September. The course modules has changed since I was in first year but I'd be happy to answer any questions regarding the uni or accommodation.
Reply 17
=Highlander91;49335509]I'm entering my 4th year of ethical hacking and countermeasures this September. The course modules has changed since I was in first year but I'd be happy to answer any questions regarding the uni or accommodation.

Hey, i was just wondering how different the ethical hacking course is from computer science? I imagine first year is almost the same and it gets more different later? Thabks
Original post by shephi43
Hey, i was just wondering how different the ethical hacking course is from computer science? I imagine first year is almost the same and it gets more different later? Thabks

Yeah first year teaches the very core subjects of computer science since you'll need a brief overview of everything before you can do more advanced things. There are security aspects taught with them and it slowly gets more specific to security as you progress through the years.

Quick Reply

Latest