The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8280
Original post by Malevolent
Okay whats your reasoning for Kuechly getting DPOTY. That list shows Bowman did more besides jut be a tackle machine.

Sure Kuechly is a great player but there were better players and that includes 3 in the same position. The media are obsessed with Kuechly since he came into the league.

Doesn't matter what I say I'm sure you'll have a stat to disprove me. But for example quoting the sacks stat when the 49ers from my knowledge blitz line backers way more than the panthers... Doesn't prove anything.
Original post by ..DT..
Doesn't matter what I say I'm sure you'll have a stat to disprove me. But for example quoting the sacks stat when the 49ers from my knowledge blitz line backers way more than the panthers... Doesn't prove anything.

Bowman doesn't usually blitz its normally Willis or Smith. Bowman had to step up this season with Willis hurt. You know why Kuechly doesn't have many sacks? because hes pretty terrible at rushing the passer. Gets stopped before the next level too easily.
Reply 8282
What did rivers come back from? A doggy oline? I guess. An insult to the man tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 419
What did rivers come back from? A doggy oline? I guess. An insult to the man tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bit of an odd one but I wasn't surprised he got it.
Reply 8284
Wait Bowman didn't even get a vote? :confused:
Reply 8285
Yeah Thomas, probably the best safety in the game right now. Without him the LOB wouldn't work because they wouldn't be able to put Bam Bam Kam in run stop/shallow cover looks as much and whilst he can pass cover well enough, Kam's not really quick enough covering the deep routes but the guy is 230 pounds so that was never going to be his strong suit. That man cover 1 deep is facilitated by how good Earl Thomas is he's just such a well balanced guy. He also has quality stats on the year so you could make a case for him too!

For all the flag football talk we still seem to finding high quality, exciting defensive players, year in and year out.

On another, more Superbowl related note. I'm not actually concerned about Manning really, he'll most probably be very good but the Hawks knew that. I am scared about Pot Roast. If he blows up, the Seahawks are as good as dead. Wilson can't take as many sacks as he has been tonight or it's going to be game over.
This battle will be won in the trenches.
Are they not showing the Superbowl on BBC anymore :emo: I guess I'll have to stream...
Original post by Birdman1234567
Are they not showing the Superbowl on BBC anymore :emo: I guess I'll have to stream...

It's on channel 4, if that helps
Reply 8289
Not sure whether to stay up and watch the superbowl or whether to get some sleep and go shopping tomorrow morning.
Reply 8290
Original post by Malevolent
This battle will be won in the trenches.

Original post by chrissy_h
It's on channel 4, if that helps

Original post by senz72
Not sure whether to stay up and watch the superbowl or whether to get some sleep and go shopping tomorrow morning.

Any of you guys know whether Channel 4 will have the big advertisements (the $4m ones) or will they have their own advertisements??
Reply 8291
Original post by Nerd2
Any of you guys know whether Channel 4 will have the big advertisements (the $4m ones) or will they have their own advertisements??

I'd think own adverts. Colin Murray is presenting. It's either him + few others or the three on SS1, with that stupid English analyst on the right.

They just get the sport feeds from an American network.
Reply 8292
Original post by Nerd2

Their own
This is going to be the first superbowl that I'm going to watch. Looking forward to it :biggrin:
Reply 8294
Original post by alexsong
Their own

Damn!

Will have to stream it then.
Reply 8295
Original post by Nerd2
Damn!

Will have to stream it then.

Watch them tomorrow online ? I woudn't pass up HD and less ads for the sake of the superbowl ads personally
Original post by Nerd2

Their own.

No point Channel 4 showing adverts for Wendy's and Sprint/Verizon when we don't have either :wink:

Edit: actually, will the adverts be on during the pre-game show or just durin the game?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8297
Original post by CJG21
This is going to be the first superbowl that I'm going to watch. Looking forward to it :biggrin:

Awesome :biggrin:

Think its my 10th tonight, most anticipated one as well as its got my favourite team in it! Can't call this one, its hard to see anyone stop the freight train that is Manning and the Broncos, but then the Seahawks defense is bloody brilliant, so who knows. Go 'Hawks:biggrin:
Reply 8298
Original post by UniMastermindBOSS
Their own.

No point Channel 4 showing adverts for Wendy's and Sprint/Verizon when we don't have either :wink:

Edit: actually, will the adverts be on during the pre-game show or just durin the game?

I read on twitter there will be no adverts on C4 from the beginning of the 3rd Quarter.
Original post by Olie
Awesome :biggrin:

Think its my 10th tonight, most anticipated one as well as its got my favourite team in it! Can't call this one, its hard to see anyone stop the freight train that is Manning and the Broncos, but then the Seahawks defense is bloody brilliant, so who knows. Go 'Hawks:biggrin:

I don't know who to support :dontknow:

Latest