The Student Room Group

What to take?

I took kalms tablets to stay calm it worked in my first test but second one didnt work my feet was shaking when i put the clutch down and when i started raising it...
Is there anything else i can take to control my nerves?
Next test is in less than 3 weeks and really want to pass now.
first time i failed because i hit the kerb and got 4 minors.
Second time got two serious on the independent driving section , when going on the roundabout i must have went onto another lane without signalling i cant remember and one for going slow on the dual carriageway apart from that i got two minors.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Oh my God!! But for the next time be prepared...U must start practising your car driving from now so that you can be well prepared for your next driving test. Start building self confidence by doing meditations early in the morning and after that practise car driving. This would definitely work for you.
Reply 2
best thing is to take nothing and just get more confident driving, i also failed my second go with 1 minor and 1 major i got an major same reason as before changing direction as i came on the wrong lane at the roundabout :frown:
Reply 3
I am confident while driving but just get abit nervous on the test :frown:
Reply 4
Take yourself to the test dammit.
Reply 5
Don't take anything! My nerves were awful yesterday when I took mine - I was feeling sick, (couldn't eat anything before it) and shaky, but nerves can be good. Luckily, I passed :smile:

Hope it goes well :smile:
Reply 6
I've had like 50 hours now maybe a little more and i am confident while driving and i just fail for stupid things, feel so stressed ;(
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
im in the same position as you i failed my second aswel but im trying to book mines in 2 weeks time but cant find a date. best of luck if you know you can drive good then you will pass
Reply 8
Thanks praying to god i pass this time good luck to you as well.
Reply 9
I bought some rescue remedy spray for my test but couldn't find it to take it so went with nothing. I was so hot and shakey, I felt so sick and couldn't eat. I kept doing really stupid silly things on my test but passed :smile: so maybe the nerves were good? I was that nervous, the hour lesson before my test was the worst I have ever drove ... I literally forgot everything! I told my instructor I was going home lol

Maybe work with the nerves? Anyway good luck xx
Hi Joey (or whatever is your real name)!

I also took The Rescue Remedy Spray. My Friend was actually suggesting the tablets one but I decided to prefer this one. My friend said the tablets made her really calm (she said she was worse when nervous; gets sick). As for my spray, I'm really not sure coz I use it when Im nervous and still no effect. Yet, in the test it didn't mess up with me, although I know I am still nervous.

I also found some videos in youtube abt holding up your nerves, try to check them and might help you. One is a way of deep breathing and holding it weirdly for 10-30sec.

Have you taken your test?
Reply 11
Original post by Northstar212
Hi Joey (or whatever is your real name)!

I also took The Rescue Remedy Spray. My Friend was actually suggesting the tablets one but I decided to prefer this one. My friend said the tablets made her really calm (she said she was worse when nervous; gets sick). As for my spray, I'm really not sure coz I use it when Im nervous and still no effect. Yet, in the test it didn't mess up with me, although I know I am still nervous.

I also found some videos in youtube abt holding up your nerves, try to check them and might help you. One is a way of deep breathing and holding it weirdly for 10-30sec.

Have you taken your test?

I bought the rescue remedy drops the other day so hope it works and no i haven't taken my test yet it is next week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending