The Student Room Group

Plymouth Medicine Applicants 2014 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Whose going to the post-offer day on the 19th February?
Original post by lara_08
Hey I am still waiting patiently for my interview in February, would anyone recommend any books that are worth reading before the interview or any tips in general, starting to get nervous.... Thank you :smile:

Just make sure you keep an eye on the medical news (I listen to radio 4 for 10 mins every morning and read bbc health news) and don't panic. I know it's easier said than done, but they're really friendly and they aren't trying to catch you out! Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sammy137
I'm going to be honest I came out thinking it didn't go that well because I just didn't get much positive feedback from the panel, they just sort of sat and wrote. but I got an offer and I read that they were like that with a lot of people so just be prepared that that might happen and don't worry if it does:smile: some of the stuff you can't really prepare for because it's personal experience so they genuinely are right when they say just be yourself :smile:

Thank you! That helps a lot, I'll keep it in mind! And congrats on your offer! :smile:
Original post by MichaelJoshua47
Whose going to the post-offer day on the 19th February?

I can't go cos I live in London and it'll be a too big of an ask to travel all the way to Plymouth but let me know how the campus is I had a brief look and how the accommodation is

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 564
Original post by kangarooblue
Just make sure you keep an eye on the medical news (I listen to radio 4 for 10 mins every morning and read bbc health news) and don't panic. I know it's easier said than done, but they're really friendly and they aren't trying to catch you out! Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! I have taken out a medical ethics book and bbc news is my new best friend!! Really love Plymouth :smile:
Original post by lara_08
Thank you! I have taken out a medical ethics book and bbc news is my new best friend!! Really love Plymouth :smile:

You're welcome! One other thing, without giving anything away, when you get given the ethical scenario, make notes on every aspect of the ethical concern. It'll make you stand out. Me too! Let me know how it goes and hopefully see you in September :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 566
does anyone know when we need to send AS certificates if we have got an offer but didnt have them on the interview day? has anyone sent theirs?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got my interview in a few weeks and I am freaking out. Whats the interview structure? like is it role play? ethical issues?
Original post by MedicalMaureen
Got my interview in a few weeks and I am freaking out. Whats the interview structure? like is it role play? ethical issues?

No role play, you get given a list of 3 or 4 ethical scenarios before and have time to make notes on them before the interview. It lasts 10-30 mins and you'll have to fill in a questionnaire at the same time as you do your ethical scenarios - you have half an hour for that. They haven't seen your PS and all questions are scripted. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
No role play, you get given a list of 3 or 4 ethical scenarios before and have time to make notes on them before the interview. It lasts 10-30 mins and you'll have to fill in a questionnaire at the same time as you do your ethical scenarios - you have half an hour for that. They haven't seen your PS and all questions are scripted. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you. I really appreciate it :smile:
How much importance do they place on the questionnaire?
Reply 571
You're welcome! One other thing, without giving anything away, when you get given the ethical scenario, make notes on every aspect of the ethical concern. It'll make you stand out. Me too! Let me know how it goes and hopefully see you in September :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg you got an offer?!! I have been revising ethical scenarios non stop this weekend for some of my other interviews as well but it's something I enjoy quite a lot (arguing my point ha ha) yes all the best on your application! :smile:
I've just firmed plymouth, as a gap year applicant so already achieved A levels, do I need to do anything else? Or am I just waiting for further correspondence?!
Reply 573

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do they ask you anything on current affairs/ medical advancements?
Original post by kash0095
Do they ask you anything on current affairs/ medical advancements?

I can't say, but it's always worth keeping an eye on current affairs as they'll strengthen your answers if you can use them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 575
Okay thanks very much :smile: is the questionnaire long?
Reply 576
I can't say, but it's always worth keeping an eye on current affairs as they'll strengthen your answers if you can use them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay thanks very much**is the questionnaire long?
Original post by kash0095
Okay thanks very much**is the questionnaire long?

No and I'd actually finished everything in about 10 minutes - it meant I had to sit there for 20 minutes in silence just feeling nervous about my interview :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
No and I'd actually finished everything in about 10 minutes - it meant I had to sit there for 20 minutes in silence just feeling nervous about my interview :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey,

How important is the questionnaire, do you know? I think I read somewhere that it's only used for borderline applicants?
Reply 579

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay thanks very much appreciate the help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest