The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3480
Original post by lixto
Just to say that my friend got asked to upload their passport and then got rejected two weeks later :frown: so it doesn't necessarily mean you'll get an offer! But you probably will :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol King's Uni trolling their medic hopefulls.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Can someone who got interview or offer please tell me if they had done biology at A2 level ? thks
Reply 3482
Original post by hellogo467
Of course you can if you convert your grades to the British system :smile:

I'll give it a whack so.
Reply 3483
Original post by someone16
Can someone who got interview or offer please tell me if they had done biology at A2 level ? thks

yh. i do.
Original post by lixto
Hi everybody, if you're wondering I called KCL today to ask about the December interviews/interview waiting time in general.

The guy said that they send offers out to strong candidates quickly, but average candidates they put in a pool to compare later on (which we already knew).

What irritated me is that he said they would finish interviewing by march and that's when we would expect to hear. I would be fine with that normally, but then they shouldn't put 2-3 weeks in the interview letter! I mean, it's been two whole months since my interview wah.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for letting us all know! At least I can try to get myself to calm down and not have a minor heart attack every time I get an email. On the not-so-bright-side, I thought KCL was my best interview, so ot sure about my chances of getting in this year :/
Kcl .. U want me ..... u know where I am....

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by wireline
I just cant believe they take this long! Nearly been 8 weeks :frown:(( What are your stats btw?

I know, it's been such a pain waiting! So annoying :frown:
My stats were alright:
GCSEs: 10A*s, 4As
AS Levels: AAAA
Predictions: A*A*A*A
UKCAT: 772.5

My interview obviously didn't go great tbh, which is why I've been waiting so long :frown:
Original post by lixto
Just to say that my friend got asked to upload their passport and then got rejected two weeks later :frown: so it doesn't necessarily mean you'll get an offer! But you probably will :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, thanks that's helpful to know. I've been wondering for ages if them asking for my passport was a sure sign.

I guess it isn't, but its good to know that now at least. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3488
Original post by Dr. Aco Malfoy
Oh, thanks that's helpful to know. I've been wondering for ages if them asking for my passport was a sure sign.

I guess it isn't, but its good to know that now at least. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will update. To be honest, lol, I can't see why they would ask for your passport just to reject you. I am sceptical of this 'my friend said' malarkey.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hugby1
I will update. To be honest, lol, I can't see why they would ask for your passport just to reject you. I am sceptical of this 'my friend said' malarkey.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, lol well that's what I'm sticking to anyway :wink:

Just seems like, from a previous post, I'm gonna have to wait till MARCH to find out either way. :frown: lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3490
how you preparing for your emdp interview?
Reply 3491
Hey!

I just joined TSR. Does any one know whether its still normal for me to be waiting for an interview invite? I'm an international and I don't know what to expect! I got 735 on the ukcat (I think) and I'm getting a bit worried. My stats otherwise are fine.. :frown:
Reply 3492
I got 707.5 and I'm still waiting too, I guess my chances are incredibly slim looking at the competition

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3493
Original post by zheyuan
I got 707.5 and I'm still waiting too, I guess my chances are incredibly slim looking at the competition

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you international too? Its getting a bit scary cos some of my friends who got higher than me on the ukact have already been called for interview..And anw, don't lose hope yet! We shall wait it out till the end!!
Reply 3494
Original post by Yes95
Are you international too? Its getting a bit scary cos some of my friends who got higher than me on the ukact have already been called for interview..And anw, don't lose hope yet! We shall wait it out till the end!!

Yea Im international. The wait is killing me! but even if i dont make it this year ill just apply again :smile: and boost my CV while im at it !
Thanks for finding this out, I've been waiting since December... Don't think I can take this worrying for another two months :'(
Reply 3496
I'm an international student and I've just received an interview for medicine :biggrin:. However, I can't open the PDF file. Does anyone know why?
Reply 3497
Original post by Yes95
Hey!

I just joined TSR. Does any one know whether its still normal for me to be waiting for an interview invite? I'm an international and I don't know what to expect! I got 735 on the ukcat (I think) and I'm getting a bit worried. My stats otherwise are fine.. :frown:

You 'think'............................................................................................................................... Brilliant. Let's all embrace the next generation of doctors.
Reply 3498
Original post by Hugby1
You 'think'............................................................................................................................... Brilliant. Let's all embrace the next generation of doctors.

Uncalled for:angry: if you have nothing good to say then keep it to yourself.
Original post by Hugby1

People who grew up in a different country/who did not go through the UK education system may not be as familiar with the UKCAT as someone like yourself. What if the rule is you take the median of subset scores rather than the mean? Call me mentally retarded but I don't even really remember my subset scores from a test I took half a year ago.

Whether the UKCAT is a suitable indicator of aptitude is debatable but if it is, Yes95 is obviously very bright. You, on the other hand...

Quick Reply

Latest