The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3460
Hey don't worry, I'm sure you did better than you think. Most people do come out thinking the same as you.

On a positive note, other people here used the same word 'shambles' and got an offer later so don't be too unsure of yourself.

Cheer up:smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 3461
Are you a home /EU or international candidate?
Reply 3462
Original post by Tuni530
Just had my interview, it was complete shambles :cry:

Are you home/EU or international candidate.

Dont worry you might have not done as bad as you think.
Reply 3463
Original post by 0612
Hey don't worry, I'm sure you did better than you think. Most people do come out thinking the same as you.

On a positive note, other people here used the same word 'shambles' and got an offer later so don't be too unsure of yourself.

Cheer up:smile:

Haha thank you for your kind words, most people say they done badly in an exam when they get like 98%. im really not one of those people LOL
have u heard back yourself?
p.s heres some stats
Home student- 3rd year biomed
UKCAT- 740
A levels: A*ABb
Reply 3464
Original post by Tuni530
Just had my interview, it was complete shambles :cry:

In what way? I'm sure it wasn't, hardly anyone comes out of any interview thinking it went well, dont worry!
Reply 3465
Original post by br13
In what way? I'm sure it wasn't, hardly anyone comes out of any interview thinking it went well, dont worry!

i kept misunderstanding their questions and apologising when i couldn't answer a few. gaaaah :afraid:
Reply 3466
Original post by Dandaman9999
Been waiting since the 12th so can totally sympathise!

Kings y u do dis :'(

I just cant believe they take this long! Nearly been 8 weeks :frown:(( What are your stats btw?
Reply 3467
Just got a message to upload my passport post interview... In the past, what has this proved to suggest in regards to offer/rejection? Also, if anything can be read into this, when can I expect further correspondence, assuming I upload my passport tonight? (How about THAT for a formal post on tsr!!)
Original post by Hugby1
Just got a message to upload my passport post interview... In the past, what has this proved to suggest in regards to offer/rejection? Also, if anything can be read into this, when can I expect further correspondence, assuming I upload my passport tonight? (How about THAT for a formal post on tsr!!)

Not to get your hopes up or anything but it usually means you'll get an offer in a week or so :biggrin: when was your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3469
Original post by Hugby1

I'm actually feeling nervous and excited for you at the same time. It probably does mean an offer based on other people's experiences on here.

Did you upload anything pre interview?
Original post by callummj6747
Nahh enrolment is 15th -19th September

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank God- two extra weeks is just what i think i'd need lol :tongue:
Reply 3471
One day after interview and I'm already back to checking portal. What has my life become?
Original post by callummj6747
In the offers brochure :smile: it's detailed in your offer pack

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh okay, thanks! Is that the offer pack that comes in the post with the paper copy of the offer letter?
Original post by lovelycup7
Ahh okay, thanks! Is that the offer pack that comes in the post with the paper copy of the offer letter?

Yep, it's also online in the offers section of the kings website

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3474
Hi everybody, if you're wondering I called KCL today to ask about the December interviews/interview waiting time in general.

The guy said that they send offers out to strong candidates quickly, but average candidates they put in a pool to compare later on (which we already knew).

What irritated me is that he said they would finish interviewing by march and that's when we would expect to hear. I would be fine with that normally, but then they shouldn't put 2-3 weeks in the interview letter! I mean, it's been two whole months since my interview wah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3475
Original post by lixto
Hi everybody, if you're wondering I called KCL today to ask about the December interviews/interview waiting time in general.

The guy said that they send offers out to strong candidates quickly, but average candidates they put in a pool to compare later on (which we already knew).

What irritated me is that he said they would finish interviewing by march and that's when we would expect to hear. I would be fine with that normally, but then they shouldn't put 2-3 weeks in the interview letter! I mean, it's been two whole months since my interview wah.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the info :smile: why couldn't they just tell us this in the first place, ive rang them at least twice and they just said they have so much people to get thru, its really frustrating I don't think they know how annoying the wait can be

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hugby1

It seems to be a good sign - no one has come forward yet saying they were asked for their passport nd then got rejected so...

On the other hand, my interview was on the 16th of December.

Then, on the 9th january, I was asked to upload a copy of my passport (despite already having uploaded everything pre-interview) and did so the same day.

They got back to me on the 19th January saying they had now received my passport copy. Nd I've heard nothing since.

I thought it would mean an interview was surely on the way, bt don't expect to hear back anytime soon.

All that said, good luck!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3477
Original post by Flobie
Not to get your hopes up or anything but it usually means you'll get an offer in a week or so :biggrin: when was your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by 0612
I'm actually feeling nervous and excited for you at the same time. It probably does mean an offer based on other people's experiences on here.

Did you upload anything pre interview?

Interview on 21 Jan - 2 weeks tomorrow. Uploaded certificates and driving licence immediately post-interview (my passport was in the Vietnam embassy - travelling!!!). Today at 1600 I got a message asking for my passport :/ Thoughtsss?
Reply 3478
Original post by Dr. Aco Malfoy
It seems to be a good sign - no one has come forward yet saying they were asked for their passport nd then got rejected so...

On the other hand, my interview was on the 16th of December.

Then, on the 9th january, I was asked to upload a copy of my passport (despite already having uploaded everything pre-interview) and did so the same day.

They got back to me on the 19th January saying they had now received my passport copy. Nd I've heard nothing since.

I thought it would mean an interview was surely on the way, bt don't expect to hear back anytime soon.

All that said, good luck!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just to say that my friend got asked to upload their passport and then got rejected two weeks later :frown: so it doesn't necessarily mean you'll get an offer! But you probably will :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3479
Original post by nana96
Thanks for the info :smile: why couldn't they just tell us this in the first place, ive rang them at least twice and they just said they have so much people to get thru, its really frustrating I don't think they know how annoying the wait can be

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem! Yeah the guy said the same as well, he was all "we interview 1000 people blah" which is fair but still :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest