The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Hello.

Does anybody want to do mock up interviews on skype? I think its a great way to practice before the real interview !! My Skype id is: cristina.dinescu
Reply 2041
Rejected from a101 :frown:
Original post by LiSpi
Rejected from a101 :frown:

Gutted to hear that... I hope u have heard some positive news from somewhere ........
My condolence hugs ...
Did they give a reason ...
And this will probably be annoying but it would be great to know what ur Ukcat was when ever u feel like divulging the info...

I remember ur response at the Bart's page was ur Ukcat about 2980?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Huatah
if u survived the grilling well u have a great chance

Yeah thanks man! it was crazy they spent half the interview at least grilling me on the article then realised that they had to ask other questions, so the atmosphere changed so quick from a heated debate to a chat :redface:
Reply 2044
Original post by hello101
Gutted to hear that... I hope u have heard some positive news from somewhere ........
My condolence hugs ...
Did they give a reason ...
And this will probably be annoying but it would be great to know what ur Ukcat was when ever u feel like divulging the info...

I remember ur response at the Bart's page was ur Ukcat about 2980?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They didn't even email me, just a track update. I was expecting it but not nice none the less!
My ukcat was 2880
Original post by LiSpi
They didn't even email me, just a track update. I was expecting it but not nice none the less!
My ukcat was 2880

So sorry mate :frown:

That's a good UKCAT though. What's your UCAS point?
Reply 2046
Original post by raveen789
Yeah thanks man! it was crazy they spent half the interview at least grilling me on the article then realised that they had to ask other questions, so the atmosphere changed so quick from a heated debate to a chat :redface:

That's prob cos they've mostly decided by then
Had my interview this Wednesday. No need to panic guys, they're not fire breathing dragons. There was a calm atmosphere and questions were always leading and sometimes had a small prompt to them. Nothing ever seemed accusatory or to be an attack. Good luck to you all guys. Roll on mid-March.
finally got an interview on the 18th of February! kind of scared, hopefully it goes ok!
Guys ... Interviews are being given out to graduates now ...... About bloody time Lolz ....... For a100
A 101 i think is probably not going to tell now ... Sad face probably a rejection ........ I wanted a101 so so so badly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2050
Got interview on 18th - just got it as I was reading this thread, I'm so relieved to have at least got the interview! 😄
Reply 2051
Anyone else still waiting for an interview for A100? UKCAT 817.5 and UCAS tariff of 700 here
Original post by nmw95
Anyone else still waiting for an interview for A100? UKCAT 817.5 and UCAS tariff of 700 here

I have only just heard - 800 ukcat and 770 tariff - I think interviews are given in a random order so I wouldn't worry if I were you, your stats are great!
Reply 2053
Original post by nmw95

I wouldn't worry if I were you- my tariff was 600 and my UKCAT 827.5 and I got an interview, so it seems to be random order.
AA101 rejection ..., absolutely gutted reason is increased competition ...... Wtf ....how can they say that when the admissions said they rank on Ukcat only ????? That is not right ... That is not right .. Ps
Ukcat 750

Posted from TSR Mobile
A101 is graduate entry medicine right? I'm so shocked and gutted for you. Just goes to show that it is a completely random process :/. And 'increased competition' is not a valid excuse- I would write to them and ask for proper feedback. What degree were you previously doing and what did you get it in it? Any advice on the application process would be much appreciated :smile:

ps A UKCAT of 750 and still rejected. WTH? I have no hope.
Reply 2056
Hello! Waiting for an interview from Barts :/ ... 710 UKCAT and UCAS Tariff: 620.
Predicted A*AAA
does anyone else have similar stats and still waiting?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by strawberry93
A101 is graduate entry medicine right? I'm so shocked and gutted for you. Just goes to show that it is a completely random process :/. And 'increased competition' is not a valid excuse- I would write to them and ask for proper feedback. What degree were you previously doing and what did you get it in it? Any advice on the application process would be much appreciated :smile:

ps A UKCAT of 750 and still rejected. WTH? I have no hope.

Yup a101 is graduate programme ...
I know well I found email of admissions tutor and have asked him why did u reject me as if I write to the admissions staff I will get a generic email .... Lol
My degree is in anatomy BSC and I have lots of chemistry/ biology in the degree ( I chose the modules) and also I have it a levels missed a first by 1 mark ... Lol I can't believe my luck ...
I am very devastated but would be grateful for people advice and whether they have received the same reasoning .... And what have they done

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Yes that count.

You have the same UCAS score as me :L
my UKCAT is 737.5 still waiting...
Reply 2059
Original post by XingBairong
Yes that count.

You have the same UCAS score as me :L
my UKCAT is 737.5 still waiting...

Oh ok Thankyou! :smile: I'm probabaly loosing all hope if I dont hear by the end of next week :tongue: .. comsidering the last day is 26th .. as mentioned by people from previous posts ... the wait is soo long!! Urghh!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending