St. Andrews Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Original post by arn4v
How has everyone's intereview gone?

So very, very meh.
Reply 501
Original post by Kabatas
My interview was a disaster. The interviewers were by no means friendly.

How so ?:P
Reply 502
Original post by LiviuN
How so ?:P

You will be pushed to the limit of your knowledge, to the complete maximum of it. I wasn't able to cope so i broke down in front of them :frown: The best tip I could give to anyone with an interview there soon is you need to come across as really confident almost arrogance, they like that a lot.
Original post by Kabatas
You will be pushed to the limit of your knowledge, to the complete maximum of it. I wasn't able to cope so i broke down in front of them :frown: The best tip I could give to anyone with an interview there soon is you need to come across as really confident almost arrogance, they like that a lot.

I think you must have just have had a bad interview... Mine was so friendly and they knew I wad nervous so were telling me to relax ect. Appearing confident is one of my worst things so I know I didn't come off confident there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kabatas

Ooh, who did you have? :holmes:

As far as I am aware, they don't test your knowledge. Unless you mean of the course and personal statement.

Confidence is a basic interview technique.
Reply 505
Original post by Kabatas

We must have had the same interviewers because mine went like this too!! Although I must admit I didn't break down, I just came out and knew it had gone badly!! It was by far the worst of my 4 interviews....thankfully I came home to an offer from a uni I prefer!
Original post by TattyBoJangles
20% isn't a massive chunk, but it's a fair amount. As those invited to interview will have the academics, UKCAT etc to be potentially made an offer (they'd reject you otherwise), you still have to do well in the interview to actually get an offer.
If that makes sense.

Yeah kind of. So to put it in my own words, they are the weightings, but if someone is clearly not at an adequate level in a specific aspect of the selection criteria (eg in an interview) even if they score perfect marks in other areas they would be rejected?
Reply 507
Original post by KerryMan
So very, very meh.

Yeah same here. Not really sure if I impressed or came across as a tool lol. Just hoping for the best, good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HFleming
We must have had the same interviewers because mine went like this too!! Although I must admit I didn't break down, I just came out and knew it had gone badly!! It was by far the worst of my 4 interviews....thankfully I came home to an offer from a uni I prefer!

Ooh, where did you get an offer from?:eyeball: :smile:
Reply 509
Original post by TattyBoJangles
:hi:

I'm not a 2014 applicant, or a student (yet), but I applied to St Andrews for both 2012 and 2013 entry and am finally starting in September.
If you've any questions, just ask :smile:

Hi, do you have any idea of their entry requirements? IE % Split Academic (Does this take into account GCSEs and A Levels) % PS, % Interview, % UKCat. What is average UKCAT score for successful applicant? How many places are available and what is the geographical split? IE Scottish, International, English Students? Thank you
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 510
Original post by jimmymacmog
Ooh, where did you get an offer from?:eyeball: :smile:

Exeter...so relieved, as a re-applicant I was dreading a repeat of last year!! :smile:
Original post by lisa789
Hi, do you have any idea of their entry requirements? IE % Split Academic (Does this take into account GCSEs and A Levels) % PS, % Interview, % UKCat. What is average UKCAT score for successful applicant? How many places are available and what is the geographical split? IE Scottish, International, English Students? Thank you

1 - http://medicine.st-andrews.ac.uk/prospectus/# Under the tab 'ranking after interview'

2 - Not sure, sorry. My friends and I seem to have between high 600 and middle 700, but I suppose it depends on the scores of everyone else applying

3 - There's between 140 and 150 in our year (I think). Seems to be a pretty even split, but with slightly more Scottish.

(:
Reply 512
Does anyone know if there are any more invitations to interview still to be sent?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 513
Interview for fifth of March. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kmailley
Interview for fifth of March. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Answers your previous question! :wink: good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 515
How are your applications going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kmailley
How are your applications going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've had two interviews and one rejection. Not heard anything from Edinburgh yet, but at the moment I think that's a good thing! Yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Having been rejected because of my ukcat, I see on the stalking thread at least one interview with a score less than many of us who have been rejected.

Has as anyone received feedback on what the cutoff was yet? Or any other feedback?
Reply 518
Original post by Medic applicant
Having been rejected because of my ukcat, I see on the stalking thread at least one interview with a score less than many of us who have been rejected.

Has as anyone received feedback on what the cutoff was yet? Or any other feedback?

What's your UKCAT score? And how do you know you were rejected due to your ukcat score; did the uni staff them-self tell you that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have my interview tomorrow and I am wondering if it is necessary to take my SQA exam certificate and other certificates with me? In Aberdeen I wasn't allowed anything in the interview with me but I'm not sure if this is different?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending