The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4860
Original post by corax
Does anyone know if there will be anymore offer holder days other than the 9th April?

Posted from TSR Mobile

they will respond to everyone by the end of of March, I don't think there is another offers holder days because of that. You can visit LSE on your own anyways.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 4861
Original post by arminb
they will respond to everyone by the end of of March, I don't think there is another offers holder days because of that. You can visit LSE on your own anyways.

Ah damn not sure whether I'll be able to make it :/ Would of thought they'd have a few days.

By visiting on your own, do you mean just looking around the buildings and that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4862
Original post by corax
Ah damn not sure whether I'll be able to make it :/ Would of thought they'd have a few days.

By visiting on your own, do you mean just looking around the buildings and that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes, you can only look around the campus, the open day is much better, they have tester sessions for each subject.
Reply 4863
Original post by eloo
When did you all guys who have invitation for the UGAA apply? :smile:

I applied on Jan 15th
Original post by eugenia_
I have! I'm an Italian Law applicant...what about you?

Yes. Indian applicant for Economics.
Original post by Arran_M
Has anyone had any news from the History/International relations department yet?

Rejection for IR and history exactly 2 weeks after application on the basis of not currently having strong enough grades (mature student, but I'm expanding my already good grades, not retaking??). So, yeah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4866
rejection for L100 economics. A week overdue after the strongest email. They did not give any reasons though. So upset.
Original post by SUNNYOX
rejection for L100 economics. A week overdue after the strongest email. They did not give any reasons though. So upset.

So sorry to hear about this..dont worry im sure you have other offers(: I am really confused about this whole lse procedure now. I mean they shouldnt give such a promising email about you being the strongest applicant and then reject you idk, it hurts more than just a rejection. I applied lse econs too, kinda just waiting for my rejection letter i guess
Reply 4868
3.5 weeks overdue after strongest mail... Mmmm, time to call them?
Original post by dutchie1

Do it and let us know what they say...!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dutchie1

I would wait till this friday then call after.
Reply 4871
why does it seem like people who hear back after the 'strongest in the cycle' 4 week deadline are usually getting rejected? this is making me so nervous! has anyone received an offer after the 4 week deadline?
Reply 4872
it really just feels like they don't really want me that much, which explains why they haven't stick to their deadlines for me.
Nervous as hell and I am only about 2 weeks in my 4 weeks mail. I have no idea what experience those who are 2 weeks over their 4 weeks mail.
Original post by Blackfyre
Nervous as hell and I am only about 2 weeks in my 4 weeks mail. I have no idea what experience those who are 2 weeks over their 4 weeks mail.

Just wait till you get to 3 weeks AFTER your 4 week. Dying is not the word. If I hear nothing from them on Friday, ringing the admissions office next monday morning.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gracelich
Just wait till you get to 3 weeks AFTER your 4 week. Dying is not the word. If I hear nothing from them on Friday, ringing the admissions office next monday morning.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have goosebumps only by thinking about this, do you have any other offers that make the waiting easier?
Original post by Blackfyre
I have goosebumps only by thinking about this, do you have any other offers that make the waiting easier?

I have a conditional from Leeds and unconditionals from Leicester and Nottingham. Sent my questionnaire back to UCL for History on 25th Jan....so should hear back by the end of Feb? You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gracelich
I have a conditional from Leeds and unconditionals from Leicester and Nottingham. Sent my questionnaire back to UCL for History on 25th Jan....so should hear back by the end of Feb? You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got offers from St. Andrews, Edinburgh and UCL, waiting on King's and LSE. LSE is the only one which makes me tremble like a 9 years old girl. Best of luck to you with your application.
Original post by ida3388
why does it seem like people who hear back after the 'strongest in the cycle' 4 week deadline are usually getting rejected? this is making me so nervous! has anyone received an offer after the 4 week deadline?

I applied for Phil&Econ and got an offer after about 1.5 weeks into it. I think these emails are generic and they go in the order (acknowledgment, 2 weeks etc..) so even if they want to keep your application for a week, they'll send you a 4 week email or whatever you're supposed to get at that time. Your application may be supposed to be held for two months but you'll only get a 2 week email if that's the one that's due for you. Hope this helps and good luck. :smile:
I'm almost 2 weeks past my 7 week email including Christmas and I haven't received the strongest email yet

Quick Reply

Latest