The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DocTSR
Oh ok Thankyou! :smile: I'm probabaly loosing all hope if I dont hear by the end of next week :tongue: .. comsidering the last day is 26th .. as mentioned by people from previous posts ... the wait is soo long!! Urghh!

Same here.... I thought I was guaranteed an interview here :L

have you heard from anywhere else?
You could have excelled at your interview at York, you never know!!!
When will they tell you whether they will take you or not?

and wish you best of luck for Barts and Sheffield!

I am still waiting for Durham too but I think I didn't make the cut-off so a rejection is probably coming my way soon :L (wish I have a super power to block rejections) :L
Original post by hello101
AA101 rejection ..., absolutely gutted reason is increased competition ...... Wtf ....how can they say that when the admissions said they rank on Ukcat only ????? That is not right ... That is not right .. Ps
Ukcat 750

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear that Hello :frown: Was the cut off 752.5 like you said a while back, if so then that's probably why they gave that response as in it's generic. Hopefully your other choices will give you a place :biggrin: Chin up :smile:
Original post by raveen789
Sorry to hear that Hello :frown: Was the cut off 752.5 like you said a while back, if so then that's probably why they gave that response as in it's generic. Hopefully your other choices will give you a place :biggrin: Chin up :smile:

Thank u for ur kind words ... It didn't say anything about Ukcat ( I suspect I meet the Ukcat limit ) coz rejection was via Ucas and the reasoning was increased competition ...

Well I have no more graduate appliatctions I.e. A101 left which is a shame considering the feedback I get from people I work with... ( I know they might just be saying that to be nice but the number of people who have said how suited I am for gem course .) anyways no point massaging own ego ... I hope I get in 5 year .........

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hello101
Thank u for ur kind words ... It didn't say anything about Ukcat ( I suspect I meet the Ukcat limit ) coz rejection was via Ucas and the reasoning was increased competition ...

Well I have no more graduate appliatctions I.e. A101 left which is a shame considering the feedback I get from people I work with... ( I know they might just be saying that to be nice but the number of people who have said how suited I am for gem course .) anyways no point massaging own ego ... I hope I get in 5 year .........

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I hope so too! Honestly the UKCAT is just a bummer, it took me three attempts to actually get a good score and 2 application cycles to get an offer. One cycle I did not apply just because my UKCAT was so bad. So I can empathise but hopefully you can get a place on the A100 :smile:
Reply 2065
I wish I did! Hahaha .. mid February to end of Feb. Haha .. doesn't everyone wish to have those powers? :smile: and Thank You! Where else have you applied? Did you have previous interviews? :L ... Nah like they say .. you never know until its all over! Maybe 730 was cut-off for UKCAT? :biggrin: and you are over it so its all good :smile: (It cannot be higher than that surely!!! 730!!!) Whats your top choice??
Still haven't heard anything...(A100 applicant)
Original post by DocTSR
I wish I did! Hahaha .. mid February to end of Feb. Haha .. doesn't everyone wish to have those powers? :smile: and Thank You! Where else have you applied? Did you have previous interviews? :L ... Nah like they say .. you never know until its all over! Maybe 730 was cut-off for UKCAT? :biggrin: and you are over it so its all good :smile: (It cannot be higher than that surely!!! 730!!!) Whats your top choice??

I couldn't decide whether it's Durham or Barts! Funny thing is that neither have invited me to their interviews (yet).
I'm having St George's interview this Tuesday. A little nervous!
and St Andrew's on 20th.
Reply 2068
Original post by oyyoyy
Finally got my invitation for interview! [though I have 3 offers already so idk if I'll even take it..]

Original post by MakeMeDocPlzNow
Reject it plz lol

LOOOL Yes please :bawling::bawling:
I wonder if I've met any of you this week :p:

I was helping with tours on Wednesday morning and Thursday afternoon :smile:
Original post by FFCrusader

Were you doing tours last Tuesday at all :biggrin:
Reply 2071
Original post by alicia2908
Maybe this will be helpful to those still wondering if they will obtain an interview.

A100 applicant, interview on 17th feb, 747.5 UKCAT, 675 ucas tariff, A*A*A*A prediction. A achieved already in English Literature AS.

Ohh great tariff and UKCAT! Welldone! Cheers for sharing that! One of my friends had a much lower UKCAT and UCAS to you and already had interview .. so maybe they are checking PS?? and overall wok experience etc?? :tongue:
Reply 2072

I was there on Wednesday morning!
Original post by raveen789
Were you doing tours last Tuesday at all :biggrin:

Afraid not!

Original post by JTSF
I was there on Wednesday morning!

I must have seen you! :beard:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2074
Afraid not!

I must have seen you! :beard:

If you came over and spoke to me, I was the guy who was into medical research.
Hello, I am in a bit of a sticky situation,
I have an interview for barts, however I do not want to carry on with one of my subjects, because its getting too much and I do not want to jeapordise gettin 3As

My current UCAS tariff points- 660
UKCAT-682.5

However my UCAS points will go down to 580, which would probably mean my interview will be taken away from me,
However I want to pick up another AS which require little work (Critical thinking) and hopefully be predicted 640/630

Would barts take into consideration this change in tariff points now that I have an interview or not? Thank you :smile:
Original post by science-oliver
Hello, I am in a bit of a sticky situation,
I have an interview for barts, however I do not want to carry on with one of my subjects, because its getting too much and I do not want to jeapordise gettin 3As

My current UCAS tariff points- 660
UKCAT-682.5

However my UCAS points will go down to 580, which would probably mean my interview will be taken away from me,
However I want to pick up another AS which require little work (Critical thinking) and hopefully be predicted 640/630

Would barts take into consideration this change in tariff points now that I have an interview or not? Thank you :smile:

You better give them a call ASAP I think. I don't think anyone here will provide better info than the admissions office about this, and you don't want to jeopardize your chances by listening to someone here and realising they were wrong :redface:
Original post by Dandaman9999
You better give them a call ASAP I think. I don't think anyone here will provide better info than the admissions office about this, and you don't want to jeopardize your chances by listening to someone here and realising they were wrong :redface:

Thank you for your quick reply, I shall be on the phone to them tomorrow :smile:
Many universities don't consider Critical Thinking in terms of A Levels so make sure you check regarding that subject
Original post by sweeny-tom
Had my interview this Wednesday. No need to panic guys, they're not fire breathing dragons. There was a calm atmosphere and questions were always leading and sometimes had a small prompt to them. Nothing ever seemed accusatory or to be an attack. Good luck to you all guys. Roll on mid-March.

Any of you guys still with interviews to come: I have just heard one of the senior guys who was interviewing here last week complaining how few candidates had a clue about Barts or about the course. Thought you might like to know:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending