The Student Room Group

Signal Cascade- Activation of Glycogen Phosphorylase

For our homework this week, we were given this cascade and asked to explain what's happening at each part, any key terms, such as (b-allosteric), and what the (Pi)'s mean, I was wondering where I could find this information? I was hoping to get some research done but I can't seem to find any sources, I'd hate to ask one person to explain this and key concepts; but if anybody has any insight into sources or can supply information then I'd really appreciate it!

Reply 1
Original post by Eskyy
For our homework this week, we were given this cascade and asked to explain what's happening at each part, any key terms, such as (b-allosteric), and what the (Pi)'s mean, I was wondering where I could find this information? I was hoping to get some research done but I can't seem to find any sources, I'd hate to ask one person to explain this and key concepts; but if anybody has any insight into sources or can supply information then I'd really appreciate it!

Pi is just a phosphate. You might want to read up on allosteric regulation of enzymes, and how the presence of second messenger molecules (eg AMP) can influence and regulate enzyme activity.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending