The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pharmadoc
Hi! I also found this station particularly difficult.
I had my interview on Tuesday and I just felt the pressure on this station was more so than any other other station.

Overall, I think I mucked up the interview but hey, you gotta have some hope right :-D

Hey, I 100% agree, for some reason I felt so much more under pressure in this one! And I misread the instructions so put myself at a disadvantage :tongue: Oh well :/

I'm sure you did better than you thought :smile: I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Not too long now :smile:
Original post by Dr. Django
The one where you do something for 3 mins and then do something else for the rest.

Guess I'm not the only one who struggled at that station then!
Reply 2142
Original post by Dr. Django
Hey, I 100% agree, for some reason I felt so much more under pressure in this one! And I misread the instructions so put myself at a disadvantage :tongue: Oh well :/

I'm sure you did better than you thought :smile: I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Not too long now :smile:

Me 3! I felt quite rushed at this station :frown: This might just be me but I felt this interview as a whole seemed way more of a 'ticking boxes' kind of interview, compared to my others where it seemed as though they really did want to get a good idea of your personality and qualities.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2143
Did anyone else get a PM from a guy who said he had the Leicester interview already?

At first he was generally asking how I found the interview. Then he wanted me to tell him the questions I got to so he could compare them with what he supposedly had in his interview.

He was extremely persistent, sent me around 6 PM's. Why would someone want to know anyone else's Q's, I tell you some people on TSR are so sneaky. I can't believe the lengths some people would go to in order to get information.

Please be aware of people asking for info and please do not disclose any information about the different stations, after all you are reducing your own chances of getting a place. :smile:
Original post by 0612
Did anyone else get a PM from a guy who said he had the Leicester interview already?

At first he was generally asking how I found the interview. Then he wanted me to tell him the questions I got to so he could compare them with what he supposedly had in his interview.

He was extremely persistent, sent me around 6 PM's. Why would someone want to know anyone else's Q's, I tell you some people on TSR are so sneaky. I can't believe the lengths some people would go to in order to get information.

Please be aware of people asking for info and please do not disclose any information about the different stations, after all you are reducing your own chances of getting a place. :smile:

I had the same message. I have just ignored it. I suggest people do the same.
Reply 2145
Did those woth offers think their interview went well? Out of interest :smile:
Original post by petzneo
I had the same message. I have just ignored it. I suggest people do the same.

I had the same!! I asked them which they found hard and they couldn't reply so I didn't tell them anything, obviously trying to get one up
Reply 2147
Original post by meghollands
I had the same!! I asked them which they found hard and they couldn't reply so I didn't tell them anything, obviously trying to get one up

Perhaps naming and shaming would stop this sort of behaviour:wink:

What do the Mods think?
I had a message from someone saying they had their interview in December for 5 year course, they then listed all the stations they had and asked if it was similar for the grad course... I was curious but they listed all the stations I basically had anyway!
Reply 2149
This is what Perfectchoice wrote in another thread, it makes a lot of sense.

"anybody who discloses information of their interview are actually reducing their chances of an offer, if it means recipients of that information can prepare better for their interview and score higher than the person who discloses the information. Why give somebody else an advantage to take your place? Not everybody interviewed gets an offer so you are in competition still.

To be fair, everybody being interviewed needs to start from the same position of only knowing the information the Uni sends you with the invite."
Original post by 0612
This is what Perfectchoice wrote in another thread, it makes a lot of sense.

"anybody who discloses information of their interview are actually reducing their chances of an offer, if it means recipients of that information can prepare better for their interview and score higher than the person who discloses the information. Why give somebody else an advantage to take your place? Not everybody interviewed gets an offer so you are in competition still.

To be fair, everybody being interviewed needs to start from the same position of only knowing the information the Uni sends you with the invite."

Hear, Hear :biggrin:
Original post by 0612
Perhaps naming and shaming would stop this sort of behaviour:wink:

What do the Mods think?

This was from medapp123

Hey, seen you post on the leicester medicine 2014 forum. Leicester's my only chance now When do you think leicester will get back? Also how did your interview go there?! Which station did you find the hardest? I felt like I messed it up, completely unexpected, especially the station with the actors. Also only managed to finish like half of the maths ones
Reply 2152
This was from medapp123

Hey, seen you post on the leicester medicine 2014 forum. Leicester's my only chance now When do you think leicester will get back? Also how did your interview go there?! Which station did you find the hardest? I felt like I messed it up, completely unexpected, especially the station with the actors. Also only managed to finish like half of the maths ones

OMG! That's the exact message I got from the same person. Just can't believe the cheek of some people. I hope you didn't tell him anything meg:smile:
Original post by 0612
OMG! That's the exact message I got from the same person. Just can't believe the cheek of some people. I hope you didn't tell him anything meg:smile:

I said I'd found the maths hard and that I slipped up (at this point I thought it was legit) and that was all, so nothing specific only things that we knew would be in the interview, but then they emailed me back saying they'd had questions on the staffs hospital scandal and asked me which questions I had, so I just didn't reply.
Reply 2154
I said I'd found the maths hard and that I slipped up (at this point I thought it was legit) and that was all, so nothing specific only things that we knew would be in the interview, but then they emailed me back saying they'd had questions on the staffs hospital scandal and asked me which questions I had, so I just didn't reply.

Yeah, he emailed me back also asking questions about the different stations. As I said please don't fall for this. Its alright giving general advice to some people that are genuinely worried about the interview. I certainly wouldn't want to jeopardise my chances, you never know who has access to the PM's.
This was from medapp123

I had the same PM a few days ago!!!

I was the same as you. I naively replied back, but said something vague like 'I found a few stations quite unnerving' and then the next PM went on to ask how I found the questions about mid staffs scandal, why medicine opposed to nursing and why the high drop out rates in medicine. He also asked me what questions I was asked.

I knew something was fishy then so I ignored the PMs
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by 0612
Yeah, he emailed me back also asking questions about the different stations. As I said please don't fall for this. Its alright giving general advice to some people that are genuinely worried about the interview. I certainly wouldn't want to jeopardise my chances, you never know who has access to the PM's.

Exactly! I know not to discuss it anyway as I want to get in over someone else, as we all do! I just didn't realise people were that dishonest about it really, and I hope no one gives away anything! It was a very sly trick. It's all well and good at the interview helping with confidence, but not telling them the questions and giving them an unfair advantage.
Received the same message. Wouldn't be surprised if medapp123 was one of the admissions tutors trying to catch us out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rainman91
Received the same message. Wouldn't be surprised if medapp123 was one of the admissions tutors trying to catch us out.

Be a bit harsh wouldn't it?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2159
Original post by Rainman91

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doubt it very much. This is just some really clever, really sly person trying to elicit info for their own benefit, It's not any different to cheating. I can't believe this person wants to become a professional respectable Dr. Shame on you medapp123, please have a look at GMC website to see the rules on cheating and on this type of behaviour.

Quick Reply

Latest