The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3320
I think I'm losing my marbles:eek::nutcase::eek3:

Why have I logged onto myapplication at this hour?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 3321
Original post by 0612
I think I'm losing my marbles:eek::nutcase::eek3:

Why have I logged onto myapplication at this hour?

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me?

Spoiler

Reply 3322
Original post by pkozman

Spoiler

OMG:biggrin: Love it! you had me in stitches literally, nearly fell out of my bed laughing:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 3323
Original post by pkozman

Spoiler

Needed a good laugh:biggrin: after a depressing day of checking my emails very 5 minutes:adore:
Original post by mao127
Hello fellow Malaysian!

I understand that GCSEs weigh significantly for King's. Your advantage.10A*s. Your grades are solid too so that's another one.

For the UKCAT side I'm not really sure. I gathered that they're not using the SJT score. But you really are lacking on the UKCAT side.

King's is known to allow strong academic grades to cover for lesser UKCAT scores and vice versa (I'm banking on this). All the best!

Has anyone you know gotten replies from King's yet?

Hi! Thanks for the info! Yeah I guess my UKCAT is not very strong. But no one from my college got any replies from King's as well, including some of them with really good UKCAT scores.
Offer just came through last night, AAA, can't wait to go to kings :smile: interview was on 20 jan and I really didn't think it went well at the time, so for those still waiting, hang in there!
Reply 3326
Original post by AnnieLondon
Offer just came through last night, AAA, can't wait to go to kings :smile: interview was on 20 jan and I really didn't think it went well at the time, so for those still waiting, hang in there!

congrats!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3327
Rejected from king's last night following interview on 3rd December. Got a portal update but nothing had changed, then ucas track update came later last night and logged on to see the rejection. Stats if anyone's interested:
GCSEs: 10A*s
FSMQ: A (Additional Maths)
AS: AAAA
Achieved A2 (Maths early entry): A*
Predictions: A*A*A*
UKCAT: 745 band 2

Never thought that my interview went particularly well and i guess my interviewers thought that too. Good luck to all others waiting for replies and interviews and well done to those who got offers!
Reply 3328
Got an offer yesterday evening, AAA to include chemistry and biology. So happy :smile: didnt think my grades would quite cut it for kings considering the competition so was so happy to even get an interview. For any of those with an upcoming interview - just relax, smile and if you keep a cool head you'll be absolutely fine!
My stats are:
8a* 3a gcse
AAAB as (bio, chem, english lit, maths)
A*AA a2 predictions (english lit, bio, chem)
UKCAT 767.5
interview on the 13th january.
Original post by akchi96
Got an offer yesterday evening, AAA to include chemistry and biology. So happy :smile: didnt think my grades would quite cut it for kings considering the competition so was so happy to even get an interview. For any of those with an upcoming interview - just relax, smile and if you keep a cool head you'll be absolutely fine!
My stats are:
8a* 3a gcse
AAAB as (bio, chem, english lit, maths)
A*AA a2 predictions (english lit, bio, chem)
UKCAT 767.5
interview on the 13th january.

Congrats, are you a home or international applicant?
Reply 3330
I guess it's rejections for all December interviewees still waiting ... Well it looks like it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rosine
I guess it's rejections for all December interviewees still waiting ... Well it looks like it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't say that! :frown: Be optimistic whilst we still haven't been rejected!!
Going crazy from the wait.
Interviewed 10th Dec.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3333
Original post by Dandaman9999
Don't say that! :frown: Be optimistic whilst we still haven't been rejected!!

WHY are they taking so loong? :cry2:
Original post by Rosine
WHY are they taking so loong? :cry2:

Maybe saving the best for last? :albertein:
Reply 3335
Original post by pneumothorax
Congrats, are you a home or international applicant?

Home :smile: what about you?
Reply 3336
Original post by HJaved1195
Hi fellow applicants, just joined the TSR.:smile:

Firstly, congratulations to all you guys with offers, you must have done great at your interview and I'm sure your offers are well deserved:smile:

I had my kings interview 16th Jan, last Thursday 10.20 and have to say it was a pleasure to even be considered for an interview even if I don't get an offer I know I gave it my all. Kings has always been my favourite university and my first choice, the campus is brilliant and the teaching I've heard is of a great quality especially since it is linked with leading hospitals in Europe.

My interviewers were absolutely lovely ladies, really made me feel at ease and were extremely nice. Now for the long wait, not too long I hope, I really want to know whether I'll get an offer so I can withdraw from my upcoming interviews, firm kings and concentrate on my A levels.:colone:

Good luck to you all and hope you hear some good news soon:biggrin:

Hey mate:smile: I'm sure I know you, I recognise the username. I'll PM you.
Original post by akchi96
Home :smile: what about you?

International......UKCAT-770 band 3......waiting for the interview..:frown:
Reply 3338
Got my rejection for the GEP last night. It was pretty expected, to be honest; the interview really didn't go all that well! Not to worry though, still 3 other choices!
Reply 3339
Original post by pneumothorax
International......UKCAT-770 band 3......waiting for the interview..:frown:

Ah don't worry, I'm sure you'll be ok! Hang in there :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest