Exeter

Flexible combined honours 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Gaia96
oh cool!
Social, Historical, and Political Sciences :biggrin:

My reply was meant to say psychology haha:smile:
But yeah haven't heard anything, not even an email saying they are still looking at it :frown: just want to know!! kept refreshing my emails every hour today
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 21
Original post by luycw
My reply was meant to say psychology haha:smile:
But yeah haven't heard anything, not even an email saying they are still looking at it :frown: just want to know!! kept refreshing my emails every hour today

Ugh i know me too! and ill be so disappointed if they dont give me an offer.......

is it a competitive course? how many people do they even accept...
Reply 22
Original post by Gaia96
Ugh i know me too! and ill be so disappointed if they dont give me an offer.......

is it a competitive course? how many people do they even accept...

Yeah I've heard it's really competitive :/ I'm not sure how many people though! Yeah sane, it's the one I want the most!
Reply 23
I applied for Bsc Psychology but decided to change it into Flexible Combined Honours. Now I got an offer for a FCH combining Philosophy and Psychology (BPS accredited pathway).
A representative of Exeter told me that it was easier to change into FCH if the two subjects had similar entry requirement. I believe this theory applys to people who are directly applying for FCH too.
Hope it helps! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by devils
I applied for Bsc Psychology but decided to change it into Flexible Combined Honours. Now I got an offer for a FCH combining Philosophy and Psychology (BPS accredited pathway).
A representative of Exeter told me that it was easier to change into FCH if the two subjects had similar entry requirement. I believe this theory applys to people who are directly applying for FCH too.
Hope it helps! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You applied this year? What was your offer?
Reply 25
Original post by luycw
You applied this year? What was your offer?

Yes, I applied this year! :smile:
My offer is AAA for a FCH combining Philosophy and Psychology. :wink:
Reply 26
Original post by devils
Yes, I applied this year! :smile:
My offer is AAA for a FCH combining Philosophy and Psychology. :wink:

I want to combine psychology and management, haven't heard anything:frown: what are you predicted grades and when did you hear?
Reply 27
Original post by luycw
I want to combine psychology and management, haven't heard anything:frown: what are you predicted grades and when did you hear?

I guess it is because Psychology and Management might have different requirement...but I'm not really sure. :dontknow:
My predicted grades are A*A*AA and I have got an offer for BSc Psychology in early Jan. I just changed it to FCH a few days ago.
Don't worry too much, I hope you will get an offer soon! :biggrin:
Reply 28
This is killing me... I want to knooooow 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Original post by Gaia96
This is killing me... I want to knooooow 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same :frown:(
Reply 30
Got an offer! :biggrin:
Anyone else heard anything?
Reply 31
Yay well done! :biggrin: what offer did you get? :biggrin:

No I still haven't heard, I'm fearing the worst tbh :/
I got my flexible combined honours degree offer in November :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by purple_muse
Yay well done! :biggrin: what offer did you get? :biggrin:

No I still haven't heard, I'm fearing the worst tbh :/

Theyre asking me 36 points on the IB (which is actually the higher end of the spectrum on their web site) for Historical, Social, and Political Sciences.

Don't worry, I hardly doubt they send all their acceptances at once.
and the courses youre applying for are so much different than the course i applied for.
Reply 34
Original post by sophie.isabella
I got my flexible combined honours degree in November :smile:

Congratulations, what did you study? did you like Exeter? Was it everything you expected it to be?
Reply 35
They sound like interesting subjects, I would like to do haha :biggrin:

I suppose that's true, it must be complicated for them to match all the different subjects for each person..
STILL haven't heard, fearing the worst now...
Reply 37
Original post by moggington
STILL haven't heard, fearing the worst now...

Same here :frown: do you have a back up you'd like to go to? Exeter would be my first choice!
Original post by purple_muse
Same here :frown: do you have a back up you'd like to go to? Exeter would be my first choice!

Yeah, I'm planning on either Manchester or Sheffield if Exeter doesn't work out. Their courses are more suited to what I want to do after-university, so I'm not too upset about it.

I love the campus in Exeter, going back there brought back so many memories of going to Devon as a child because my family are from there.

Ouch! Well, there's still hope. A lot of people got offers at the end of February last year. A lot of people got offered Liberal Arts instead of the FCH course, so you could potentially still go to Exeter and then switch over to your subject of choice. Best of luck!
I applied for FCH, still waiting for an offer!
I will choose as my subjects: management and film studies

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending