The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine (A100) Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know when Liverpool will stop interviewing or know how many interviews they've given out ect :biggrin:
Reply 841
Original post by Jimbob995
Does anyone know when Liverpool will stop interviewing or know how many interviews they've given out ect :biggrin:

Would live to know . I haven't heard anything from Liverpool :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same here, Im trying to focus on my studies buts so hard when you haven't heard anything!!
Rejection from Liverpool at 4:30. My personal statement was less competitive. Good luck to everyone !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rejection at around 5:30 via track, personal statement less competitive. Luckily have an offer elsewhere, good luck to everyone who has/had interviews, Liverpool looks like a great uni!!
Rejection at about 5.30pm, personal statement not as competitive. Same thing as last year!
I just got an interview invitation today!!! :biggrin: But it's for wednesday! I'm freaking out because it's such a short notice and I feel underprepared. Is it normal for Liverpool to give less than a 2 day notice for an interview?
Still pretty chuffed about my interview :tongue: thought it's never come!! haha
Reply 847
Received a rejection at 5:30. 4 rejections! Absolutely devastated, Liverpool was my first choice and I really wanted to go there. They said my personal statement didn't score high enough non-academically. Which I find weird because most of my personal statement was non-academic.
Reply 848
Original post by Chanshik
Received a rejection at 5:30. 4 rejections! Absolutely devastated, Liverpool was my first choice and I really wanted to go there. They said my personal statement didn't score high enough non-academically. Which I find weird because most of my personal statement was non-academic.

Sorry to hear about that...Most importantly focus on getting those grades! I guess you are in a better position to know now rather than be in the situation where you get the offers but not the grades in August. At least you can plan a year out (if you are having one), focus on your personal statment and start your preparation for getting those important grades. This process is a learning curve but I'm sure we'll get there in the end!! :smile:
Reply 849
Original post by Scarinci1
Sorry to hear about that...Most importantly focus on getting those grades! I guess you are in a better position to know now rather than be in the situation where you get the offers but not the grades in August. At least you can plan a year out (if you are having one), focus on your personal statment and start your preparation for getting those important grades. This process is a learning curve but I'm sure we'll get there in the end!! :smile:

Unfortunately I'm already on a gap year! Although I didn't apply in my A2 year I don't think I'd be able to take another gap year and apply again as I'd only be able to apply to the same few medical schools again. I'm going to take a slight career diversion and apply to Optometry through UCAS extra and then hopefully graduate entry medicine might be an option after a few years. Just got to keep my head up! Thank you for your support!
Reply 850
Original post by timeywimey
Thanks :smile: how are you finding it there? Do you like the course?

-timeywimey-

Sorry for the extremely delayed reply!
I love liverpool as a city and a university. I am quite a way from home too so I love the independence. I am now in 2nd semester and I already feel as if i have learnt so much, it is demanding but no more than you would expect it to be. The facilities here are great too.

I hope all is well with your application! :smile:
Reply 851
Original post by Lyla_Mikaeal
I just got an interview invitation today!!! :biggrin: But it's for wednesday! I'm freaking out because it's such a short notice and I feel underprepared. Is it normal for Liverpool to give less than a 2 day notice for an interview?
Still pretty chuffed about my interview :tongue: thought it's never come!! haha

Hey congrats what time did you receive your invite ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mutlibd1
Hey congrats what time did you receive your invite ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! I got it at 15:31 yesterday, to be exact :smile:
Reply 853
Original post by Chanshik

I'm a resister so on gap year too and more than half of my personal statement was what I had learnt from my extra curriculars like travelling volunteering and my hobbies. Linked it all in with medicine too even art, but they rejected me saying my personal statement wasn't extra curricular enough :frown: I've had 3 rejections now and just waiting for Brighton now!! Here's hoping!! I've had an offer from my 5th option which was optometry too! But that is the only good news I have heard :/
Reply 854
Does anyone know roughly the interview to offer ratio for home A100 applicants? Can't seem to find much on the internet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Student 1
Does anyone know roughly the interview to offer ratio for home A100 applicants? Can't seem to find much on the internet

Posted from TSR Mobile

Take a look at this :smile:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/medical_school_competition_ratios
Anyone know when exactly they're going to give out offers? Thanks
Original post by blueberrysro
Anyone know when exactly they're going to give out offers? Thanks

Last year it was around the 23rd of March judging by what I read on last years thread so it won't be any time soon!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 858

Ahhhh thank you! :smile: So does 2.1 basically mean it's 50-50?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 859
Anyone else just get an email from Liverpool accommodation over a lost pen drive/hard drive

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending