The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

For the females going to/at uni!!

Hi ladies!
It has crossed my mind that being a student that likes to go out, I will end up partying a lot whilst at University, well a lot in the first year anyway..
I personally don't own a pair of heels that's smaller than 5'' and I can see how this will be a problem for me!!
This is a classic shoewear problem.
I don't know if most females still do go out with such high heels, or they end up wearing flats/low heels?
I see females wearing flats on nights out and I don't know how they do it, I'm 5'2 and I've NEVER gone on a night out without heels!
what would/do you do?!?!
Reply 1
See this is where my problem lies as i am 5'9 so i dont really need to wear heels, i own plenty but i just find that comfort always wins, if im not comfortable i will not wear heels and also im like a giant :') i guess its personal preference at the end of the day, if you are comfy in heels wear them, if not then dont :smile:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by LaurenQ95
See this is where my problem lies as i am 5'9 so i dont really need to wear heels, i own plenty but i just find that comfort always wins, if im not comfortable i will not wear heels and also im like a giant :') i guess its personal preference at the end of the day, if you are comfy in heels wear them, if not then dont :smile:

wearing heels most definitely hurts towards the end of the night and I don't think I'd be able to keep wearing them if i'd be going out a lot.
I also don't think I'd like to wear flats as I'd look mega short in front of everyone lol :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by Anita.V
wearing heels most definitely hurts towards the end of the night and I don't think I'd be able to keep wearing them if i'd be going out a lot.
I also don't think I'd like to wear flats as I'd look mega short in front of everyone lol :frown:

Well what i would do is go out in heels but like you said about towards the end of the night they hurt, put some pumps in your bag, i know that you can buy fold up pumps, they come in real handy on a night out :smile:
I never wear heels any more tbh, and I'm always the shortest person around too.

Quick Reply

Latest