The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hskjlclcn
Will Brentford and Orient please stop winning. It's very frustrating.

In hindsight though we appear more settled now, and are building what should hopefully be a promotion defining run.

Could you hurry up and sign Leon Clarke so we officially have no fit senior strikers at the club?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
Did anyone hear about Derby County's amazing comeback against Yeovil last night? It was phenomenal!
Reply 82
Original post by Midlander
Could you hurry up and sign Leon Clarke so we officially have no fit senior strikers at the club?

Posted from TSR Mobile

God no. I hope there is a major hitch or the fans stop him from arriving in whatever way they can.
God no. I hope there is a major hitch or the fans stop him from arriving in whatever way they can.

I hope he goes, he has ruined the team's focus with this transfer request garbage.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
Original post by degu111
Did anyone hear about Derby County's amazing comeback against Yeovil last night? It was phenomenal!

Hear about it? I was there, going absolutely apes**t when the third goal went in! :lol:
Original post by Rock Fan
I didn't realise their form was that bad, bottom of the form table.

Aye, we were going strongly up until the draw with Barnsley before Christmas. Jimmy Kebe is completely useless, he's done nothing since arriving & gave the ball away that led to Ipswich's opener. By the way, I was Kilroy8, I requested a name change.

Mick McCarthy's comment were brilliant! "Some people might be frustrated with that result. Some people can **** off."
Reply 86
Watford bring in a Hungarian international defensive midfielder on loan on Genoa. Yes, Genoa, not Udinese. Football's gone mad.
Original post by CraigWM
Genoa.

Know who?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bid in for Jack Hobbs from Leicester. I love how pissy forest fans are getting over it, and moaning about us going into admin in 2002 like we actively attempted to **** everyone over. Such ignorance.
Reply 89
fgs. We have actually completed the signing of Leon Clarke - lets see if he runs more than two yards in his second spell with us
fgs. We have actually completed the signing of Leon Clarke - lets see if he runs more than two yards in his second spell with us

Good riddance to him. He leaves us totally up the creek and relying on a fecking 16 year old as things stand.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If McCormack goes to West Ham we can really kiss goodbye to any chance of a decent finish. Looking below us rather than upwards now.
Original post by Silver Arrows
If McCormack goes to West Ham we can really kiss goodbye to any chance of a decent finish. Looking below us rather than upwards now.

West Ham really have been scraping the barrel this transfer window.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
Good riddance to him. He leaves us totally up the creek and relying on a fecking 16 year old as things stand.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What about that Wilson kid?
Reply 94
Big game tonight for Watford. Seriously need to start winning if we're to salvage any hope of play-offs this year. starts at Forest tonight. Sannino's tactics starting to show now, but I think it'll be the Leicester match that will show where we can push for towards the end of the season.
Original post by CraigWM
Big game tonight for Watford. Seriously need to start winning if we're to salvage any hope of play-offs this year. starts at Forest tonight. Sannino's tactics starting to show now, but I think it'll be the Leicester match that will show where we can push for towards the end of the season.

Weird having a game on Thursday but yes this is a game for Watford that could define their season, Forest are on a good run at the minute.
Reply 96
Weird having a game on Thursday but yes this is a game for Watford that could define their season, Forest are on a good run at the minute.

Probably due to how its televised, weird day to put it on though indeed. Shifted our match with Brighton back to Sunday as well which makes it all even more awkward...
Original post by CraigWM
Probably due to how its televised, weird day to put it on though indeed. Shifted our match with Brighton back to Sunday as well which makes it all even more awkward...

Yeah it's all very weird, TV getting involved is really messing up the fixtures.

West Ham really have been scraping the barrel this transfer window.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heard Nathan Delfouneso has gone on loan to you guys for the rest of the season.
What about that Wilson kid?

Injured for another month at least. Delfouneso has signed from Villa and Pressley is keen for a second so we'll see what happens tomorrow. Supporting this team really is thankless...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heard Nathan Delfouneso has gone on loan to you guys for the rest of the season.

Yep, basically we're after a big man and a fast one up front. Delfouneso is the quickie, we'll see who the big man is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest