The Student Room Group

Scly2

Has anyone made predictions for scly2 June 2014 or want to chat about study techniques etc :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Im doing it in june too, i already have a B in it,
I was like 6 ums off an A over all in sociology because of it, i found what works best is essay plans so yeh.
Predications.. hmm, i dont see gender coming up since it was on the 2013 june paper, also i cant see observations appearing either.
Reply 3
Original post by TheAlchemistt
Im doing it in june too, i already have a B in it,
I was like 6 ums off an A over all in sociology because of it, i found what works best is essay plans so yeh.
Predications.. hmm, i dont see gender coming up since it was on the 2013 june paper, also i cant see observations appearing either.

a B in this module or sociology itself? Well done have you done scly1? I done it think I got 62/80 which is a B in scly1... Are you doing your A2 also? :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tink15
a B in this module or sociology itself? Well done have you done scly1? I done it think I got 62/80 which is a B in scly1... Are you doing your A2 also? :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

B in this module, Ive done scly1 too got a B in that, However A2 is so much easier for some reason i got A* in both A2 modules which is weird aha
Reply 5
B in this module, Ive done scly1 too got a B in that, However A2 is so much easier for some reason i got A* in both A2 modules which is weird aha

Wow! Impressive... Have you any tips for A2?! I am doing scly2,3,4 and need an A and wasn't sure whether to repeat scly1 might just leave it so don't have to much work :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tink15
Wow! Impressive... Have you any tips for A2?! I am doing scly2,3,4 and need an A and wasn't sure whether to repeat scly1 might just leave it so don't have to much work :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No point doing unit 1,
Hmm, essay plans are the best to revise from, especially unit 4!
Reply 7
No point doing unit 1,

Hey

You did really well

I am doing Unit 3 and 4 in June....

What text book did you use to revise from?
Original post by 3mmz
Hey

You did really well

I am doing Unit 3 and 4 in June....

What text book did you use to revise from?

No textbooks for any sociology exams, just essay plans i made myself.
Reply 9
No textbooks for any sociology exams, just essay plans i made myself.

Oh but what did you use to get all the info,studies etc.....class notes?
Reply 10
No point doing unit 1,

Did u get essay plans from looking at mark schemes ? Did u get the succeed at sociology revision guides?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 3mmz
Oh but what did you use to get all the info,studies etc.....class notes?

Original post by tink15
Did u get essay plans from looking at mark schemes ? Did u get the succeed at sociology revision guides?

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AS-Level-Sociology-Complete-Specification/dp/0954007956/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391343452&sr=8-1&keywords=sociology+as+aqa

I used that, its pretty in depth however if you make essay plans from it can defo get an A*, i just made essay plans revised for around 5 days (basically learnt the plans word by word) and got high ums
Reply 12
http://www.amazon.co.uk/AS-Level-Sociology-Complete-Specification/dp/0954007956/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391343452&sr=8-1&keywords=sociology+as+aqa

I used that, its pretty in depth however if you make essay plans from it can defo get an A*, i just made essay plans revised for around 5 days (basically learnt the plans word by word) and got high ums

For the a2 did u just use the a2 version?
When did u start revising? Like how did you remember everything
Original post by 3mmz
For the a2 did u just use the a2 version?
When did u start revising? Like how did you remember everything

Yup, and for me im a bit different because sociology was my "odd-subject" because i did sciences and sociology so i wasn't use to the essay's and content so what i found which helped me is that i would cram all the essay plans about a week before the exam. So i would literally know the plans word by word, so in the exam i would write from memory (i had no idea what i was writing i was just writing from memory) Unlucky though i found this technique at A2 hence why i got A*s in A2 and only Bs at AS
Reply 14
Yup, and for me im a bit different because sociology was my "odd-subject" because i did sciences and sociology so i wasn't use to the essay's and content so what i found which helped me is that i would cram all the essay plans about a week before the exam. So i would literally know the plans word by word, so in the exam i would write from memory (i had no idea what i was writing i was just writing from memory) Unlucky though i found this technique at A2 hence why i got A*s in A2 and only Bs at AS

You did well...you must have good memory
I need to remember everything so need to crack on with revison

I find the religon section hard:frown:
Original post by 3mmz
You did well...you must have good memory
I need to remember everything so need to crack on with revison

I find the religon section hard:frown:

Yeh not going to lie, unit 3 is pretty hard, imo unit 4 is very easy compared to unit 3, but hang in there and im sure you will get the A*'s
Reply 16
Yeh not going to lie, unit 3 is pretty hard, imo unit 4 is very easy compared to unit 3, but hang in there and im sure you will get the A*'s

Yeah
I think cos crime and d, we can relate to it much more
scly2 predictions? functionalism....maybe ethnicity...anyone knwo of anything else?

Quick Reply