The Student Room Group

UCL Medicine Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 740
rejected without interview :frown: kinda sad I thought they would consider me!!! ugh...I can't really understand

AS: 4A
predicted a2: 4A*2A (including achieved A*A)
bmat: 6.2 6.4 3.5A
no GCSEs :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 741
So sorry to hear , wishing you all the best for your other applications. I'm sure you will have other offers.
you say you do not have GCSE'S .... are you international?

rejected without interview :frown: kinda sad I thought they would consider me!!! ugh...I can't really understand

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 742
Original post by shivzz9
Basically, I received an email saying I'd been invited for an interview at 15:50 next Wednesday. Went onto Portico and accepted the interview, and then got sent another email saying my attendance has been confirmed for 12:30. I'm quite confused as to what time it is necessary to attend, although I may just turn up at 12:30 just to be sure.

My confirmation email (the 2nd one) said I was confirmed for 9:15, which is the arrival time for the talk, so I think that time is a generic one for the entire morning/afternoon sessions!
Reply 743
Chemz202 sent me a PM asking for information about my interview as I already have an offer.

However, I find receiving PMs asking for specifics of interviews quite depressing, as it seems unfair to try to gain an advantage over others in a less than open and honest way, rather like cheating in an exam.
Does this reflect integrity needed as a future doctor?
It puts anyone with a later interview who doesn't try to secretly find out info at a definite disadvantage.

For anyone who is interested, I had no prior knowledge of what my interview would be like. My interviewers were friendly and I would advise knowing your personal statement really well.

Beyond that, I can only wish you all the best for your interviews and may the best (in every sense of the word) people for the course be successful!
And for anyone with an offer or who's had an interview, please don't give out info to pushy people at the expense of those who play fair!
(edited 10 years ago)
Could anyone post the bmat essay questions please? I have forgotten them.
Anyone know what the admissions tutor look at if you are put into the waiting list? :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 746
Original post by dingdongmonk1234
Anyone know what the admissions tutor look at if you are put into the waiting list? :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wait how do you know that you've been put on the waiting list?
Original post by firaskhan
Wait how do you know that you've been put on the waiting list?

They notify you via e-mail.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 748

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you mind sharing your stats :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 749

Posted from TSR Mobile

When was your interview? :smile:
Original post by Baa
When was your interview? :smile:

Jan 22nd

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nana96
Do you mind sharing your stats :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

GCSEs: 10A*s 1A
BMAT: 4.0 5.2 4.5A
IB Predicted: 45/45

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got an email asking for work experience references!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello guys,
When you got invitations for an interview, did you have to send them a reference for your work experience placement(s)?
Much appreciated.
Reply 754
Hi guys, can anyone remember the BMAT essay questions, more specifically the one about publishing surgeons mortality rates? Any help would be greatly appreciated :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 755
Original post by Delta, Δ
Hello guys,
When you got invitations for an interview, did you have to send them a reference for your work experience placement(s)?
Much appreciated.

Hey, you don't have to, its optional, I did, and it can't hurt to..
Original post by jared777
Hey, you don't have to, its optional, I did, and it can't hurt to..

Hey there, thanks for the reply.
Did they say in the e-mail that it's optional? :smile:
Reply 757
Original post by Delta, Δ
Hey there, thanks for the reply.
Did they say in the e-mail that it's optional? :smile:

Yeah, its under the section where it mentions sending the interviewee form and a copy of your passport and says "4. If you have any additional references from work experience or volunteering placements that you would like to be attached to your application then you may also attach these. Please do not send other items (we do not require copies of your CV, nor other certificates of achievement for sporting events etc). If you have already been asked for these separately and supplied them previously then there is no need to resend them now." :smile:
Reply 758
Original post by jared777
Hi guys, can anyone remember the BMAT essay questions, more specifically the one about publishing surgeons mortality rates? Any help would be greatly appreciated :smile:

it's sth like: shd surgeons with better abilities take on more high risk surgeries ? is disclosing mortality rates going to hinder surgeons from taking on high risk surgeries..

tell me if I'm wrong, the wording is very different I know, but this is wt I understand from it lol I did this topic too...n I'm dam_ bitter abt the rejection :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 759
Original post by IBMOM
So sorry to hear , wishing you all the best for your other applications. I'm sure you will have other offers.
you say you do not have GCSE'S .... are you international?

Posted from TSR Mobile

tks for replying :tongue: yep I'm international (I guess, but I'm a British citizen lol hahaaa I hvnt been in the UK for the past 16 years lol tbh the competition for international places is so fierce. I reli regret not coming bk earlier so that I can be considered as a local (laughcry)

I hope there would be other offers for medicine for me :/ but reli sad cuz my 2 fav ones hv rejected me (Cambridge n UCL).. the other 2 left r kinda insurances :s but now I think I'd be overjoyed if I get any xd wt makes the rejection better is that I got an imperial biomed offer on the same day... kinda makes my day a bit better :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending