The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
H
Original post by BeccaKosinski
Heya guys :smile: just got an offer from City yay! Never thought that would happen :smile: I was just checking it is definitely funded from the NHS? Is it all funded or depend on your location etc? Any help would be great as I know that Sheffield is all funded :smile: x

Have you heard from Sheffield yet? Congratulations on the offer from city! Are you the girl i met going straight from York uni? X
Original post by SJL233
H
Have you heard from Sheffield yet? Congratulations on the offer from city! Are you the girl i met going straight from York uni? X

Hello! Nope I haven't heard so not feeling positive about it, have you? Aww thank you! Yes I am haha :smile: are you the one that also went to york? X
Reply 402
Original post by BeccaKosinski
Hello! Nope I haven't heard so not feeling positive about it, have you? Aww thank you! Yes I am haha :smile: are you the one that also went to york? X

No, still not heard. I think i got a taxi to the station with you after the interview 😊 x
Original post by SJL233
No, still not heard. I think i got a taxi to the station with you after the interview 😊 x

Oh yes! Hello :smile: well I spoke to another Canadian girl who is only having her interview today so god knows when we'll hear, did they say when? X
Reply 404
Thanks, you too! Same i'm really looking forward to it, and just so relieved to have a place to be honest! Yep I'm from Devon so will be moving up to London! Do we you know whether we just have to wait for them to send us info about start dates etc now? have you joined the fb group that anna has set up? x
Original post by Sgt5
Thanks, you too! Same i'm really looking forward to it, and just so relieved to have a place to be honest! Yep I'm from Devon so will be moving up to London! Do we you know whether we just have to wait for them to send us info about start dates etc now? have you joined the fb group that anna has set up? x

No I have not, didn't think one had been set up yet. Do you have a link?
I think so, it just said in my email that we would receive official documents in due course, probably towards the end of the month based on their timeline in the interview maybe. Yeah, it's going to be an exciting time for sure, intense, but exciting!! Oh I know the feeling, this was my second time around applying and I'd gotten rejected from a good few places so I was starting to lose hope but no need to worry about that now :biggrin:
Reply 406
Original post by reckrockaree
I can't see anything in there either! Oh how frustrating! Am I the only city applicant who hasn't heard a response this evening?

I've just read these posts and my heart sank! I have been waiting and waiting for City's response and I too haven't had any email, so solidarity to you Hun! :-) Fingers crossed we hear tonight! I am surprised as I was gearing up for it being Friday! I so desperately want this - I was placed on the interview waiting list for UCL and have an interview for Essex in April, but City is my first choice so I will be devastated if I don't get in. But I'm not holding my hopes up because I think there's been an unprecedented amount of applications this year. This week feels far too long! Lol. Good luck! xx
Original post by Holpol87
I've just read these posts and my heart sank! I have been waiting and waiting for City's response and I too haven't had any email, so solidarity to you Hun! :-) Fingers crossed we hear tonight! I am surprised as I was gearing up for it being Friday! I so desperately want this - I was placed on the interview waiting list for UCL and have an interview for Essex in April, but City is my first choice so I will be devastated if I don't get in. But I'm not holding my hopes up because I think there's been an unprecedented amount of applications this year. This week feels far too long! Lol. Good luck! xx

I have also been waiting for an email. I guess I will get a rejection email on Friday. Well done to those who have been offered a place at city.
Reply 408
Original post by Crazy_chick1
I have also been waiting for an email. I guess I will get a rejection email on Friday. Well done to those who have been offered a place at city.

That's the sinking feeling I have too. If they are giving out the good news now I am thinking they will give out the bad on Friday :-(
That's the sinking feeling I have too. If they are giving out the good news now I am thinking they will give out the bad on Friday :-(

Hi.
I don't know what way City are giving out their stuff but I got a rejection email from them a couple of weeks ago,well before they said they'd have offers out. I dunno what way you guys wanna take that and as I said,I don't know whether they give out rejections first or not but try to stay positive!

Original post by cosmic.love
Hi.
I don't know what way City are giving out their stuff but I got a rejection email from them a couple of weeks ago,well before they said they'd have offers out. I dunno what way you guys wanna take that and as I said,I don't know whether they give out rejections first or not but try to stay positive!

Hmm, my theory is that they sent offers yesterday and will send rejections on Friday. I actually feel like I am waiting for a rejection letter. If they sent out offers and rejections yesterday I would feel a lot better.
Reply 411
Hi.

Thanks for your kind words. Sorry to hear about your rejection, have you accepted anywhere else? It is so tough - I didn't realise quite how tough until recently. It appears to be as difficult as getting into medicine! I don't have a clue how City are planning it, but I'm preparing myself for the worst. In usually such a positive soul but if I let myself get my hopes up I know it will make the rejection even more hard to deal with. I know I'm talking like its the end of the world. Of course I will just try again if I don't succeed, but its just gutting when SLT is what you really want - as we all know here! Good luck to you with your other applications if you have applied elsewhere xx
Hmm, my theory is that they sent offers yesterday and will send rejections on Friday. I actually feel like I am waiting for a rejection letter. If they sent out offers and rejections yesterday I would feel a lot better.

Yeah I was waiting for news from Limerick and an old classmate of mine had gotten an offer before I knew so I know that feeling. It's a bit unfair that they don't tell people at the same time but I guess it's a lot of paperwork to go through. I wish you the best of luck anyways and really do hope its good news!
Reply 413

Ditto! Xx
I'm very much looking forward to hearing back from Sheffield. Also if anyone else got rejected from Newcastle and was thinking of asking for feedback on the interview, don't bother! I asked and they were brutal! And not in a very constructive way either...
Yeah I was waiting for news from Limerick and an old classmate of mine had gotten an offer before I knew so I know that feeling. It's a bit unfair that they don't tell people at the same time but I guess it's a lot of paperwork to go through. I wish you the best of luck anyways and really do hope its good news!

Thank you x
Thanks for your kind words. Sorry to hear about your rejection, have you accepted anywhere else? It is so tough - I didn't realise quite how tough until recently. It appears to be as difficult as getting into medicine! I don't have a clue how City are planning it, but I'm preparing myself for the worst. In usually such a positive soul but if I let myself get my hopes up I know it will make the rejection even more hard to deal with. I know I'm talking like its the end of the world. Of course I will just try again if I don't succeed, but its just gutting when SLT is what you really want - as we all know here! Good luck to you with your other applications if you have applied elsewhere xx

I know exactly how you feel! I applied last year too and unfortunately got rejected from everywhere which was a huge knock and took its toll but I broadened my horizons and applied to more places this year and decided not to get set on one particular place but was kind of hoping for Limerick or UCL and thankfully I've been lucky this year and UCL have given me a place.
It's such an oversubscribed place everywhere and the fact that English places are funded is another huge factor to take in. I really hope you hear good news and you get all you're hoping for. If not, I really hope you don't give up on your dream, you'll be knocked back a bit but do try again! They'll soon realise you were worth a shot! But as I said I really hope it's good news! :smile: good luck
Hi.

hang in tight everyone! don't make any assumptions as of yet, we don't know how they send these emails out so stay positive :-)
also i'm sorry to hear that cosmic.love, i wish you the best of luck and best wishes with any of your other offers and future
X
Reply 418
Hiya TheForge, I have an interview on the same day at Essex, I'm so scareeddddd! Do you feel prepared for it? Only a week to go now!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 419
Has anyone had a rejection from City this week? I have not heard anything yet but am starting to think that it might be all rejections on Friday :frown:

Latest