The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Turmoil once again at Elland Road, allegedly, the new owner wanted his guy down in the dugout with McDermott, but as he didn't have a controlling stake, it wasn't allowed, so as soon as he acquired the 75% stake he kicked McDermott out. Brian had full backing & respect from the fans and players. It is disgusting how new owner Massimo Cellino thinks he can do this, apparently he has a history of fraud, sounds promosing. Thank you Brian.

Oooooh Briiiiiian McDermotttttttt.
Barnsley sign Emmanuel Frimpong!
Original post by Silver Arrows
Turmoil once again at Elland Road, allegedly, the new owner wanted his guy down in the dugout with McDermott, but as he didn't have a controlling stake, it wasn't allowed, so as soon as he acquired the 75% stake he kicked McDermott out. Brian had full backing & respect from the fans and players. It is disgusting how new owner Massimo Cellino thinks he can do this, apparently he has a history of fraud, sounds promosing. Thank you Brian.

Oooooh Briiiiiian McDermotttttttt.

He's actually been in jail a few times. Dodgy guy
Original post by The Assassin
He's actually been in jail a few times. Dodgy guy

Not the type of person I want in control of the club...
I fear for Leeds again that this guy will ruin the club just like Risdale did.
Not the type of person I want in control of the club...

Apparently your shirt sponsors have terminated their contracts or something? And now Leeds fans are planning to riot tomorrow or something. Bloody hell.

Think he's planning to replace Brian with someone who's struggling in the Italian 3rd division!
Original post by The Assassin
Apparently your shirt sponsors have terminated their contracts or something? And now Leeds fans are planning to riot tomorrow or something. Bloody hell.

Think he's planning to replace Brian with someone who's struggling in the Italian 3rd division!

I'm absolutely disgusted with Leeds & our fans sometimes, if that is the case about planned rioting. Although I'm sure police presence will be tightened tomorrow. Stay safe Huddersfield fan
Reply 127
I'm absolutely disgusted with Leeds & our fans sometimes, if that is the case about planned rioting. Although I'm sure police presence will be tightened tomorrow. Stay safe Huddersfield fan

Welcome to being an Serie A's B team; where you enter the transfer window needing a striker, and exiting it with two less strikers than you started with.

Hope you get Zola as your new manager as well, very nice bloke, attractive football and a great coach by all accounts.
Original post by CraigWM
Welcome to being an Serie A's B team; where you enter the transfer window needing a striker, and exiting it with two less strikers than you started with.

Hope you get Zola as your new manager as well, very nice bloke, attractive football and a great coach by all accounts.

You weren't complaining last season when multiple ownership was reaping the benefits.

Modern football fans don't care who runs their club until things start going badly-we are all guilty of that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 129
Original post by Midlander
You weren't complaining last season when multiple ownership was reaping the benefits.

Modern football fans don't care who runs their club until things start going badly-we are all guilty of that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not blaming the ownership, blaming the Director of Football. Not replaced the players lost correctly and the only striker we brought in was signed up because Arsenal train next to us. We'd be up Coventry's end of the financial spectra without the Pozzos, things remain the best I've ever seen it off the pitch for us, so I'm still content with the state of my club.
Original post by CraigWM
Not blaming the ownership, blaming the Director of Football. Not replaced the players lost correctly and the only striker we brought in was signed up because Arsenal train next to us. We'd be up Coventry's end of the financial spectra without the Pozzos, things remain the best I've ever seen it off the pitch for us, so I'm still content with the state of my club.

Clearly the comments of someone who knows nothing about the situation.
Original post by sr90
In all fairness the players you need to get back into the top flight are hardly going to join a League One team. Get promoted and you can easily make a few solid signings in the summer with Doyle, Hennessy and Relegation Roger's wages off the books. Did you ever get rid of O'Hara? He's probably earning more than Leyton Orient's entire first XI.

Don't get me started. He was put in exile (with Johnson) then was brought back onto the bench for a game. Then had a trial at Blackpool where he was apparently not fit enough & now he's back in exile. Such a waste.
Reply 132
Clearly the comments of someone who knows nothing about the situation.

I lost track about a year ago, haven't heard much about it since.
Original post by CraigWM
I lost track about a year ago, haven't heard much about it since.

Every club is only as wealthy as the amount its owners are prepared to put in. In our case that is a fair bit as the hedge fund owner seems able to con a never ending supply of investors.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hskjlclcn
Don't get me started. He was put in exile (with Johnson) then was brought back onto the bench for a game. Then had a trial at Blackpool where he was apparently not fit enough & now he's back in exile. Such a waste.

No chance of terminating his contract?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ooh - FLS could be interesting: goal line decision goes the way of us, put in by the zimmer frame of Kevin Phillips.
After McDermott's sacking yesterday, 6 teams contacted McCormack's agent. What a player he is. McCormack is Leeds.
West Yorkshire Derby

Leeds 5-1 town lmaoo

Well played Leeds
Good win today, Dicko certainly has started well!

No chance of terminating his contract?

Posted from TSR Mobile

would assume the payout would be something stupid and they are hoping for someone to splash a least a penny on him
A fiery game at Hillsborough today with three sendings off and an extra time match winning goal :lol: excellent news though as the unbeaten run continues.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest