The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Applying for edge hill 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Do you have to go to one of the open days you've been invited to? The one Ive been told about in the email are in Feb and March, which is difficult for me because I live in Spain and I havent got any time off until easter haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Reply 121
Original post by Rebeccalh
Do you have to go to one of the open days you've been invited to? The one Ive been told about in the email are in Feb and March, which is difficult for me because I live in Spain and I havent got any time off until easter haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't have to go, I think its optional, and I'm sure they'll understand since you live in Spain ha
Reply 122
Original post by TNA123
On UCAS it said 1st September, but when I got my information booklet it said the start date was 22nd September which was nice to know otherwise I'd miss my brother's 21st. UCAS often gives odd dates.
You'll wonder where everyone had been hiding when you meet them at the applicant day!

Ooo I might have to ask them then, don't want to be turning up 2 weeks before everyone else!
Reply 123
Original post by Kazzy104
Ooo I might have to ask them then, don't want to be turning up 2 weeks before everyone else!

You may get a booklet at the applicant day. I got a booklet with my interview feedback so I don't know when other people get them.
Reply 124
Original post by Beckyy18
Anyone else got an offer for Early Years Education? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going in September :smile: (I'm on a Gap Year right now) is Edge Hill your firm choice? Where else did have you applied? :smile:
Reply 125
Original post by TNA123
I'm going in September :smile: (I'm on a Gap Year right now) is Edge Hill your firm choice? Where else did have you applied? :smile:

yaaay me too! you'll be same age as me then, I did an extra year in college because I started on A Levels but changed to childcare :smile: and yes I want to put it as my firm choice but I have to wait for the result of my next interview! I applied to ljmu and Sheffield Hallam but I withdrew from both of them, Bangor gave me an offer for childhood studies and I have an interview for MMU in three weeks :smile:
Reply 126
Original post by TNA123
You may get a booklet at the applicant day. I got a booklet with my interview feedback so I don't know when other people get them.

That makes sense! I emailed them anyway so I shall wait for the reply :smile:
Reply 127
Im still waiting to apply for accommodation, and with the reviews I've read most people don't get the accommodation they want .

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 128
Original post by itskshhx
Im still waiting to apply for accommodation, and with the reviews I've read most people don't get the accommodation they want .

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hellooooo, where did you read those reviews? D:
Reply 129
yaaay me too! you'll be same age as me then, I did an extra year in college because I started on A Levels but changed to childcare :smile: and yes I want to put it as my firm choice but I have to wait for the result of my next interview! I applied to ljmu and Sheffield Hallam but I withdrew from both of them, Bangor gave me an offer for childhood studies and I have an interview for MMU in three weeks :smile:

I'm so glad I've found someone else my age doing the course! Brilliant. My first interview was Edge Hill in December and I went to another one at Wolverhampton, but since I knew I wanted to go to Edge Hill when I got my offer I withdrew from my other options; that's why I've made my decision so fast haha
Good luck with your interview! Do you live nearby Edge Hill?
ive applied for sport therapy and got a conditional offer :biggrin:
who else is doing sport therapy at edge hill :smile:
Reply 132
Do Edge Hill always interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 133
Original post by TNA123
I'm so glad I've found someone else my age doing the course! Brilliant. My first interview was Edge Hill in December and I went to another one at Wolverhampton, but since I knew I wanted to go to Edge Hill when I got my offer I withdrew from my other options; that's why I've made my decision so fast haha
Good luck with your interview! Do you live nearby Edge Hill?

ahh thank you!! I live in Manchester so it's not too bad, takes two trains to get there! how about you?
Reply 134

Posted from TSR Mobile

not always, like most universities it's probably just for the more popular courses that a lot of people apply for, interviews help them to narrow down who is more suitable for the courses :smile:
Reply 135

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think interviews are mainly for teaching and nursing courses, I'm not sure about other courses. I had to do an interview because all teaching courses require an interview
Reply 136
ahh thank you!! I live in Manchester so it's not too bad, takes two trains to get there! how about you?

I live in High Wycombe which isn't too far outside of London. So it'll be about a 3 hour drive/2.5 hour train journey haha so I live far away
Reply 137
Hellooooo, where did you read those reviews? D:

This is the best site for reviews probably

http://www.whatuni.com/degrees/reviews/uni/edge-hill-university-reviews/highest-rated/0/0/4693/1/studentreviews.html

Some got the accommodation they wanted but some ended up in like back halls when they didn't apply to stay there... I just really hope that doesn't happen

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 138
Original post by itskshhx
This is the best site for reviews probably

http://www.whatuni.com/degrees/reviews/uni/edge-hill-university-reviews/highest-rated/0/0/4693/1/studentreviews.html

Some got the accommodation they wanted but some ended up in like back halls when they didn't apply to stay there... I just really hope that doesn't happen

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh God same because I'd prefer an ensuite D: but I suppose some accommodation is better then none at all?
Reply 139
Oh God same because I'd prefer an ensuite D: but I suppose some accommodation is better then none at all?

Yeah that is true, but my first four choices for accommodation are ensuite so hopefully I get it :smile:,

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending