The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You're not allowed a calculator in C1 right?

Do they actually expect you to solve quadratics via the equation even if you get something like 9n^2-n-2000 without a calculator?

(Question came up in sums and series)
Original post by Bude8
You're not allowed a calculator in C1 right?

Do they actually expect you to solve quadratics via the equation even if you get something like 9n^2-n-2000 without a calculator?

(Question came up in sums and series)

Nope you're not allowed.

You sure about that one?
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Nope you're not allowed.

You sure about that one?

Well, I was helping a friend with her maths homework and that quadratic came up, and in the textbook there are quadratic equations that go to 3 SF so...

Edit: Booked Pembroke College open day 17/04 (Science) if anyone wants to come and meet up?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8483
I have a question, say if I get A* A B at Alevel and I need AAA to get into a uni course, would I be able to get in?
Original post by Bude8
Well, I was helping a friend with her maths homework and that quadratic came up, and in the textbook there are quadratic equations that go to 3 SF so...

Edit: Booked Pembroke College open day 17/04 (Science) if anyone wants to come and meet up?

Oh :s-smilie: that's unusual...

Oooh! I don't know whether to go to a subject specific one or general open day.

How many heads would turn if a year 10 decided to go? Considering I want to do Pembroke Science?

Posted from TSR Mobile

up to you... I see you as a mathematician/scientist... But still, if you're going to the Pembroke one I'll see you there! (I chose it based on the pros and cons on the wiki and my personal preferences, and it's during one of my holidays so...)

Original post by Obiejess
How many heads would turn if a year 10 decided to go? Considering I want to do Pembroke Science?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Year 10 and you already know which college you want to go to? That's a bit early imo...
Original post by Bude8
up to you... I see you as a mathematician/scientist... But still, if you're going to the Pembroke one I'll see you there! (I chose it based on the pros and cons on the wiki and my personal preferences, and it's during one of my holidays so...)

Year 10 and you already know which college you want to go to? That's a bit early imo...

Yeah well im a bit early. Do you think theyd have a problem with it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Yeah well im a bit early. Do you think theyd have a problem with it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd email them. But depending on how competitive the bookings are, it might be best you don't go so another Y12 person can go instead...
Original post by Bude8
I'd email them. But depending on how competitive the bookings are, it might be best you don't go so another Y12 person can go instead...

Fair enough. Might email still though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lol: I think it's a bit strange.
Original post by Bude8

Hmmmm, I'll see! Living far away doesn't help :colonhash:
:lol: I think it's a bit strange.

Hmmmm, I'll see! Living far away doesn't help :colonhash:

How far? It's about a 2 hour drive for me so...
Tbh I just wanna do Uni asap

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
How far? It's about a 2 hour drive for me so...

Well Cardiff, so it'd take a good few hours.

Hmmmm... Don't know if to ask my mum, or go with friends if they're gonna go.
Reply 8494
anybody booked open days at U of Leeds or U of Sheffield ??
When are these open days guys?
Reply 8496
I don't even believe this. Night before physics coursework presentation and the file with the ppt/script has been corrupted.

Kind of stuck now.
Currently having a super time in France on my exchange, love speaking French everywhere!
Original post by Bude8

At least in my textbook (OCR), the C1 exercises may require calculators, even if you wouldn't actually get questions requiring them (although with quadratics, leaving answers in fractional form is fine).

Might come to Pembroke...
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by aasvogel
Currently having a super time in France on my exchange, love speaking French everywhere!

Ooh, see I don't want to do an actual exchange per se...

Is everyone telling you how good your French is?:tongue:

Latest