The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3480
Quite interesting though, Barca may be third now if Real win today.
Original post by qua
Ridiculous that people expect them to crumble, really. Their defensive work and pressing is excellent. A little dirty for my taste but extremely hard to break down.

Hopefully Villa's injury is nothing serious, would be a shame for them to lose him.

Simeone has done a ridiculously good job with the limited resources he has at Atleti. If you compare their squad to Real and Barca, they are overachieving quite considerably. Would even make them dark horses for the CL, they'll cruise past Milan haha.

Yeah agreed about Villa, he complements Costa extremely well so would be disappointing if he's out for a long period.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Quite interesting though, Barca may be third now if Real win today.

Doubt they'll win, Bilbao been all over them. Think it'll be a draw tbh.
Reply 3483
Original post by TheInvincibles14
Doubt they'll win, Bilbao been all over them. Think it'll be a draw tbh.

I may watch a bit. In library though. Tbh I just expect real to win these games.

Plus since my beloved Sociedad just got a spanking, I'd rather Real win this game so we still have a chance of a CL spot.
Reply 3484
Simeone has done a ridiculously good job with the limited resources he has at Atleti. If you compare their squad to Real and Barca, they are overachieving quite considerably. Would even make them dark horses for the CL, they'll cruise past Milan haha.

Yeah agreed about Villa, he complements Costa extremely well so would be disappointing if he's out for a long period.

Definitely. Atléti are beasting it this season.

I think last season their aims were to just qualify for the CL. But they have a very good chance of winning the title this year. May put a bet on Atléti to win the CL if/when they get past Milan.
I may watch a bit. In library though. Tbh I just expect real to win these games.

Plus since my beloved Sociedad just got a spanking, I'd rather Real win this game so we still have a chance of a CL spot.

Definitely. Atléti are beasting it this season.

I think last season their aims were to just qualify for the CL. But they have a very good chance of winning the title this year. May put a bet on Atléti to win the CL if/when they get past Milan.

Bilbao should be ahead, missed chances might come back to haunt them though since all Ronaldo needs is one chance. Sociedad just crumbled in that game, would take back Vela at Arsenal, we need a striker who can dribble and take on people. Giroud is too one dimensional. Reckon Vela's a better finisher than Giroud too.

I think they were 8/1 to win the title a few weeks ago, so overpriced. Price probably dropped quite a lot. We should both put a cheeky fiver on Atleti for CL, gonna check odds now :tongue:

Better of putting the bet on them to win the CL now btw, since odds will get shorter when they beat Milan.
Benzema is so ****.
Reply 3487
Bilbao should be ahead, missed chances might come back to haunt them though since all Ronaldo needs is one chance. Sociedad just crumbled in that game, would take back Vela at Arsenal, we need a striker who can dribble and take on people. Giroud is too one dimensional. Reckon Vela's a better finisher than Giroud too.

I think they were 8/1 to win the title a few weeks ago, so overpriced. Price probably dropped quite a lot. We should both put a cheeky fiver on Atleti for CL, gonna check odds now :tongue:

Better of putting the bet on them to win the CL now btw, since odds will get shorter when they beat Milan.

Decent odds. 14/1.

Chelsea are on 12/1 at betfair. May put a bet on them too.
Original post by little_tom
Based on my experience of visiting Madrid, I would say that the players are a good representation of the population that live there. Utterly useless & classless plebs that offer nothing to the real world.

Really? Add to that racist and you have your typical Catalan. The capital is by far the most advanced part of Spain.
Original post by Wilfred Little
:cool:

Two goals for him, and impressive from Atletico all round, hopefully Real Madrid slip up in 10 minutes.

BTW who do you support?

Just the one goal. Diego Costa got one and it was Diego (Ribas) with the other. I was on about Diego Ribas, he's just returned to Atléti after he had a loan spell with them a few seasons ago. Easy to get confused as there are a few Diegos in this squad; Diego Costa, Diego Ribas, Diego Godin and just throw in Diego Simeone for good measure!

I'm a Porto fan but have had a soft spot for Atléti since the great Luis Aragonés (sad news about the passing of him yesterday, a true Atléti great) guided them to promotion in 2002 and then my eyes watched a (very) young Fernando Torres and I was hooked. 12 years later that soft spot remains.
Reply 3490
And Bilbao score :cool:

Ibai scores everytime he comes off the bench. True gamechanger
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by qua
And Bilbao score :cool:

Ibai scores everytime he comes off the bench. True gamechanger

but what do you want to do for valentines though

(srs)
Reply 3492
Great save from Lopez.

That's why Casillas ain't in the team.
Original post by ra-ra-ra
Just the one goal. Diego Costa got one and it was Diego (Ribas) with the other. I was on about Diego Ribas, he's just returned to Atléti after he had a loan spell with them a few seasons ago. Easy to get confused as there are a few Diegos in this squad; Diego Costa, Diego Ribas, Diego Godin and just throw in Diego Simeone for good measure!

:eek::eek::eek:

I feel like a dick now, I watched the match as well, was sure I saw Costa running away twice.

In my defence I was half arsing it and had it on in the background.

I'm a Porto fan but have had a soft spot for Atléti since the great Luis Aragonés (sad news about the passing of him yesterday, a true Atléti great) guided them to promotion in 2002 and then my eyes watched a (very) young Fernando Torres and I was hooked. 12 years later that soft spot remains.

:cool:

I think we're all hoping the can break the Barca/Real Madrid monopoly and win the title this year.

Why Porto? Top posts btw.
Good to see Atletico Madrid three points clear :smile:

That R.Madrid/Bilbao game showed why Spanish football will never be on the same level as English football. The referee was terrible, and so are most Spanish referee's. Ronaldo was constantly getting fouled all night and the referee did nothing. Then when Ronaldo contested for headers, it was always an automatic Bilbao freekick. The red card scenario was a disgrace. Why did only one Bilbao player get a yellow card when there were 3+ Bilbao players pushing Ronaldo? Either send Ronaldo off, along with the three Bilbao players. Or just yellow card the lot.

Ah well, at least Atletico are looking good for the title now.
How did ronaldo get a red card? Bilbao player pushes him and then another bilbao player headbutts him, no card.. and that bilbao player that dived was a disgrace.
Original post by Pistol 33
How did ronaldo get a red card? Bilbao player pushes him and then another bilbao player headbutts him, no card.. and that bilbao player that dived was a disgrace.

Lol, ronaldo dick suckers out in force tonight. You can't raise your hand to someone's face. Clear red card.
Original post by Pistol 33

Who cares, at least a bit of karma is restoring some balance in that pathetic league of theirs. Remember earlier in the season when Real stole 3 points from some relegation team after Pepe dived in the last minute? (can't remember who they were playing)
[QUOTE="Jordooooom;46219451"]Lol, ronaldo dick suckers out in force tonight. You can't raise your hand to someone's face. Clear red card.[/QUOTE

How about the headbutt from that bilbao player. Why did he not even receive a yellow? If you think ronaldo touching someones hair is a red, then surely the headbutt and push deserves a red?
Original post by little_tom
but what do you want to do for valentines though

(srs)

Smooth Thomas. Real smooth

(srs)

Latest