The Student Room Group

MUN Hypothetical 2014/01 - Mutation Outbreak!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cheese_Monster
OOC: Good, cause I was planning on sending the virus to that island next :wink:

PRSOM

Ahoy! Amidst the devastation the Dominion of Canada managed to export its government to Baffin Island. It is believed that certain eastern cities such as Quebec City and Montreal are holding up relatively well but emergency power has been devolved to provincial levels and central government saw it fit to relocate until Nosoi is controlled. We are saddened to report that the Prime Minister didn't make it out of Ottawa alive. Until further notice, displaced Canadian citizens may assume full British citizenship. We suggest the relocation of the MUN to an isolated island such as Kiribati.
New Zealand is concerned about the Nosoi infections spread. All standard flights and ships are now barred from entry into the country. However, if the MUN are to relocate to Wellington, then we would be willing to lift the restrictions if the representatives are free of Nosoi.

India is growing increasingly concerned about the spread of Nosoi. We urge warring factions to end their conflict, we cannot let the infection spread any further.
As for the US-Indo-Sino Coalition forces, we are willing to maintain our current levels of support for the time being. We will do whatever we can to maintain our involvement in the operation. However, we must warn the US that, if Nosoi was to breach our borders, we may be forced to withdraw a degree of support from North America in order to cope with the crisis. However, until this occurs, we will persist with the mission to liberate North America.
Reply 102
Botswana has decided to end our intake of refugees prematurely due to the increasing threat of the Nosoi and shocking influx of refugees through our borders. We regret our original decision and instead we are going to close all our borders land and air. We would like to support the military effort in North America, however our resources and armed forces are stretched.
Germany has heard of the spread to the Southern European countries and nos totally sealed off it's boarders to other countries and there will be no movement with out official consent and full quarentens. We are deploying the army on our boarders, we are determined to not allow the infection to reach our soil.
Although we fear due to our geographical location of the disease was to spread north there is little we can do to stop the spread. We are establishing contingency plans.

We would also seeking the permission of Denmark to move our parliament and other important organisation to the island of Ronne, just north west of Germany in the Baltic, as a precaution. When we move there, we shall put in place very strict measures to protect both the inhabitantce and Germany
NEWS 2 brigades of the Iraqi army have deserted and fled to the Iranian border for safety. They are currently stationed at the Iraqi border, a few miles west of Mehan. The Iraqi brigades report a lack of central command, and as such the Iranian Army, supported by the Air Force, have crossed the Iraqi border and are establishing a 20 mile secure zone around Iran.

Republic1
Military Movement
Original post by Superunknown17
NEWS 2 brigades of the Iraqi army have deserted and fled to the Iranian border for safety. They are currently stationed at the Iraqi border, a few miles west of Mehan. The Iraqi brigades report a lack of central command, and as such the Iranian Army, supported by the Air Force, have crossed the Iraqi border and are establishing a 20 mile secure zone around Iran.

We hope that this will not further destabilise the region it is not what we need right now to help end this global crisis.

Republic1
QFA

Decerto
QFA
Reply 106
I think as the MUN we should find more constructive methods to combat the Nosoi, rather than a full blown out military operation, we should set up a research commission to investigate the cause of the outbreak and its weaknesses, in order to reduce the impact and cutback the spread. I'm hoping a more powerful nation is willing to support this idea and pass a resolution.
Iran stesses that the decision was taken for the security of our own nation, and is not a provocative move against Iraq. We are certain that command structures have broken down in Baghdad and so we feel that adding a more secure buffer to our borders is a sensible move.

Any Iraqis who now find themselves in territory occupied by the Iranian Army will find they are now completely protected from the infected.
Reply 108
OOC: Oh:colondollar: I guess I didn't read all of the first page
The Republic of South Africa hereby announces citizens will be transported to Madagascar, starting with government officials and subsequently the general public at designated times. Any resistance will be met with military action. We must look after our own before anything else, especially with the virus spreading through Africa.
Estonia is dismayed to learn that South Africa has assaulted another countries' sovereignty and urges South Africa to cease its illegal transportation of people to Madagascar immediately.

Estonia requests that Norway destroy the Øresund Bridge so to as maintain a sea barrier between continental Europe and Scandinavia. Estonia would also like to give notice to Norway that, as per the terms of the Svalbard Treaty, Estonia has evacuated 5,000 people with an accompaniment of supply ships to Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen.

OOC: I asked Norway to blow up the bridge because I haven't seen a Swedish or a Danish rep here.
Original post by Samual

OOC: I asked Norway to blow up the bridge because I haven't seen a Swedish or a Danish rep here.

According to the map Mechie is the Danish Rep but I think he is inactive
Mechie
QFA
Original post by Moist Penguin
According to the map Mechie is the Danish Rep but I think he is inactive

OOC: that map is an old version, Rory didn't change both the links in the Members list - I think you have to click the words under the picture, or the other way around I can't remember.

Also, I tried to update the map after the last roll call but I wasn't sure who was in and who was out because the members list wasn't updated fully after the roll call.
Original post by Republic1
OOC: that map is an old version, Rory didn't change both the links in the Members list - I think you have to click the words under the picture, or the other way around I can't remember.

Also, I tried to update the map after the last roll call but I wasn't sure who was in and who was out because the members list wasn't updated fully after the roll call.

OOC: Just by way of an FYI, I'm not the Australian rep any more...

RoryS
QFA
Original post by Superunknown17
France was not aware of any French planes attempting to enter UK airspace but we are dismayed that the UK has shot them down. We hope the UK will be conducting an investigation into the shot down planes and will release its findings immediately.

An internal inquiry has been conducted and it was found that the orders to shoot down the light aircraft were within the remit of the royal prerogative and were given within the guidelines set down by the Prime Minister.

It is regrettable that the action had to be taken, however we note that the craft was ordered several times to return to French airspace, and was also warned of the consequences of not complying.

The craft landed in British waters in the English Channel, and we regret to have decided that a recovery attempt will not be made for security reasons. We ask that the French Government honours this.
OOC: I wanted to create one but without Norway it wouldn't work. :frown: It is kinda boring having such a small country... weep

Estonia would like to assure Norway that all evacuees have been thoroughly tested for infection. We agree that the ships population shall be kept in quarantine off-shore until Norwegian inspectors have verified this. Estonia would like to remind Norway that Estonian citizens have a perfect right to reside in and work on Svalbard without the permission of the Norwegian government.
(edited 10 years ago)
OOC: Psh Sweden... Norway is my one true love. Clicky.
Reply 117
I found what South Africa did was illegal. They should have at least inquire permission from Madagascar. We should instead create a buffer zone to protect the whole region

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 118
Original post by Republic1

The link on the text 'MUN World Map!' is correct - the picture doesn't link to anything at the moment on the document.

Makes sense to update the map once the UK election has been sorted?

Original post by Qwertish
OOC: Just by way of an FYI, I'm not the Australian rep any more...

Thanks - now updated. :wink:
Original post by RoryS
The link on the text 'MUN World Map!' is correct - the picture doesn't link to anything at the moment on the document.

Makes sense to update the map once the UK election has been sorted?

Ah ok, that was last time I used it. [EDIT: I'm still able to click the picture of the map, and end up at the old link.]

Sure thing, I'll do it after that election. I wasn't sure who lost their place at the role call, because the members list conflicted with the roll call thread. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending