The Student Room Group

Does anyone else really really LOVE Radiohead?

I 'discovered' them about a year ago and I've been addicted ever since. I can't say it's healthy, some days I listen to the same album hours on end :colondollar:

My favourite album has to be 'In Rainbows' and my favourite song is 'Subterranean Homesick Alien' (though this fluctuates a lot)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
In my opinion they are the greatest band ever, for many reasons. My favourite album is Kid A, and the best song is Airbag.
One or two of their songs are really compelling, they have a weird hypnotic feel to them, but generally they are overrated and people just say they are good because they don't want to be seen as not 'getting it'.
They are good. Can easily see why someone would not like them though, found them boring until I gave Kid A a chance.

Original post by Plainview
In my opinion they are the greatest band ever, for many reasons. My favourite album is Kid A, and the best song is Airbag.

Same mate :cool:
Reply 4
Original post by Fullofsurprises
One or two of their songs are really compelling, they have a weird hypnotic feel to them, but generally they are overrated and people just say they are good because they don't want to be seen as not 'getting it'.

This wasn't the case with me. I grew up with them because my Dad was a fan, and as a kid I listened to most of their albums chronologically but without access to all the internet hype and whatnot.
I love them a lot! In my opinion they are a very underrated band! Favourite album is in rainbows and favourite song is street spirit (fade out)
Radiohead ARE the best band in the world, it's a well known fact.
Reply 7
Original post by Fullofsurprises

Ah well, everyone has different likes I guess... At least you like some of their songs.
Any in particular?
Reply 8
Original post by Plainview
This wasn't the case with me. I grew up with them because my Dad was a fan, and as a kid I listened to most of their albums chronologically but without access to all the internet hype and whatnot.

If only my dad was as cool as yours! My favourite track from Kid A has to be Optimistic, though I quite like The National Anthem too.

Original post by leveridge96
I love them a lot! In my opinion they are a very underrated band! Favourite album is in rainbows and favourite song is street spirit (fade out)

Yay for In Rainbows!
Reply 9
Original post by Quantum_Head
Radiohead ARE the best band in the world, it's a well known fact.

The facts don't lie :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ZackHa
Ah well, everyone has different likes I guess... At least you like some of their songs.
Any in particular?

Yeah, well to be fair, because I'm not a fan, I haven't listened to all of their work. I liked the OK Computer hits like Karma Police and so on. Perhaps I don't quite 'get' Thom and can't get past the whining. :colone: An ex b/f of mine does a great impression of his droning sonorous voice. :lol:

It's been difficult growing up, as I am one of the few people brought up in Oxford who doesn't rave about them. :rolleyes:
(edited 10 years ago)
Bit morbid but still a very good band. My favourite track is All I Need or Nude.
Like their music, not so keen on Thom's vocals though.
Yeah Radiohead are one of my favourite bands. Its nice to see a British band that doesn't stick to trends and conventions. Their music has a timeless quality and the more you listen the more it reveals itself. Favourite album hard to choose maybe a tie between Kid A and The Bends favourite song changes a lot. Pyramid Song or You And Whose Army
Reply 14
Yeah, best band in the world.
Accused for stealing and approved.
Like most of the British music shallow and boring as hell.
Reply 15
Original post by sbj

What does that mean?
Reply 16
Original post by vansandcamels
Yeah Radiohead are one of my favourite bands. Its nice to see a British band that doesn't stick to trends and conventions. Their music has a timeless quality and the more you listen the more it reveals itself. Favourite album hard to choose maybe a tie between Kid A and The Bends favourite song changes a lot. Pyramid Song or You And Whose Army

Now this is a coincidence, I've always said my favourite song of theirs would be either Pyramid Song or You and Whose Army, no kidding:eek::biggrin:

If not those then How to Disappear Completely or Lucky I think. They're my favourite band and I'd actually say Amnesiac is probably my favourite of theirs, it rarely gets mentioned in these discussions which are usually about OKC, the Bends and Kid A, but I still love it.
Reply 17
Original post by sbj
Yeah, best band in the world.
Like most of the British music shallow and boring as hell.

You're entitled to not like them, but in a world of bands like Coldplay and Mumford & Sons, 'boring as hell', really?! They've changed their sound and style every album, they could have just stuck with the safe classic rock sound of the Bends, but they didn't, they've tried something new every album, they've experimented and critics and fans alike have loved just about every one.

And what are you talking about them stealing, if you're talking about this then so what, they may have nicked a couple of melodies, but then if you look at the list, so did other huge artists.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Jjj90
What does that mean?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=radiohead+plagiarism

Original post by Olie
You're entitled to not like them, but boring as hell, really?!
And what are you talking about them stealing, if you're talking about this then so what, they may have nicked a couple of melodies, but then if you look at the list, so did other huge artists.

Wow, a true fanboy. So what???? Are you really telling me this? And did other huge artists?

Pardon, but someone who steals from others can not be a huge artist, not even an artist. Because the word artist implies, that you do art, that means you create something by your own.

And how much do you know about far East-Asian music? Slavic, Middle-Eastern, African, South-American, European, Indian and so on music?
Britain or America and their boring pop music is not the center of the world. And be a mature and do not defend artists who steal from other people.

You and your exaggerated pop bands. Like the Soul-music stealers Beatles.
Oh, but be a fanboy and be proud of your culture and defend blindly them.

Those bands are jokes in terms of music. But great at entertainment and creating a culture.
Reply 19

Or maybe it just sounds a bit like it?

Quick Reply

Latest