The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes Applicants for September 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KehRawwr
Woo - well done! Hope you're going to celebrate it well ^.^

Thank you!! :biggrin: Have you ever seen them play "True American" on New Girl? Because that's how I'm planning on celebrating this weekend. :tongue:
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 361
Original post by maggiesoares
Thank you!! :biggrin: Have you ever seen them play "True American" on New Girl? Because that's how I'm planning on celebrating this weekend. :tongue:

Aha, yeah have (and I will admit to having absolutely no idea how it's played!) - but however it's played it looks like a good laugh. Enjoy!! :P
Wow! Congratulations! :smile:
(I hope I get one soon too)
Aha, yeah have (and I will admit to having absolutely no idea how it's played!) - but however it's played it looks like a good laugh. Enjoy!! :P

My friends and I found a website that explains it: it's really complicated, but so much fun!
(I'll have everyone playing it at brookes next year :P)
Original post by Barnus
Wow! Congratulations! :smile:
(I hope I get one soon too)

Thank you!! I'm sure you will. :smile:
Reply 365
Original post by maggiesoares
My friends and I found a website that explains it: it's really complicated, but so much fun!
(I'll have everyone playing it at brookes next year :P)

:O Now I want to get in to Brookes even more! Totally want to be part of that if possible. >.<

Posted from TSR Mobile
:O Now I want to get in to Brookes even more! Totally want to be part of that if possible. >.<

Posted from TSR Mobile

Publishing student game of True American in september, it's on :cheers:
Reply 367
Original post by Heather0502
I have an interview on Friday for this course! Did you have an interview and which accommodation are thinking of going to?

Oh I've just seen your reply. Good luck firstly! I applied last year and deferred my entry. I had an interview where we had a extract to read, have to perform a teaching task and have a interview. Is this the same for the applications this year?

I don't know if you'll get this before tomorrow but this was my only interview as I applied for other courses which didn't require an interview, so I don't have much experience about interviews in general but the one with Brooke's was great. Everything was so calm and relaxed, we were all made to feel at ease. I was so incredibly nervous before my interview but there was no need. Again good luck!

As for accommodation, I actually live in Oxford but will still hopefully move into halls anyway. I really want to go to Westminster Halls as it is on the same campus where we would be taught. (You'll see it on your interview - take the tour, they are amazing!). The only downside is they are really expensive! But they are mainly for primary/education studies so it would be great to be housed with people from the same course to support each other. What about you? Are you planning on firming OB's if you get an offer?
Just got an offer! :biggrin:
Reply 369
Original post by Kaypeach18

Congratulations! :biggrin:
Original post by Nadindins
Congratulations! :biggrin:

Thanks! so happy :smile:
Reply 371
Original post by Kaypeach18

Awesome! Well done. That's a load off your mind now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Officially firmed my offer today! So excited. :biggrin:
Original post by cecile_c
I got a conditional offer for Architecture, it makes me so happy ! Anyone else doing this course?

Original post by cecile_c
Hi! I've applied saturday for architecture and I don't know what to expect because some got their offers within a few days and others are still waiting! This is really stressful!

Hi!

I'm a first year Architecture student at Brookes, so if you have any questions about that, I've started a thread for you here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2590981

Good luck to you all!
Original post by lindars
Oh I've just seen your reply. Good luck firstly! I applied last year and deferred my entry. I had an interview where we had a extract to read, have to perform a teaching task and have a interview. Is this the same for the applications this year?

I don't know if you'll get this before tomorrow but this was my only interview as I applied for other courses which didn't require an interview, so I don't have much experience about interviews in general but the one with Brooke's was great. Everything was so calm and relaxed, we were all made to feel at ease. I was so incredibly nervous before my interview but there was no need. Again good luck!

As for accommodation, I actually live in Oxford but will still hopefully move into halls anyway. I really want to go to Westminster Halls as it is on the same campus where we would be taught. (You'll see it on your interview - take the tour, they are amazing!). The only downside is they are really expensive! But they are mainly for primary/education studies so it would be great to be housed with people from the same course to support each other. What about you? Are you planning on firming OB's if you get an offer?

The interview sounds like it was the same as yours last it. It was so lovely, just makes me want to go there even more! If I do receive a place it will be my first choice, and would apply to stay at Westminster Halls also. They were so nice but yes very pricey!
I just received my conditional offer for accounting and finance.
I'm a current second-year Biology student at Brookes! Ask me anything.
Do you get to interact with oxford uni students on a regular basis?

Also how is OB gym free weights section?
(edited 10 years ago)
You can interact with whoever you want to, but Brookes is a self-contained institute of learning. We have everything we want or need without having to go to one of the Oxford colleges; that said, Brookes students have full access to the Botanic Gardens and the Bodlean Library. There are probably others, but I haven't needed to look into it beyond that.

I would describe the entire free gym as basic but functional. Weights are weights, treadmills are treadmills. I don't know anyone who has signed up to one of the gyms in the city, so the Brookes gym is clearly adequate.
Reply 379
Original post by marky--mark
I'm a current second-year Biology student at Brookes! Ask me anything.

What's the best and worst thing about Brookes in your opinion?? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending