The Student Room Group

3 June 2014 English Language Exam AQA GCSE

Any helpful hints or tips to share, as i really need a B in my English GCSE, and i really need help! If you got any helpful suggestion to revise, or know any about the exam please share it with me... Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amy_brain
Any helpful hints or tips to share, as i really need a B in my English GCSE, and i really need help! If you got any helpful suggestion to revise, or know any about the exam please share it with me... Thanks

Why exactly do you "need" a B?
Mr bruff on youtube, he goes through AQA foundation and higher paper thoroughly. He helped me get from a D in my first mock to 3 marks off an A* in my second.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Ben4
Mr bruff on youtube, he goes through AQA foundation and higher paper thoroughly. He helped me get from a D in my first mock to 3 marks off an A* in my second.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's impressive! Were you normally an A grade student though.... or were you a consistent D grade student?
Original post by GoldGhost
That's impressive! Were you normally an A grade student though.... or were you a consistent D grade student?

Well English is not my best subject in my Coursework I have a C and when I did a English language mock I got a D (3 marks off a C) in December, and I did another mock 3 weeks ago and got an A. But I worked hard and watched all the mr bruff videos.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Hi what is your brothers Youtube Channel
Original post by zimzim40
Hi what is your brothers Youtube Channel

Not my brothers lol, search mr bruff on youtube

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by majmuh24
Why exactly do you "need" a B?

Because that is my target grade
Reply 8
Original post by Ben4

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, i will try it out
Original post by amy_brain
Because that is my target grade

My target grade is an A and I'm getting Cs at the moment, it's really not that important. As long as you get what you are satisfied with and what you need to do your sixth form choices, it's fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by majmuh24
My target grade is an A and I'm getting Cs at the moment, it's really not that important. As long as you get what you are satisfied with and what you need to do your sixth form choices, it's fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly, therefore i will be satisfied with a B or above, i cant get below a B.
Original post by Ben4
Well English is not my best subject in my Coursework I have a C and when I did a English language mock I got a D (3 marks off a C) in December, and I did another mock 3 weeks ago and got an A. But I worked hard and watched all the mr bruff videos.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's extremely impressive. Is the teaching at your school good? I'm very curious because that's extremely impressive to go up from a 'D' to an 'A'.
That's extremely impressive. Is the teaching at your school good? I'm very curious because that's extremely impressive to go up from a 'D' to an 'A'.

I don't think it's any better than other schools? My English teacher is quite good and I went back for extra time after school. It paid off!! But now need to get coursework to a higher grade :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
We'll realistically you cannot revise for English language... You just need to know the techniques.. Do past papers.. And if you have coursework try to aim for at least an A
Original post by Farah_786
We'll realistically you cannot revise for English language... You just need to know the techniques.. Do past papers.. And if you have coursework try to aim for at least an A

I have 78/80 for coursework (provisional grade) is that likely to be a high A*?
Original post by Ben4
I don't think it's any better than other schools? My English teacher is quite good and I went back for extra time after school. It paid off!! But now need to get coursework to a higher grade :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was just wondering, are you aiming for an A or A* overall?
I was just wondering, are you aiming for an A or A* overall?

I was intentionally aiming with B, but not I know I can achieve an A then I may aim for an A/A* overall but definitely aiming for A/A* in the exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who's already done the coursework here? Really need help with A* structure for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ben4

Posted from TSR Mobile

I should definitely start revising like the way you did!

Quick Reply