The Student Room Group

Cambridge Chemistry Challenge

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rabirabbit
Nope :frown: been stuck for hours...

It's really annoying. I just want to get the month's challenge over and done with otherwise it will be on my mind for the whole month :frown:
Got through Entry, Copper, Silver and Gold and am now stuck on Rg.....This is annoying because we definitely haven't covered the stuff that people have been mentioning (what is hypergeometric distribution? :s-smilie:) any help would be much appreciated!
Original post by hollyleaf988
Got through Entry, Copper, Silver and Gold and am now stuck on Rg.....This is annoying because we definitely haven't covered the stuff that people have been mentioning (what is hypergeometric distribution? :s-smilie:) any help would be much appreciated!

I don't think you need hypergeometric distribution. I think it's just binomial. My stats isn't very good so I couldn't do it.
Original post by CJG21
I don't think you need hypergeometric distribution. I think it's just binomial. My stats isn't very good so I couldn't do it.

Yeah, mine isn't very good either! I'm trying to go about it differently now. I looked up the abundance of nitrogen-15, and am currently trying a probability tree :s-smilie:
Yeah, mine isn't very good either! I'm trying to go about it differently now. I looked up the abundance of nitrogen-15, and am currently trying a probability tree :s-smilie:

Binomial probability is what you need! Don't give up- this one really is annoyingly tricky until you (well, at least kind of) know what you're doing.:wink:
Original post by fizzers
Binomial probability is what you need! Don't give up- this one really is annoyingly tricky until you (well, at least kind of) know what you're doing.:wink:

Yeah, I've just got it (finally!!!) 125th :smile:

Oh well done! :biggrin:

can you help me with rg plz
4 hours on and Rg is still a big question mark. :mad:
Original post by ChemistryQuiz
4 hours on and Rg is still a big question mark. :mad:

7h just for rg question and still nothing :mad:
Original post by happymonkey7
7h just for rg question and still nothing :mad:

I totally understand. It's maddening! I feel like giving up but I don't want to. :frown::mad:
I totally understand. It's maddening! I feel like giving up but I don't want to. :frown::mad:

Any hints for Gold - i have found the specific heat of fusion of the wax but now what do i do?
Original post by ComputeiT
Any hints for Gold - i have found the specific heat of fusion of the wax but now what do i do?

After you find the specific heat of fusion (L), you use the formula,
Q=mL. Mass is already mentioned and your answer's ready! :smile:
After you find the specific heat of fusion (L), you use the formula,
Q=mL. Mass is already mentioned and your answer's ready! :smile:

Thanks Done it! RG....
Thanks Done it! RG....

Congratulations! :smile: Have you figured out Rg? Help, please.
Congratulations! :smile: Have you figured out Rg? Help, please.

On it now...but haven't figured it out!
Original post by rabirabbit
can anyone seriously help on Rg....I'm so stuck and frustrated just putting in random numbers now :s-smilie:

On it now...but haven't figured it out!

Did you get Rg yet? Could I please get some help?

Finished! Rg is very complicated and involves a lot of trial and error...
Finished! Rg is very complicated and involves a lot of trial and error...

can you help me with rg plz im here since midnight:frown:

PM me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest