The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Have the offers for interviews come through post or email or ucas? I'm still not getting anything and it feels like I've been waiting months!
Reply 5281
Original post by Esmeralda4
I did yes. Choosing between there and Derby now. Leaning towards Derby as that was my first choice, but the interview at Trent was quite enjoyable and the staff were lovely.

Aww welldone! Congrats! :smile: On the letter for Trent it says something about a group presentation? ..Do they just give u the issue on the spot?..do u remember what kind of issues were given? :smile:
Original post by mjkp
Aww welldone! Congrats! :smile: On the letter for Trent it says something about a group presentation? ..Do they just give u the issue on the spot?..do u remember what kind of issues were given? :smile:

Not sure how much I am allowed to say but it was a task about some aspect of teaching that you then had to present. You're given chance to work on it with your group and it's all very chilled out.
Original post by 4ndy888
wooo i got an offer from UEL my first choice, i just need to pass the literacy part of the skills test. im debating whether to go to my greenwich interview this friday.

Well done! Feel free to join other offer holders here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2542684

:smile:
Reply 5284
Would a suitable education issue be the what the next conservative manifesto will say? 9-6 school days and 7 weeks holiday for the whole year?
Original post by DJ1993
So I'm unbelievably frustrated right now. Applied for a PGCE in Secondary English, which I understand is an already highly competitive course for places as it is. I'm still waiting on references after submitting my application over 3 weeks ago. I got a very good reference from the teacher whose school I run an after school club in, however I am still awaiting my Uni tutors!

I have been pestering her all week. I went to her on Monday; "I'll do this today." Went to her yesterday "Yes, I'm just doing it now." It's reaching midday now, and nothing. I have explained to her that I've been told most courses fill up at the end of January at the latest. I'm being polite as possible, but it's getting me nowhere. I am basically helpless since she is the only tutor that really knows me personally and since I'm still at University I have to give an academic reference. I applied late in the year as it is, and now I've pretty much resigned myself to not getting a place. I may not have even if my reference had got in on time, but it certainly doesn't help.

Why not tell her "The deadline for the application is X of February. I am only waiting for your reference."
Reply 5286
Original post by Samus2
Would a suitable education issue be the what the next conservative manifesto will say? 9-6 school days and 7 weeks holiday for the whole year?

I would say length of school day or timings of school holidays are both suitable issues that are being discussed a lot lately. Just make sure to look at different opinions on them.

xxx
Original post by Amweazel
I've got a conditional offer for Greenwich Primary too! Accepted it- now just have to pass the maths skills test!

Congratulations on your offer :biggrin:

Well done! What age phase are you going to do? I've chosen 3-7. When is your skills test? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jo_Marie
Just wondering whether anyone is interviewing at Roehampton next Wednesday 18th??!!!

Good luck with all your interviews!!

Hi..how long did it take for Roehampton to get back to you after your interview?
Reply 5289
Original post by kpwxx
I would say length of school day or timings of school holidays are both suitable issues that are being discussed a lot lately. Just make sure to look at different opinions on them.

xxx

Thanks! I've been going through papers and forums looking at what students/teachers/parents think about it and the negative and positive impact that it could have on education
Reply 5290
So my tutor finally gave me my reference yesterday. What irritated me was that within 20 minutes of sending her an email, she had both agreed to be a referent and submitted a reference, so she clearly had it sitting waiting to be finished, after claiming she'd get it done "on the day" since Monday. Oh well. None of my courses have closed up, so I'm somewhat optimistic. Even if I get an interview, that'd be grand.

Hopefully if that is the case I'll be back here asking you lot for advice.
Reply 5291
First interview on Monday for secondary science... Can see this weekend being nothing short of mortifying !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5292
Conditional offer from Durham for PGCE primary!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My UCAS says 'conditional' so does that mean conditional offer!!!??

Sorry I just want to check as I'm so confused because it's from Cambridge and I thought my interview went awfully! But it would be 'unsuccessful' otherwise right...? I just thought it would say 'conditional offer' or something instead of just 'conditional' though.

Sorry... I'm just... shocked!!! Also they said it would take another week for a reply - really worried they've done it wrong or something and got me mixed up with someone!!
Original post by rainbowworld

Sorry I just want to check as I'm so confused because it's from Cambridge and I thought my interview went awfully! But it would be 'unsuccessful' otherwise right...? I just thought it would say 'conditional offer' or something instead of just 'conditional' though.

Sorry... I'm just... shocked!!! Also they said it would take another week for a reply - really worried they've done it wrong or something and got me mixed up with someone!!

Pretty sure that's a conditional offer! Well done!
You should be able to click on it and it will explain what the conditions are, although I had to wait for my confirmation letter to see the conditions of my offer.
Reply 5295

Yes it is :smile: click on the red part and it will give you details of the conditions. Congrats ! xx
Original post by bellylaugh
Pretty sure that's a conditional offer! Well done!
You should be able to click on it and it will explain what the conditions are, although I had to wait for my confirmation letter to see the conditions of my offer.

Original post by sbxox
Yes it is :smile: click on the red part and it will give you details of the conditions. Congrats ! xx

Thank you both! Just worked it out! It says I need to wait for a letter to find out the conditions though :smile:
I'm so happy! Someone thinks I'm suitable to be a teacher! This has been such a long time coming I'm so excited!!! I'm still worried I've been mixed up with someone else! I will be less worried when I get the actual letter though :smile:
Reply 5297
Thank you both! Just worked it out! It says I need to wait for a letter to find out the conditions though :smile:
I'm so happy! Someone thinks I'm suitable to be a teacher! This has been such a long time coming I'm so excited!!! I'm still worried I've been mixed up with someone else! I will be less worried when I get the actual letter though :smile:

Haha I was exactly the same! I kept logging on to track to check it was still there.. least you can relax now! bring on September 😃
Original post by sbxox
Haha I was exactly the same! I kept logging on to track to check it was still there.. least you can relax now! bring on September 😃

Haha yes! I've been on track about 100 times tonight! I need to decide whether to attend my other interviews now :/
I'm so happy though! :biggrin:
What happens next when you accept an offer on ucas?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending