The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4920
Original post by Blackfyre
Sorry it's a joke, I just created the arming account to screw with you.

really:rolleyes: ?! DO you even have a life?!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by arminb
really:rolleyes: ?! DO you even have a life?!

I think that I already mentioned that technically no.

LSE Entry thread makes part of my daily routine.

Wake up.
Check LSE Entry thread.
Have breakfast.
Check LSE Entry thread.
Go to lessons.
While at lessons regularly check the LSE Entry thread.
Go to gym.
Check LSE Entry thread during recovery breaks.
Prep time/go out.
Check LSE Entry thread.
Go to sleep.
Make sure I check the LSE Entry thread before closing my eyes.
Reply 4922
just been talking with this guy who rejected cam for lse history. YESSS :biggrin: makes me feel better about my Oxbridge rejection.
Original post by arminb
just been talking with this guy who rejected cam for lse history. YESSS :biggrin: makes me feel better about my Oxbridge rejection.

What was his explanation?
Reply 4924
What was his explanation?

Becoming 'the man'(i.e getting the job).
Reply 4925
Original post by arminb

So LSE doesn't only consist of Oxbridge rejects :smile: But you can really consider yourself lucky to have got an offer from LSE, but seems like you are still unhappy about the Oxbridge rejection, I mean that's what I noticed on this thread the last two months or so. Get over it hahaa I would do anything for an offer from LSE.. waiting since October and I really can't wait anymore, it's driving me crazy :frown:
Original post by eduardoblopes
Got an invitation for the Admissions Assessment on 4 March. Anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I got one too... (nervous) :confused:
Reply 4927
Original post by lia3010
So LSE doesn't only consist of Oxbridge rejects :smile: But you can really consider yourself lucky to have got an offer from LSE, but seems like you are still unhappy about the Oxbridge rejection, I mean that's what I noticed on this thread the last two months or so. Get over it hahaa I would do anything for an offer from LSE.. waiting since October and I really can't wait anymore, it's driving me crazy :frown:

overtime, it gets better. I am now feeling much better about my rejection and sort of got over it. The point is studying, doesn't matter where. Wherever you go you ca study well and hard get the same out of your degree. Thinking about it this way makes me feel better.
Did you apply to Oxbridge?
Reply 4928
Original post by arminb
overtime, it gets better. I am now feeling much better about my rejection and sort of got over it. The point is studying, doesn't matter where. Wherever you go you ca study well and hard get the same out of your degree. Thinking about it this way makes me feel better.
Did you apply to Oxbridge?

Yeah, but still I would love to study in London :smile: I applied to Cambridge, but got rejected. I always wanted to go to LSE and I applied to Cambridge just because it is the uni everyone wants to go and everyone knows about. Never really felt myself attracted to it, only a few weeks before I got my rejection.. So that made me really unhappy as I began to think that maybe I would choose Cambridge and not LSE. I was definitely devasted as it was a complete new situation for me to cope with, but I'm over it now and I told myself that the rejection will make it easier for me to choose now and then I knew that it has to be LSE. But as you know I am still waiting for a decision and actually I had already given up a bit because of the long wait, but last week something reminded me again that it just has to be LSE. I think that's the way you felt about Oxford right ? You absolutely wanted to go there, but then it turned out to be LSE and I really don't want to think about something like that happening to me... I'm so keen on getting this offer from LSE that it is already getting ridiculous ....:s-smilie:
Reply 4929
Original post by lia3010
Yeah, but still I would love to study in London :smile: I applied to Cambridge, but got rejected. I always wanted to go to LSE and I applied to Cambridge just because it is the uni everyone wants to go and everyone knows about. Never really felt myself attracted to it, only a few weeks before I got my rejection.. So that made me really unhappy as I began to think that maybe I would choose Cambridge and not LSE. I was definitely devasted as it was a complete new situation for me to cope with, but I'm over it now and I told myself that the rejection will make it easier for me to choose now and then I knew that it has to be LSE. But as you know I am still waiting for a decision and actually I had already given up a bit because of the long wait, but last week something reminded me again that it just has to be LSE. I think that's the way you felt about Oxford right ? You absolutely wanted to go there, but then it turned out to be LSE and I really don't want to think about something like that happening to me... I'm so keen on getting this offer from LSE that it is already getting ridiculous ....:s-smilie:

I wish you the very best of luck with LSE. I wanted to go to Durham if Oxford rejected me ,initially, but then I changed my mind when everyone said LSE is better. It is just that LSE was never that famous for history although it is ranked very high on the league tables. But now that i know more about LSE I feel much better about it and can't wait to get there.
Original post by Sun_Bear
Any reasoning to that?

Well a lot of people have been waiting for a really long time, and it makes sense for them to get decisions this and next week because all the applications have come in...
Wait, another theory... an upsetting one.. Everyone whose waiting gets a decision at the same time (as in really late) but I hope this isn't true.
Original post by topblogger
Well a lot of people have been waiting for a really long time, and it makes sense for them to get decisions this and next week because all the applications have come in...
Wait, another theory... an upsetting one.. Everyone whose waiting gets a decision at the same time (as in really late) but I hope this isn't true.

I sincerely hope that you're right :tongue: I've been waiting since October and if I don't hear this week, I'll feel hopeless.
Not that I've been feeling really optimistic otherwise.
got my Bsc Actuarial Science Offer last month :smile:
Good luck to everyone
Reply 4933
For those who have had an offer of rejection, how long after the 4 week email did you hear back from lse?
Original post by bigcrazysix
got my Bsc Actuarial Science Offer last month :smile:
Good luck to everyone

Do you mind if I ask you what grades you got in GCSE
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by puella_optima

What's up?
What's up?

I am disappointed in you Blackfyre... Did you apply for history or am I getting you confused with someone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by puella_optima
I am disappointed in you Blackfyre... Did you apply for history or am I getting you confused with someone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for Management but you still have the right to be dissappointed, soooo what's up?
Please lse!!!! Phil and econ replies tomorrow!!!!
Pleeeaaase!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending